Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Auditing Unapproved Applications

Does anyone know if this can be automated? We would like to compare a list of pre approved applications to what applications are currently installed on our managed machines and which machines have those un approved applications. So far, i've been sea...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple School Manager Export

I am trying to figure a way to export all the user data from ASM. Our current SFTP file is not the same as one from previous import and I need to cross reference the data. I didn't see a simple solution on ASM to export, anyone have ideas?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.14 Upgrade - Did it work for you?

I had a fun experience yesterday going from 10.8 -> 10.14 on redhat linux. Long story short I had to revert to 10.8. I worked with support on it and apparently there are some problems upgrading to 10.14. Has anyone got it working? If so, what OS is y...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Policy - Error Code = 0 but not working ?

Hey there, Sorry - The title should read "EXIT" code, not Error code. I have a script policy that uninstalls a specific program. The script when ran manually from my Desktop works properly, and uninstalls the program in question. When I run the Polic...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to login as a local user in self service

I have a few policies in Self Service that require people to click the log in button. Currently it goes to our SSO page, but a couple of people need to access it that don't have accounts on our SSO page... How can I get them to login with local jamf ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Now profile not removable

We are in the process of ramping up a new instance of Jamf Pro. We have some laptops which were previously enrolled in an older version of Jamf Now. The issue is that these laptops have been removed from the older Jamf Now, and the MDM profile still ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Certificate clarification

Hi everyone, In layman's terms, can someone please describe the different certificates used in Jamf? I do know that APNS certs are needed to maintain push notifications, however, I definitely could use a refresher on others, like root ca, PKI, etc th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf School Teacher

I read about support for Jamf Parent in 10.14. What about Jamf School Teacher?https://www.jamf.com/products/jamf-school/apps/Is that supported in 10.14?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Log files - Whos admin account 16

Hello JAMF Community, I'm about to remove the errors from the logfiles. Now I came across the following entry: 2019-07-08 13: 02: 24,012 [ERROR] [duledPool-1] [VppCommService] - Client context for admin account 16 does not match Is there a way to fin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Parent

Hi, Are there thoughts of pushing Jamf Parent to macOS devices as well?I think a lot of parents at my school would like the ability to restrict student BYOD devices for their children.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Default PDF and Image applications

Hello all, I am trying to deploy a plist for com.apple.launchservices.secure to make Adobe Acrobat the default PDF viewer, and Adobe Photoshop the default image application. For some reason this particular profile is not showing up on my Jamf Pro man...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Request in Jamf Pro 10.14

The functionality looks great, and I'm ready to put it into immediate use save for one big detail that I find myself wondering "why?" from Jamf on. Why can't I use a smart user group for my requesters in addition to a static group? I would like to en...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Esri CityEngne

Is anyone out there using jamf pro to deploy Esri CityEngine with a concurrent server based license, and has successfully created and deployed a package? I have been working on this for a few days and keep getting stuck. Thank you  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAVA Uninstall Script

Forgive me if this is answered in another discussion - I have seen similar posts, but nothing that gets to the root of what I am trying to accomplish. I am also, unfortunately not versed in BASH scripting, hence the reason for reaching out... I am tr...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

10.14.6, MDM User Approval and Screen SHaring

I've just discovered that it appears with 10.14.6 you can now do MDM user approval via screen sharing. Previously you couldn't do this and were presented with an error saying you couldn't do it that way and it had to be done physically at the device....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Parent

Reading between the lines in the documentation:https://docs.jamf.com/10.14.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Integrating_Jamf_Parent_with_Jamf_Pro.html Am I to infer that in order for parents to restrict their students' iPads:1. The parents need their o...  View more

9da5a22e5e4e45a9995b3232f78915be
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic IP Audits?

I was wondering if there was something pre-made I could use to pull IP address of devices from the JAMF console and have the report run through a whois and send out an email to myself for any IP's not geo-located in the states? Or is this something I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf acquires Digita Security

Hello Jamf Nation! As you may have heard, today we announced that Jamf acquired Digita Security. Digita Security is the creator of enterprise-grade, purpose-built endpoint protection solutions designed to protect Mac from malicious activities and thr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 26 kudos

Need for distribution point?

Apologies if this is a stupid question. Do I actually need a distribution point? I am setting up an on-prem Jamf server and all my client Macs are local on a closed network. Can I just upload and push out pkgs to/from the Jamf Server, without using a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Saving To Files app on iPad

ok, trying to use cfgutil to push a pdf to the files app on a COW of iPads. using: /usr/local/bin/cfgutil -f install-doc com.adobe.Adobe-Reader /Users/user/Documents/ipads estfile.pdf i can get the pdf in to reader just fine, but when using com.apple...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors