Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Nomad - auto login if not signed in

I see a issue on Nomad, that if people restart the nomad is auto-signed in as it use keychain and everything is fineHowever, if client that goes into standby some time or leave company network and come back(without it is restartet), that the nomad is...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office VPP - anyone using it ?

Several month has gone since the new option to install office 365 from Appstore apps.I have tried to use it some times, but it still seems very buggy?. Nearly always the installation of apps is not working and each app has only a very small size of f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Appstore apps not installing

Every now and then I encounter the issue that Appstore apps are not installed during enrollment.In the log it shows: vpp redownload call timed out Right now the only way to get them installed is wiping the disk and re-enrolling the machine...Is ther...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple releases SecureToken Documentation

We have been waiting for Apple to document SecureToken for a long time now. The wait is finally over. I dug into the new Apple document to see if I could find any new bits of information. https://mrmacintosh.com/securetoken-documentation/  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Copying Launchpad items to multiple computers

We're looking into using Launchpad as a Launcher in a lab as an easy way for students to launch applications. We previously were using DragThing, which was perfect for our needs, but the developer is removing support for it. Unfortunately, I'm not ab...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

2018-2019 Macbook Pro black screen after enrollment

I have been getting reports form my techs that the MBP 15" 2018-2019 have been becoming unresponsive after imaging stuck at a black screen. You can SSH into the machine and reboot or run any commands. I just found this odd, I'm working on fixing now ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x "Vanishing"

Edit: FYI - Working off of 10.9 - moving to 10.11.1 this Thursday. I also want to note we don't see this behavior with the other profiles, just our 802.1x profile Hey everyone - We have just started experiencing a weird behavior with our 802.1x MDM p...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Deploy.apple.com is down right now

Just in case you're wondering if it's just you, just got off the phone with support, they're getting calls for this from all over. "Authentication service 'AppleConnect' experienced a malfunction: java.lang.RuntimeException: AppleConnect: fatal valid...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricting Microsoft Edge?

Hello Everyone, We are trying to create a restricted software piece for Microsoft Edge. We can restrict the "dev" version of the installer, but the canary build isn't being blocked. As the end of the school year is quickly approaching, we really don'...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock and Dockutil and Jamf Policy Woes...Ideas?

Hello all, So, in our environment we have a Mac lab used by elementary students (PreK-3), there's a single login for each class. Finding a way to have each of these user accounts to get a custom dock has been a nightmare (tired built in Jamf tools: p...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Business Manager - Adding Serial Numbers

Good day, I have been out of the loop for a while when it comes to Apple management. I'm trying to grok Apple Business Manager... I had a discussion with a former associate who said that you can upload your older machine serial numbers via CSV to ABM...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP in menu bar package behavior

I install the "IP in menubar" app on our Macs to show the computer name and its IP address in the menubar (https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/Software/IPinmenubar.shtml). For this deployment I use Composer to simply capture the app in the Application...  View more

a565b617f7f845ba80e462b7e83c9038 8b5419f70c814afbbe602c2a51ee96a8
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi/AD issues

Hi, Hope some of you can help me out here. We experience that when our users change their AD password, they lose their connection to our WiFi, but I can still view the Wifi Profile on their Mac. Anyone experienced this before? *They way I solve it to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Emergency notification to Mac desktop

Hey folks. I have been asked by our estates team to see if we can come up with a mechanism to display a message on our Macs in the event of an emergency in our buildings. Setting up a simple Jamf Helper notification for this has gotten me halfway the...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Redirect personal filevault keys to Jamf

I know this has been discussed before, but wanted a fresh take on it as it seems old methods are no longer supported. We have numerous users who have enabled FileVault via System Preferences, and not by Jamf, therefore we don't know what their person...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to: Imaging Mojave 10.14

First: This is not Apple approved. I know that, you know that, do it at your own risk. I do, this works fine. This is not a discussion about why or opinions :). Some of us have this need, this is one solution! Step 1: Making a Mojave Image:Have a goo...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 2 kudos

GUI Testing Suite Suggestions

Hi! We are planning to build up a testing lab for GUI testing. Right now we are evaluating several solutions such as Squish, Eggplant and SikuliX. Our requirements to the solution:- automated GUI testing with scheduling- support for macOS & Win10, iO...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workaround for Script Parameter $3?

Does anyone know of a workaround to get user input from Self Service either than using the script parameter $3? We have noticed since the JAMF PRO JSS 10.11.1 update, this is broken. We utilize this parameter heavily when onboarding in August, for ab...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nomad and Nomad Login syncing

Hello all, I've seen this mentioned a couple of times before on here, and it seems no one really has an issue with it aside from me. We have a print server that uses Active Directory to auth users for print jobs- they have an NFC card they can boop, ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Office 2019 without Outlook

As a GSuite district, our users use google for all our email needs. We do have several users that need the Microsoft Office suite deployed to their machines due to reports, programs that are not nicely compatible with Google. I want to be able to pus...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push out OS update

First of all, excuse my ignorance. My knowledge of Jamf has come from trial and error and believe me when I say, there's been a lot of it. Most off of our MacBook Airs are on 10.12. I'd like to update them (about 1200) to 10.14. Is there an easy way ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multi-User Login Issue

Let me start off by saying that we are a school site/district and all of our users are domain based of our network and not local user accounts. We upgraded one of our Mac labs to Mojave and quickly discovered an issue with the login screen. Once a us...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors