Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Device Signature Error

Lately, every Mac that has tried to perform user-initiated enrollment in Jamf has been met with "Device Signature Error in the jamf log. To resolve, we perform these steps:1. Remove Jamf Framework2. Remove Jamf CA certificate3. Remove contents of /Li...  View more

6548d55d08eb42868a49078c67ffc207 9666a503451942e2a7430bd552d40d21 c3395a25002a408985f79707771f3501
  • 44 replies
  • 1 kudos

Initiate Package Installation in Self Service

Hi all, we want to deploy some 'Software-Stacks' e.g. 'Software-Stack IT' which installs Remote Desktop and iTerm2. We already tried a Policy which installs all needed Packages. It works without a problem, but it has one small downside: If the by the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running a script through self service NOT as root

I'm running the following script by hand in Terminal which works successfully to mount our user's homedrive: filteredLDAP=$(ldapsearch -LLL -x -h our.domain -b "OU=People,DC=mds,DC=ad,DC=dur,DC=ac,DC=uk" "(sAMAccountName=$USER)" homeDirectory | sed '...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad account needing verification

So we are enabling shared iPads and I have a mock student to login to the iPads to verify everything is working. However I get a verification page for some reason. Does anyone have an explaination as to what is occuring as I don't think this is going...  View more

c2c98712b07b45578a27318937ef2060
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Product Name and Information

I would like to update the product name and information for our software listed under the Third-Party Products section of your website. I don't have access to do that right now, but we want to make sure that the information listed is correct and up t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Database Connection Error

Came in this morning and saw that our on prem Jamf Pro Server wasn't working. Noticed the MySQL database server stopped working. Been working with Jamf Support all day to help resolve issue but no luck. At this point, they suggest that we have to rem...  View more

c68d86bfac99445990b83515f12494ce
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Populate JSS Computer Name via LDAP Attributes

Has anyone found an easy/effective way to take data that gets assigned via LDAP (first name and last name) and assign it to the Computer Name field in JSS? Here's an example of what we're looking to do: If we have a computer called MacBook Pro (73) t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Office 365 completely from Macs

All, I've been searching for a way to remove Office 365 which included Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, Teams and MAU from macOS.I'd came across these two script office-2016-removal-script and post by sbirdsley.Below is their script that I...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

JSS prestage

Hi all Anyone ever see a promo for “enroll” is requesting access for finder.. I keep getting this prompt when I try and image a machine from pre-stage ..My setup script is triggered on enrollment ..  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving from Centrify to JAMF Pro & NoMAD/NoLoAD.

Hi folks, we had used Centrify to manage our MACs for quite sometime and recently had switched to JAMF Pro along with NoMaD and NoLoad(Password sync) to manage our macbooks going forward. One of the main reasons for switching was because Centrify wou...  View more

4d8422601d7c41cf8ecdd337780425c0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No more zero touch with Catalina if you use FV

I just found this... "In order to prevent attackers enabling FileVault with a secret key via fdesetup, a possible avenue for a ransomware attack, Apple have introduced a new prompt that requires user approval before FileVault can be used to encrypt t...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac App Store

How do I force GarageBand to install automatically on my lab computers? I created a smart group that does not have GB and in Content Management/ Mac App Store I dled Garageband and scope it to that smart group but I don't see it installed or try to i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer record

How do I set the computer record that I assigned in jamf pro to reflect on the computer?I do see a Set computer name to computer record option in the Login Window option and that seems to work but I would like for it to work both ways.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Corel kext Team ID for Painter 2019 install?

Does anyone know the team id for Corel? I need to add it to my config profile so I don't have to approve the install in system preferences but I'm not having any luck finding it. I get an error saying it can't open the db when I run /var/db/SystemPol...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator and Business Manager

Hi All, We use Apple Configurator for devices not in our DEP Program, as they were bought before we went DEP. Now my Service Desk team are moaning that they are having to go to the ABM and type in the serial number of the device in order to move it f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SAP GUI for MacOS

Hello Recently my organization tasked me to package SAP Gui for java for mac os . To be honest I'm a little bit struggling on that one. I've identified prereqs like javafx and sapmachine-jdk. Somehow converted sapini files from windows platform to SA...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using SSO to assign user to enrolment

We are streamlining our deployment process at the moment. At the moment we can get users to go to https://jamfserver.yourshere.com:8443/enrol and they are required to use their SSO details to login. However the very next prompt is who do you want to ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Latest Version of Google Chrome Issues with JSS

Currently on JAMF Pro 10.4.0&JAMF Pro 10.8.0&JAMF Pro 10.10.0 All our JSS's have an issue with what appears to be a Google Chrome issue. Whenever we edit or create a policy and add/remove packages, we either get erratic behavior. Adding packages to p...  View more

a2350476576d480b9475da7cd14b85dc
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos

Grayed out Wifi with !

Hey All, We have been experiencing an issue while rolling out 100+ staff machines which are MBA 2018. We have rolled out about 20 so far with reports coming back with wireless not being able to reconnect when the user closes the lid and moves to a cl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Faronics Insight PPPC/TCC

I've created a config profile for Insight on our student computers using the PPPC Utility. After it's installed I'm still seeing a pop up that Insight wants to control this computer using accessibility features. Anyone have any suggestions? It isn't ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Outlook Activation with One Click

Hello, I ssaw this thread: https://www.jamf.com/blog/help-users-activate-microsoft-office-365-and-configure-outlook-in-one-click/ and I tried with Config Profile. But doesn't work. The Config Profile doen't find the Mail Adresse of LDAP. I created th...  View more

9c5ce725511d4dcbbb7b726195f1a691 65b9e9a0429543f88d3dd39cbe9b83df 74a8a01c889a4106a50350db58105a4e
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall Creative Cloud 2019 apps

Is there a tool to uninstall CC 2019 Suite? We used to be able to make an uninstaller with CC packager for 2018 and older, but I have not see anything in the admin console for uninstalling.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Device Enrollment random pop ups on enrolled macs

Hey jamf nation, I have tried searching on this, but could not really find much. We use DEP, which sometimes work and sometimes doesn't, something we have accepted, however even when it works fine we often reports on these annoying Device Enrollment ...  View more

3939a14d7aaa4ae09d33da4b86c30ebf
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Custom Script for log-in Banner

I see that there is a Log-In Banner setting in Jamf, but does anyone know of a simple script to customize the values seen below in Bold? This Bob's School Mac is named 3NO21, has Asset Number 1618, and isassigned to Bob John's 3rd Grade class. If fou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't Bypass the Secure Token Window when logging in

Hi All, I am working on the workflow for deploying 10.14.5 to our machines and while testing the desktop workflow, keep getting this I searched earlier and found the solution of adding a custom config profile with com.apple.MCX as the domain and "cac...  View more

e128a491358c4baf85afbfb4373b6aaf
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable AirPrint on macOS?

Does anyone have a suggestion for blocking AirPrint discovery on macOS? I have an Printopia Pro AirPrint server configured for iOS devices. iPhone and iPad users can quickly print to printers on-the-fly, from meetings, walking down the hall, etc. Ver...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors