Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NEW Adobe Packaging and deployment question

We are starting to use the new method/process of licensing and packaging Adobe products. I was initially excited to see what appeared to be regular .pkg files in hopes my deployment would simplify. With older packages (Adobe Icons), they zipped when ...  View more

a03ad57fd633480abd98c036bdb7286e cd23bdbc6f6f4c1fb5baa5f540a59c2f aed2fecbe30c40a2985b3ca92d58f5f1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Placing a launch daemon without an MDM

I have a .pkg I created that starts a system process named Company [being the name of where I'm at]. My network admins need a system process to scan for when a device tries to connect via VPN. It's to verify it's a company asset. I wrote the 'app' an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intune and O365

We use JAMF pro 10.10.1. In company external network, this network with full security control, when we setup JAMF integrated with Intune, we can see Mac in Azur AD, but conditional access compliance checking is failed, we think during checking, Mac n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Strange APNS Renewal Email

We received the attached email from Apple, but the MDM mentioned in the email says "null." When I log into our JSS, there are no notifications to renew APNS? How can I tell if it needs to be renewed?  View more

6b23ee46a6f146a5ae50f9b67b08306a
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copy/paste pdf files generate xmp files

Hello, I have a little issue but that does not concern Jamf.But I ask you a little help. Please, have you ever seen this type of behavior with pdf files on MacOS (10.13.x and 10.14.x) ? When we copy/paste a pdf file from one place to another place in...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MFA availability for JAMF Cloud Login

Can someone please help me to get more info on MFA setup for JAMF cloud. We are planning to get JAMF cloud based instant to manage around 200 Apple devices and client is looking for MFA to enhance the security for accessing the JAMF console. Addition...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

To /Applications or to ~/Applications?

Application: GitHub Desktop Issue: Does not auto-update and pops an message asking to install a helper (Admin rights required to install). This is in Self-Service for all of my IS Macs however the developers/users do NOT have admin rights. Also, this...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open Position with Large Retail Customer

Looking for a Jamf engineer that has experience with:1.Ticket resolution 2. Installs, configures, and troubleshoots Mac OS hardware and software systems3. Deep knowledge of Jamf4. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Servers5. Maintains passwords,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads refusing to update OS

Hello, I have a static group of managed iPads that are mostly on version 12.1.4 and for some reason won't update to 12.2. They acknowledge and operate any other command they are given such as restarting or wiping, but attempting to update the OS just...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate Batch PDF to multiple TIFF files

Hi, how can I automate a Batch a PDF file to multiple TIFF files using two folder, one folder would the PDF's, and the other would be the converted TIFF files using Acrobat DC Pro(Mac)? Thanks for any advise on this... wgill@optonline.net  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

USB Disk Encryption solution

Hi all, Wonder if any of you have experience with this. My end goal here is:- If an un-encrypted USB thumb drive is inserted into a Macbook. It is read only.- If a user is to copy files from the Macbook to the USB thumb drive, the disk must be encryp...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service app reports "Unable to connect to server"

I purchased 1,000 VPP licenses for the Jamf Self Service app (ver 10.8.0) using Apple School Manager. On my JSS Pro, in Mobile Device Apps I accepted the defaults and scoped it to my iPhone. I left "App Configuration" at the default (blank). After a ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Test change management log

I'm just setting up now on a Windows 2016 server. I listed the path to the log directory. Is there anything I can do manually to generate a log? I want to ensure it's writing properly  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-create Recovery Partition APFS

Hello I have around 20 Macs in our organisation where for some reason or another the Recovery Partitions are corrupt which will not allow them to be encrypted. Pre 10.13 i was able to delete the Recovery partition in Terminal and re-install OS which ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS vs Cisco Anyconnect "Always On"

Hi, We implemented Cisco Any Connect "Always on" on all Windows Clients and Macs. I noticed that we have couple of users that are not on Mojave yet, so I want to upgrade their Macs ASAP, but download/installing, the Macs needs to restart, but Cisco A...  View more

c032050884c048c192f58d40e7123ee7
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stuck in setup assistant boot loop

We've just upgraded to JAMF 10.11.1 and we're now having to "Create a user" and login or the machine reboots to the setup assistant again. Prior to this upgrade we would just let it sit at the Create a User page, the enrollment trigger would kick off...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Extension Attribute Help

I am trying to create an Extension Attribute to get the version of a file. The file appears to be a UNIX executable. I worked with the company and they said I can go to the terminal and type the following command:/Applications/sgtlabs/AristotleNT -ve...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Dual authentication

I am trying to achieve dual authentication for wifi connection.One is AD user name and password another is certificate based authentication from root server.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Password for Management account

Hello Guys, What is the best method to reset the password for Management account, Via Policy or Via script also which one will be so reliable .. If script can any one could me hint of script to reset the password of Management account. Thanks in Adva...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to collect log files

When Mac users rapport issues, you always have to remove/walk to the user and typically the first you do is check log files As far I remember during Jamf training, there is an option to get log files uploaded into the jamf backend in attachement ?. B...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors