Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Mac App Store (VPP) Apps downloading twice

I have Mac App Store Apps (actually the Office suite word, excel and powerpoint) which gets deployed twice. What I mean is that even if one of them gets downloaded and installed completely (and so it's functioning correctly) I will see a new installa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Self Enrolment Package

We are looking at ways to help the ICT department in the next enrolment cycle for the new school year. We currently don't have DEP but may look at if required. Current process is that the 3 man ICT department manage all new BYOD device enrolments, we...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Incorrect Password prompts

I noticed that with username/password (EAP-GTC) 802.1x when a user’s password is changed in the directory, some supplicants prompt the user for a new password and others don’t and just error out can't connect.... Does anyone know if this is documente...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Panopto Recorder and Mojave

Our organization is needing to push out Panopto Recorder to 1000+ machines. The installer already has some issues that I've been able to address, but I could use some help on this last piece. Some of the problems with this installer, it can only be r...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Regex report returning unrelated values

Hi all! I'm running into an issue with a report from an advanced search using application title and regex matching returning unrelated results. My search is: When I view the results it seems to all be correct and only returning what I'm looking for, ...  View more

d8033f7885d04c8f94ca071640733746
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set an SSID to bottom of the Preferred Networks List

UPDATED ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 27, 2019 In my environment I have two (or more) corporate SSIDs and a single Guest SSID. During our Jamf enrollment process, in-house devices always start out on the Guest network then they receive a Jamf mobileconfig that ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf Connect 1.4.0 General Availability

What's new in this release Jamf Connect Login (version 1.2.0):Support for PingFederate as a cloud identity provider (IdP). To integrate Jamf Connect Login with PingFederate, see PingFederate. Jamf Connect Sync (version 1.0.4): N/A Jamf Connect Verify...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Recommendations on Anti-Virus

My company is adamant about having our 40 some Macs protecting with McAfee Endpoint protection. I have been working on this project for months and there seems to be issue after issue with McAfee and its deployment of the agent with Jamf and then ePO ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Smart Groups Showing "No records Found"

Hi We have updated our DEP token today but I doubt this is associated. When we go to our smart groups now and try and search, it shows the count of computers but keeps returning "no records found" Ive tried creating a new group but the same issue per...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil Getting Started

Does anyone have any recommended steps or a quick overview of how to get dockutil up and running? I see some examples out there, but am not quite sure where to start building the package or writing a script. It seems to be the best way to manage dock...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote reset of user passwords in 10.14.4, broken?

I created a profile that would lock a user account after x amount of failed password attempts, then tested it and got nicely locked out. Received a msg to contact the sysadmin which is me so looked at how to unlock the account but could not find anyt...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sentinel One AV Install Help

How do I deploy Sentinel One through jamf when it requires a general site token during the registration part of the installation. I want to be able to push it out to multiple macs that have already been enrolled in JAMF.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

JSS CA for 802.1x

Maybe this is crazy but... Has anyone thought of using the JSS built in CA, taking its issuer certificate as the trusted authority on a RADIUS server and then having the clients auth with 802.1x using the JSS issued cert. I can't reference that cert ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to get list of computers in batch

Hello, I am looking at API where if an organization has more than 5000 devices registered in Jamf, i need to get the computers in batches.. means. get 1000 computers in batch to reduce the network latency. Can some one provide some clues?  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copying files locally off server for install

Hello, I am new to being the JAMF admin on our team and I can troubleshoot macs and use them but scripting and automation are not my thing by any means. I am trying to learn but it's a big big world and I need help. I have been tasked by security to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to remove a specific account in 10.14?

I'm having issues deleting a setup user account in 10.14+. After imaging completes, I have a script running the following: !/bin/sh /usr/local/bin/jamf deleteAccount -username admin -deleteHomeDirectory exit 0 but it doesn't work. I'm looking for a s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf and Google MDM

we use the Google Suite as much as we can. Gmail, Drive, etc. We also manage our iOS devices with JAMF Pro, but we use Google's MDM for BYOD devices (access to Drive and Gmail on personal devices). The problem with this is that if someone wanted to a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

How do you manage apps for BYOD?

Now I am embarking on the whole BYO area with users with their own devices, who want specific apps, and will be calling the help desk to find out what they need to do or in rare cases finding something on our portal on how to get something. I do not ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

ADCS - When does certificate re-apply

If a user is resetting the keychain the certificate that was applied from ADCS is of course gone. The configuration profile for the ADCS certificate is still there, but when will it re-apply the certificate again ? Or must there be made something mor...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Orphaned profile I can't remove

Yesterday I was experimenting with setting the homepage in Safari via Config Profile. It worked quite well, but it was only a test so I removed my computer from the scope and went home for the day. This morning I discovered that my computer was still...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors