Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Connect Sync Filesharing to MS DFS Shares?

I'm in the process of configuring Jamf Connect Sync.- I have it pulling Kerbos tickets- I can directly connect to an SMB share- It will not access a DFS mount point even though through MacOS "Connect to a Server" I manually can access that mount poin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Guest account prompting for EFI Password

We use EFI passwords on our devices, and have guest account access enabled. The issue we have just discovered is if you log into the guest account, it reboots and you get the EFI Password screen, which our users don't know. What is causing this and h...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hardware information not being populated.

This could be a very simple answer so I apologies in advance, Seems like Jamf is unable to retrieve hardware information on some machines, they have all been enrolled via user-initiated- no invitation method. Was wondering why this is happening and a...  View more

b1428dd4cbe44f8bb875fe9058d05a69
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome configuration profile

I'm trying to assign default homepage using HomepageLocation in com.google.Chrome.plist It doesn't seem to be doing anything. I don't see the key when I do defaults read com.google.Chrome Is it more complicated than this?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Last call for Boston Area 3/23 Jamf User Group!

Looking forward to catching up with folks at tomorrow night's Jamf User Group meeting! Should be some lively discussions around directory integration (Jamf Connect, Enterprise Connect, NoMAD), macOS Mojave deployment, and MDM ecosystem strategy. Than...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

CVE-2019-0232 - Tomcat Running on Windows

Recently came across this CVE and haven't seen it posted yet. http://mail-archives.us.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201904.mbox/%3C13d878ec-5d49-c348-48d4-25a6c81b9605%40apache.org%3E This seems to effect all current versions of Jamf Pro running o...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Software Updates field

I have been trying to find an answer to this question but alas I am unable to through various search permutations. Is there a way to pull the information out of the Software Update field in the User inventory? I am looking fo an API call or a smart g...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block Java and SDK to get updated

I'm trying to block the java to get it updated to the latest. I tried to block with restricted software but not able to find the java process name. able to kill the java completely but just want to block so that users can not install latest unless it...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome strange update behavior, help!

I downloaded @joe.farage awesome Chrome Update script but it started failing the last few months. It was pushing them fine but the installed version stayed the same. Then I discovered that the app started growing in size.Turns out that Google stores ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil on 10.14

Maybe this isn't fully supported, but the icon for the user's downloads doesn't seem to work with dockutil on macOS 10.14. It's just showing as a question mark. If I right click this icon and change it to a Stack then back to Folder the icon then wor...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode 10.2.1 update not pushing out via VPP

I currently have a request for Xcode 10.2.1 which is the newest version (and echoed in the Mac Store Apps section of Jamf). My entire fleet has Xcode pushed to them via VPP and all machines are currently sitting at 10.1. I have Apple Software Updates...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check for existence of a kernel extension?

We have a number of applications that install kernel extensions. I was told by Jamf support that the kernel extension needs to be installed via a config profile BEFORE the policy that installs the application runs. There are two ways to do this: Crea...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Needed TCC Profile Generator

My problem is that we are using a script during enrollment process. I get the message: "enroll" wants access to control "System Events." I ran the tccdbRead.py and it showed: kTCCServiceAppleEvents | /usr/local/jamf/bin/enroll How would I create a wh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internal Certificate Issue

I was using a self signed certificate from JAMF and would get the "this site isn't trusted" when I navigated to my URL. I reached out to our internal CA team "Entrust" to get a valid cert so that we don't get that message when logging in. I've upload...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.12 Beta 2 now available!

Happy Friday Jamf Nation! As you may have seen, Jamf Pro version 10.12 beta 2 has dropped and is ready for your test environments! A key new feature added in this release allows the Jamf Pro server to now send education profiles to student Macs. This...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

.p7b certificates in config profile

Testing pushing several certificates out via a config profile, and hitting a snag. I have 4 root certificates, standard "xyz.cer" format. Able to import those with zero issue. Then I have a bundle of intermediate certs in a "xyzzy.p7b" format. When I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors