Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

RingCentral Meetings Script Error

I'm currently running into an error while trying to run this script for RingCentral Meetings: #!/bin/sh #################################################################################################### # # RingCentral Meetings.app Installation Scr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Deploy Garageband

So, I can't use VPP to deploy Garage band as a Mac App Store app (don't get me started...) but I do have a policy to push version 10.3.2. The policy fails to install with the error "This computer does not meet the OS requirements for the package Gara...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Firefox Add-ons

Hello all, I started collecting data on Chrome Extensions installed and I am now looking at doing the same for Firefox Add-ons. I am not finding much information on collecting this data into JAMF. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management Definition for OneDrive

I know it's not a priority compared to other areas of Jamf but the Patch Management Definitions for OneDrive aren't aligned with the OneDrive release cycle (Insider, Production, Enterprise) which Microsoft are working to: Patch management is currentl...  View more

90359f20700e48c2b5c98a3adc036532
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Connect to APPLE via /etc/hosts possible ?

Hello, everybody,we currently have the following problem:We would like to configure our JAMF server so that all Apple updates go through the JAMF - as it should be. However, a colleague from Security does not want to release the corresponding ports (...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS content filter plugin

We are in the process of going to a cloud-based Relay content filter and are looking to use there IOS Plugin for filtering. To my knowledge, it always needs to be running to make sure it gets the latest policy. Is there any way to force the app to st...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

When there is a certificate error Safari shows "This Connection Is Not Private" but will allow users to click "visit this website" to proceed to the website anyways. I'm looking for a way to disable this option.

When there is a certificate error Safari shows "This Connection Is Not Private" but will allow users to click "visit this website" to proceed to the website anyways. I'm looking for a way to disable this option. Anyone know how I can do this? I've ha...  View more

76b4d3ec8d4f48e69d877ea909bf0941
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 300 Training during JNUC?

I am wondering will there be a Jamf - 300 training occuring during the week of JNUC this year, a colleague of mine was able to take this class last year, but I am not seeing a 300 course available for that week right now  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Migrate Macs from Old Jamf Env to new via command line

We are rotating in a new Jamf Environment. However there are four machines that need to be moved now. What's the easiest way for me to do this. Since it's just four macs, is there a way I can do this via SSH Terminal Session so I don't need to have t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Disable Slack Auto-Updates in 4.0+

Today Slack released version 4.0 (https://slack.com/release-notes/mac]) that finally allows Mac admins to easily control the auto-update functionality via plist and Configuration Profile in Jamf. (Woo!) After chatting with support briefly you can dis...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Hardware and Software Inventory

Is there away, by advanced search or API, to report on the differences between one computer inventory update and another? Example: inventory update is recorded by Jamf recon for a computer, software package or new hardware is installed or both, then ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEPNotify - Prefill instead of Placeholder

I'm trying to find a way to modify DEPNotify so that a text field is pre-filled. Specifically, I'm using the DEPNotify Starter script here: https://github.com/jamf/DEPNotify-Starter The first text field is asking for the Computer Name. I want to pref...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault Custom Message

Sorry if this has been asked. Is there a way to provide a custom message when enabling file vault by policy? I have it set to enable after second login but would like to notify the user that you can continue to work after xx minutes while it initiate...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do YOU document JAMF

I've been tasked with the pain staking job of documenting JAMF, how each policy works, what are it's dependancies like Smart Groups, EAs, Packages etc. I'm intrigued how others have done it and whether anyone would be willing to share a template perh...  View more

• 116 replies
  • 17 kudos

Patch Management - Where to get packages?

Hi, We are finally getting around to Patch Management feature and I want to create a patch policy... but must first "add a package to a software title version". To ensure I'm not missing something:-- 1) Do I need to find the package from the web or d...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2019 Early Bird Rate Expiring

Hello Jamf Nation, It's hard to believe, but we are now only four months away from the Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) and are close to ending Early Bird pricing. Our $899 Early Bird price ($799 for education customers) is coming to an end, so we ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Dealing w/ Screen Sharing on MacOS 10.14 and 10.15

Good morning everyone, I was wondering how everyone is handling setting up screen sharing remotely / by script on device enrollment. We used to run a script that would add our local admin account to the System Preferences > Sharing settings. It appea...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC Shirts

Bit of an odd question to the JAMF staff, but who makes the JNUC t-shirts—specifically 2017 if it's changed? There doesn't appear to be a manufacturers label. It's very comfortable and fits my nerdy frame. I want to find more like it.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom inventory collection (recon) Frequency?

Is there any way to set a custom Mac Recon frequency, such as every ~36 or ~48 hours? The Policy UI doesn't have granular option for anything other than Daily/Weekly/Monthly etc. I see (3) hard-coded options in the JSS for Mobiles Device Recon (Daily...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking Changes of Extension Attributes

I know that this requires scripting and use of the API, but I haven't figured out where to start. I populate extension attributes for SSID, State, and City. I'd like to populate a separate extension attribute to track the previous SSID, State, and Ci...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

List of Known Malicious Chrome Extensions

I have been unsuccessful in finding any list of Chrome extensions that are known to be malicious. This would be wonderful for those of us that would desperately like to whitelist, but not permitted too. Does anyone have such a thing or know of one? P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

accessibility access on mojave

https://support.logmeininc.com/central/faq/on-my-mac-why-do-i-get-an-accessibility-access-message-after-i-install-or-update-the-host-software-000143399 how would you guys across it from both machines with and without admin access? is ARD/apple screen...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Wi-Fi password on schedule

I'm on a large enterprise network. Our shared-used devices are on a WPA2 network whose password changes twice a year. Anybody have any luck coming up with a scenario to address an issue like this on macs? We do have some iPads, but since they still g...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom User Images

Hey all, Looking to see what the consensus is on preferred server utility for classroom user images. I have seen threads suggesting OS server, apache, IIS, AWS. Thoughts/Suggestions?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade To Mojave on Boot

We're trying to upgrade our fleet of MacBook Airs to Mojave. We want to be able to send a command that will start the process on the boot of the device. We're NOT trying to erase and install, but to upgrade in place. We have a script that works if th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mixing of iOS & tvOS in Mobile Devices

We just started enrolling some Apple TVs in Jamf and see that they are getting populated into some of our smart groups meant for iOS. For example, the group "Has iOS 11 or Higher" exists with criteria iOS >= 11.0, new Apple TV upon enrollment gets ad...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors