Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

jamf Helper Delay

Hello, So I am trying to use Jamf Helper to give our users some flexibility as to when they want to upgrade to Office 2019. My main concern is not forcing the upgrade when they are using the apps, and either the upgrade fails because apps are open, o...  View more

ca08421cf8584e3dbad8c7b833cabf12
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless Keyboards and Mice Security

Hi all,With Apple now fully moved away from wired keyboards and mice I'm interested to find out how schools have got past the issue of securing wireless keyboards and mice on their sites.My school is about to purchase a number of new model iMacs to r...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF to SCCM - Smart or Static Groups

Hi All, Is there a way that the members of Smart or Static Groups can be reported to SCCM via the plugin? For example, if i had a static group XYZ of computers - i would like to be able to know which computers are in this XYZ group? Thanks  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMacs Crash at Black Screen at Morning Power on

Right now this is one issue I'm struggling with and wondered if anyone had come across the same issue.I have a power schedule that turns all iMacs off at 9.20 pm and then on again at 830 am which works perfectly.But I have run into an issue with some...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe DC installer failing installation check

We are going to be deploying Acrobat DC to the masses and I am having trouble getting the installer to run even manually. A package has been created and downloaded (as a .zip file) from the Adobe admin console and I have extracted the .pkg installer....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bash script HELP

hi, New to scripting.. I have a .txt file with something similar to this.. jstreet, aliasjstreetjSimpson, aliasjsimpsonblong, aliasblong So, My script searches for the logged in user (e.g jSimpson) I want to extract the text after the comma only for ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you use JAMF Compose

Hi,Im just wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks for using JAMF compose, specifically for creating package manifests of the user environment as well as creating DMG or PKG's of applications. Ive read forums here, the documentation and other sit...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Null/Non-Null Script Parameterß

Hello JAMFers, I'm writing a script to have a local variable, and an IF statement to say "If a 4th parameter/argument was passed to the script, use that instead." For example: if [[ ! -z "${4}" ]];then theVariable="${4}" fi However, I suspect that JA...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.16 Beta 1 Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation! Jamf Pro 10.16 Beta 1 brings an exciting number of enhancements to Jamf Pro. Jamf Pro 10.16 features native Spanish localization, enhancements to User Group searches, and enhanced Digicert integration! This release also features a nu...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Consolidating VPP IDs

I'm trying to prune the number of Apple IDs used to acquire VPP licenses. For the transition I am repurchasing the (usually free) licenses and then switching the account in the VPP tab of the app instance when the new licenses appear. When that is do...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable macOS from Auto updating

Hello Everyone, I know there are ways to get into the update tool via system preferences and disable the auto update process from running, but I can't find a definitive solution to do this in a script or some other tool for computers in labs, specifi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

scheduled startup on MacBook not plugged in

Hello, When I use the scheduling feature in Energy Saver settings to set a time for iMacs and MacBooks to automatically start up at 7 am, I thought that for MacBooks, the scheduled startup will only occur when it's plugged in to prevents battery drai...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina FV and Recovery Partition

In reading the Jamf 10.15 release notes I noticed the below line: "On FileVault encrypted computers with macOS 10.15 or later, you must enter the password or the recovery key of the FileVault enabled user to access the recovery partition." I understa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repush Voice Memo app if user deletes

So I need to repush both the stock voice memo app and apple books app to several users iPads. Unlike "Find My iPone" which allows for VPP licenses, those two stock apps don't seem to allow "purchasing" the free vpp codes. When I search the vpp portal...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

There has to be a better way

Hello all I inherited a combabulation in jamf!!! So the previous guy had grades 6-12 with managed apple ID's and had to enter each into the ipads every year. Is there an easier way to do this? I had to do it for this school year and I just can't beli...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BSDPy do not work in MacOs with docker Container

Hello guys I would like to know why BSDPy do not work in MacOs with docker Container? hello, today i using in my space one NetSuS for providing to Net Install MacOs clients. But would better using docker. so, i using this script in ubuntu 18.04 with ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to delete inactive accounts on computers

Hello everyone, I need help to create a new script and employ on my work. Can you help me? I need a script that removes a user account from all computers if the user has inactivity for maybe 30 days.I search about this task and only find removing fro...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to change Guest User PfP on fast user switching menu?

I’ve already managed to change the profile picture for Guest User on the log in screen successfully through /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/LoginUIKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LoginUICore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/GuestUser.png But in t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors