Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Disable Self Service in labs?

Greetings all, I seem to have a lot of questions this week. This one is short, how do I get rid of Self Service on lab machines? We don't want students fooling with that stuff, although we DO want staff and faculty to be able to use it in their offic...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS Removal Script

Found some JN posts regarding removal of Adobe CS, but nothing specific for CS6 and the tools I have tried from Adobe aren't removing the full suite. Anyone have a script to share that nukes Adobe CS6? I need to deploy the CC version ASAP but CS6 nee...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Hire Mac Basics

I have a couple of users who have just joined our Sales/Outreach teams and they have never used a Mac before. I am wondering if anyone here has an idea on what I could teach them in their first week.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Account UID via sysadminctl

Has anyone else notice that using the sysadminctl to create local hidden admin accounts will NOT set a custom UID? sysadminctl acts like it will set the requested UID but then assigns a standard UID (like 502 for example). I typically never have to c...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Differ reboot post installing Security Updates

Hi Mac Admins, Hope this email finds you well. Can you helpe me with script or any other process to differ restart post security updates are installed? Also I would like to run the inventory update if the update is installed correctly or not. By veri...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help needed with a computer name script.

I need help with a script which can pull the first and last name of a user from the device and set this as their computer name, which is then reflected in Jamf Pro. I've had some success with the below script taken from another thread, but this only ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Count Exceeded

Hi there, When opening the Jamf Pro portal on the notification section (blizzard) I noticed I get the message: Device Count ExceededThere is an link: Purchase additional devices here but when browsing to the link from the Jamf Pro portal to this addr...  View more

685b024441da41bfacf638e6ea0f65fa 2c8e0a3d0dbc4ba9a24612cd36c27463
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Touch ID Stopped Working after Enrollment

I enrolled a MacBook Air in our Jamf Pro instance, and prior to enrollment, the user unlocked the laptop with touch ID. Now, touch ID won't work. In my config profile, the "unlock with touch ID" box is checked. I even excluded the LT from the profile...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave Desktop Image + Mojave.heic File

I've got this issue that's been driving me bonkers.... I have a custom Mojave.heic file that is just a renamed .png file that is branded with our district logo. Our district logo got updated recently and I decided to push it out to one Mac here. The ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can we brand Apple TV from the box?

Hi, I have a deal for 2000 Apple TV, HERE THE CUSTOMER RESUQEST: 1- When his customer power on the Apple TV it must show his logo before TV OS interface. How can we do it? 2- Link each Apple ID connected to an Apple GIFT CARD to be automatically cred...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restoring From Time Machine

Hey guys,I have 2 Macs Pro (Let's say MacA already enrolled and MacB in the scope). The user reported that MacA isn't working well, so I made a Time Machine backup of MacA, and restored in MacB.However, it showed error "Device Signature Error - A Val...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Managed Apps from Dead Mobile Devices

Has anyone had any luck with removing managed apps from mobile devices that had died and won't turn on? We have already removed them from the scope of all apps that were originally assigned to them, but this isn't freeing up the license to the apps b...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Policy Freezing When Adding A Package Or Script

Hello everyone! I am use to be able to add packages to policies in JAMF without any hiccup, however recently, I'm am constantly running into an issue where when I try to create a policy and attach a script or package to it, it just hangs there and do...  View more

9d15a1e184424607966f24fe14b34ea5 042f00558a7944128ecfcdbb39a5b563 09e9de804ba641fabcfb6a43ca110c47
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Update failing

I uploaded the pkg from the Apple installer to Jamf Pro but it keeps failing. I tried as a patch, as a policy and direct through Jamf Admin, all with the same result. Copying the pkg to the machine and manually running it works fine. Help?! Downloadi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clever Web App for Mac

Hello, We're setting up our iMacs and want to deploy a Clever.com web app for Mac that we can set up a policy and deploy. I tried to create a Chrome extension app, make that into a pkg and deploy that, but the "app" is "dead" when deployed. What's th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent iTunes from automatically Syncing - Mojave

Hi, Wondering if anyone has run into this issue. We have a few lab machines that are using iPads to digitize using AstroPad. They are tethered to the Mac via USB. Each user has iTunes open to synch the iPad. Wondering if there's a way to disable this...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xink install/configure using Jamf

My company is rolling out an email signature application called Xink to all users. Has anyone had any success with this product or have any tips on its rollout? Xink Support sent me to this link for instructions but unfortunately the (very complicate...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer names not sticking

Hey all, I think I'm missing something. Within the last 2 or 3 months, a change was seemingly made, and I've no longer been able to make changes to either computer names in the JSS or on the client machine separately. If I want to change the name of ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printers Not Adding Mojave

Has anyone else been seeing issues with 10.14.5+ printers added by the user don't show up under Printers & Scanners? I have tried resting the print system and they still refuse to show up. This is with local, IP or Active Directory printers.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors