Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.40.1 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.40.1. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.40.1 release notes here. Cloud Upgrade Schedule Your Jamf Pro server, including any free san...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

JNUC 2018 Diversity Sponsorship

For the 3rd year running Jamf is offering 10 people the opportunity to our diverse community to attend JNUC. The JNUC Diversity Sponsorship is one of the ways that Jamf is encouraging the presence of underrepresented groups from our community. You ca...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

New NetSUS RedHat install

I just ran the .run command and setup the installer. Can anyone tell me where the netsus directory is and can I change the location of it's storage (even with a symlink if needed)  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow non-Admin users to add only USB printers?

With the help of people on Jamfnation I created a policy to add users to the lpadmin group so they can add printers (though rather than adding "Everyone" to the group like I should've done, my policy runs at login, checks to see if a user is a member...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

10.4.1 Easter egg?

Updated our LAB to Jamf Pro 10.4.1 and noticed...an Easter egg? :) Wasn't sure if these usability improvements were documented, but kudos! Two Tomcat servers, one is Master (bottom), one is non-Master (top).  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Demote active user from Admin to Standard

So we have Macbooks with dual accounts 501 is "company admin" and 502 is "assigned user" currently with admin rights thats needs to be changed to standard. I used this script and it worked like a champ: !/bin/bash while read useraccount; do /usr/sbin...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Dashboard Colors

IMHO, for quick visual reference, it would be extremely nice to be able to select a color for the borders of each item in the dashboard. Reasoning, you can mark items that are currently being monitored, like updates, as yellow/orange. Things to be ve...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

G-Suite to LDAP. What have you done?

Hey fellow jamf users! I recently joined a marketing technology startup that is nearly all Mac based, has around 280 employees, and currently uses the G-Suite for productivity. As we all know, the g-suite doesn't have an LDAP component to it. I've be...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Font Issue - Blocks / Question Marks

Hello - Running JSS 10.4.1 , not sure what the point of failure is but I only notice this issue on machines that ARE encrypted or getting encrypted - Randomly and interrmitenttly (at least for the first few logins) ALL of the system fonts become bloc...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Apple Business Manager is live

Hey all, Our AppleCare Enterprise rep has informed me that ABM is now in production, replacing DEP and VPP for businesses. It appears that logging into deploy.apple.com with an Agent account will start the upgrade automatically. https://support.apple...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 3 kudos

A different dock other than Targus?

Hi Folks, We are preparing to install a bunch of new 13" MacBook Pros. In the past, we had a number of users using Sierra and very few with High Sierra and Targus docks. Those that use Targus docks have learned that the display link driver will fail ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Us Make Jamf Better In Your Environment!

We've been hard at work to fill the Jamf Marketplace up with meaningful integrations to help automate tasks and make that whole MacAdmin gig easier for our customers. Now that we've passed 200 items on the Marketplace, we're ready to ratchet up our e...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 10 kudos

NYC Metro Jamf User Group June 2018 Meeting

The 25th NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 26th, 2018 4:30 to 6:30 PM at Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, New York, NY, 10014 Join us as we discuss all things Apple and Jamf. It's June, so that means WWDC ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Self Service for iOS Coming Soon!

Hey Jamf Nation! We are getting close to delivering Jamf Pro 10.5, which will enhance both Bluetooth management and TV Remote app management, and significantly advance how end users interact with IT on their mobile devices through our fully redesigne...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 28 kudos

Restricting Mojave Beta

Can anyone confirm what the process name of the Mojave beta install is so I can put a restriction on it in my environment? I'm assuming it's "Install macOS Mojave.app"  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

DEP and filevault script

Two issues I have.1. The newly created user is not added to FileVault 2. Can I do a fdesetup -add -usertoadd to fix this2. My verification to see if the user is enabled for FileVault 2 doesn't seem to do anything. Ideas? #!/bin/bash if [ "$IS_LAPTOP"...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf agent installer failing to install

I am trying to stick the Jamf agent .pkg on a couple of my client iMacs, something I have done before without issue. But today my clients are refusing to install the Jamf agent .pkg. My console gives me the attached error when the install fails, sayi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer configuration

Hi Team, we are from Capgemini we want solution on printer configuration (we use secure printer which works on swipe based) is there any way we can configure through Jamf ? Regards,Girish  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue formating AFPS encrypted drive

Just had a new macbook pro dropped on my desk for enrolment, and our process requires the end user device to be erased before enrolment, they have previously set the device up using their apple ID, which has encrypted the apfs volume, it also appears...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors