Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Illegal Group Name error when using Chown

Hello All, I was pitted with the task to migrate everyone off of Centrify and onto the Native Active Directory tool. I am at the point where I need to grant the user permissions to their own home folder but when using the following command, I am rece...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.15 Beta 1 Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation! Jamf Pro 10.15 Beta 1 brings an exciting number of enhancements to Jamf Pro in preparation for the release of macOS 10.15, iOS 13, iPadOS 13, and tvOS 13. This beta introduces the configuration profiles Single Sign-On Extensions payl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 5 kudos

Advice on common issues when setting up JIM ?

We’ve taken on Jamf Cloud hosted and are having a few issues setting up the on prem LDAP Sync AKA “ JIM “ . Both Azure LDAPS Sync and JIM (Jamf Infrastructure Manager) don’t seem to work and I was just looking to see if anyone had the same deployment...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wacom tablet privacy policy preference profile

By any chance has anyone here had any luck creating a privacy preference policy profile for Wacom tablets? All that is required to enable is Accessibility but for some reason when I create the policy with the PPPC utility the tablets don't respond pr...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installing DMG Files

I have started testing deploying STAAR and TestNav testing for the upcoming school year. Both of the downloads for these are DMG files. When deploying nothing ever shows up on the machines that it is scoped to even though when running sudo jamf polic...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Catalina

I know there is already betas available, but when first the app is in the App Store some users will try and upgrade, which we don't want.Do any know what process or installer name would be so I can be prepared before hand, so I can restrict the proce...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP issue "can't connect to jamf pro" - item failed

Hello, I have a wired issue between jamf and VPP via business manager from apple. Last week I renewed the VPP certificate and everything seems fine, basically, this is what I thought. Since I did this, it's not possible to install any VPP apps on our...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Installer" would like to administer your computer

I'm trying to make Panopto 7.0.0 available on Self Service, however, it always seems to error out at the very end. After digging through some logs, I found that the installer should prompt the user with the message in the title (due to Mojave's "enha...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac Enterprise Setup

Hi, We're planning to migrate from a mix environment to a Mac OS X only shop for a better user experience. Currently, all our non-Mac users can use any workstation he/she desires and need not worry about documents and stuff (roaming profile via OpenL...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF API '{key}' values.

Hello, Is anyone aware of the values for 'jamf-pro-user-account-settings'? Found here. https://developer.jamf.com/#/jamf-pro-user-account-settings/get_user_obj_preference__key_ Thank you.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Application Title when creating pkg with Composer?

I'm using Composer to repackage a (fairly simple) commercial product, adding some files and customization directly to the pkg's postinstall script rather than using external support files so that the end user need only download and worry about a sing...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restarting login window

Hello Everyone, I am drawing a blank and would like some guidance. We have a special branded login window background and it works great. However, when a computer receives the 10.14.6 update from Apple, this login window file is reset back to Apple's ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2019 1st time launching Apps

I'm working on deploying a cart of MacBooks that will use the Guest user to sign in. I'm trying to avoid the user having to accept the Data Notice and other prompts when opening any of the Office programs. Anyone know what plist(if any) file could be...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setup custom permissions and apply to multiple groups

We have several AD groups for various different support staff groups from different units. We need one set of custom permissions that we can apply to these AD groups. I'm not seeing any way to create that custom set of permissions and save it and the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SAPGUI config file

Hi , Need an help on deploying SAPGUI config file, I have packaged SAPGUILandscape.xml file from the SAP Preference in the user Library, But once it deployed if the user add any new server it's available only for single session, if we quit and open t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave 10.14.5 Screen Saver & Logout Issues

[Hello everyone. I've been having problems trying to get screen saver and logout settings to catch. My goal is to have screen saver and idle logout disabled. The reason for this is our student machines, if left idle while testing software (NWEA MAP b...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

is JAMF deleted computers on its own???

I have recently seen a handful of macs that haven't checked in/recon in quite awhile missing from my inventory!! is the JAMF system somehow now setup to automatically remove computers that haven't checked in/recon in a long time?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software updates deferral question

How does the "Defer software updates for X days" thing work? Does it count days from the release of an update OR does it count the days from when the computer is made aware of the update? Here's the scenario:- I have the setting set to defer 1 day.- ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup or Sync Options for Classroom Of iMacs

Hey Folks, I’ve been asked to provide some options to keep backups (or file syncs) of a classroom of 15 or so iMacs - just user data nothing else. The iMacs are primarily used for music creation in Sibelius or Logic Pro. I have no idea of the availab...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking non-secure Wifi networks

I was wondering if anyone out there has has a project with restrictions for devices to connect to Wifi networks? I would love to set a minimum requirement security level so that our users do not just go around connecting to any wifi that is out there...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

MDM Migration Guide

Hey everyone check out this new guide I created on how to migrate from one MDM to Jamf. Hope it can help someone if they ever need to do this. czechtech  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors