Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

802.1x issues after certificate renewal

I am having an issue with our laptops that need to login to AD profiles.Before our network update, I had a Configuration Profile with the Network settings and the Certificate for the 802.1x network.Since the renewal, our issuer has changed and AD log...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Printers that Use Drivers from Apple

What is the best way to go about doing this? We have a handful of Konica Minolta copiers, I add those through Jamf Admin, push out the drivers from Konica Minolta alongside them and that all works smoothly. We also have several HP printers spread out...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Invitation Status

Anyone know if Jamf has a list somewhere for each possible status (with explanation) under Enrollment Invitations? For example I see “Completed” and “Email Sent” for some but I also see “Enrollment Profile Written” which is a little less explanatory ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Simple EA - where is the error

I am freaking a bit out. I am doing a very simple EA if onedrive exist and I have copied examples here from forum, but it does not work for some reason #!/bin/sh if [ -e /Applications/OneDrive/OneDrive.app ]; then echo "TRUE" else echo "FALSE" fi exi...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

WWDC19 - macadmin visit?

Just asking in general. Does it make sense as macadmin to visit WWDC19 (or next year 20 of course)As far I understand it is mostly for developers and we have no development at all. But would like to know if any of you have experience if this is somet...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting Mobile Devices from JAMF API

I have over 400 devices I am trying to remove from my JSS using the JAMF API and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Would greatly appreciate any thoughts. See the script below: #!/bin/sh NUMBERS="path/to/file.txt" /bin/cat $NUMBERS | while read SE...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OneDrive Configuration Setting Help

We have adopted OneDrive and modified it as a backup solution. One problem we run into is the setting to allow Office to sync files. It makes our Macs go nuts and burn up lots of resources. This option is set by default, and I am having a very hard t...  View more

89581743d2314474aadbd19f4982a4be
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Notification Certificate has expired

I am attempting to renew our Push Notification Certificate. I am following the steps provided but when I put in the Jamf Nation credentials I get a message that the account has not been validated. I have searched in our previous employees emails for ...  View more

2e008843eecb4b629f5ac2c8df2c509c
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro; Install & Upgrade methods for macOS Catalina

Hi all, Like the previous discussion i created on Jamf Nation about upgrade paths to Mojave back in september, i thought lets start a new fresh thread for sharing macOS Catalina installing & upgrade ideas and experiences. Because there are already so...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 10 kudos

Xcode Command Line Tools changed?

I've tested on network and off network and get the following message when invoking to install CLI tools (xcode-select --install): "Can’t install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server." Is my timing bad dur...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question regarding iOS app updates

Is there any way with JAMF to schedule when iOS apps update themselves so that they're not trying to update willy nilly throughout the day? We have some users who are complaining that their apps try to update at inopportune times. Force updates are s...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

EFI Driver Install failure

Wondering if anyone else is having these issues with EFI print drivers. I've been setting up printers (various models of Fiery) by creating a driver package and deploying it out to all the Macs in the environment then creating the printer object and ...  View more

67a3abad1c82433fa2e9c7cc6ebd1f87
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service policies not working

Hi All, All my self service items are bringing up errors. Even policies which do not rely or a pkg or a dmg. I have a single policy which installs from the VPP. This works, all others are failing. This has just happened over the last couple of days. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trend Micro Apex One - Install on mac via dmg

Hello! I'm trying to deploy the apex one agent to our macbooks through a policy in jamf pro. At the moment its being done by using a .dmg with the following contents:- .pkg (installer)- one folder with subfolder "conf" and a .plist file as well as th...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 300 certification / training in Bangalore

Announcing Jamf 300 Training and Certification in Bengaluru, India.Training schedule: June 24th to 27th, 2019 #Jamf Pro #Apple #MDM #Brilyant #Training #Certification. You can confirm your participation @ Mahesh@brilyant.in and sudhanshu.b@brilyant.i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Obtaining AJAX Event Logs from Jamf Pro Cloud

Is it possible to obtain the JAMF event logs through the API? I'm referring to the logs on the page here: .jamfcloud.com/eventLogs.html I can see an AJAX request at the following endpoint, .jamfcloud.com/eventLogs.ajax but I can't see any way to call...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

JDK/OpenJDK Self Service Installs

Hello - I'm looking at pushing out the JDK via self service as most of our end users are not administrators. I saw a few threads out there about JDK 8, and our company is making a big push for OpenJDK now that the licensing has shifted. Does anyone h...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Imaging

After kicking off the imaging process and when everything is done I sign into one of the computers and get "The imaging process is finishing installing software" and then restart. I know this is normal but our computers are continuing to do that afte...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing all Intune files and keychain items

We're still struggling to get our Macs to register with Intune. After each failed attempt, in addition to removing the partial computer entries from Intune, we have to delete every single file and keychain entry that has anything at all to do with In...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors