Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

FV2 Key Escrow Problem; Asking again after a few weeks

I used this process to rekey/ key escrow all my Macs on High Sierra and Mojave, and it seems to be working fine. https://github.com/homebysix/jss-filevault-reissue I am seeing some strange behavior, however. Someone told me they were asked to Rekey/E...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bind to AD and use Nomad

I'm about to deploy a new lab and will bind the machines to AD so students can login with their accounts. With faculty and staff we use Nomad Login and Nomad for UnBound account creation and sync. I'm trying to figure out if there would be any advant...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push commands to multiple devices simultaneously

Hey there! As an initial disclaimer, I've looked through the discussions before posting this question. If this topic has already been answered, please direct me to the answer and accept my apology for missing it. That being said, I am a novice when i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Digital Guardian and disabling SIP

We are about to trial Digital Guardian as a POC but they want us to disable SIP on all devices. Which seems like a bad idea at best.. Currently we have Symantec DLP for our Windows users but it has never worked properly on Macs. We decided not to inf...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

com.microsoft.Outlook - Not working

I am getting crazy about this issue and simply cannot understand why it does not work In ~/Library/Preferences I have my com.microsoft.Outlook with the following DisableImport But the Import button still works. Also when I try and add other ou...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft "Required Data Notice" pop up

So as of today Friday 19 July, we have started seeing a rather large popup Window (See attached) appear when a user logs into one of our Macs. We're not even starting any MS apps, it happens a few seconds after logging in. Just wondering if anybody e...  View more

6e6d22cfd54441af99af2abb05cfaf36
  • 27 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf Pro - Microsoft InTune integration

Our company has multiple office across the globe, with multiple independent Jamf Pro servers hosted on-prem in different regions (for example, we have a Jamf Pro server in our US office managing our US Mac fleet; we have another in the UK managing ou...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS in-app VPN Palo Alto Firewall

Does anyone use a Palo Alto appliance for their VPN configuration? We are attempting to set up an in-app VPN that would launch automatically when app is open. Healthcare environmentApple Business Manager with Volume distributionJamf Pro Cloud 10.13Ap...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

nomad createadminuser

Hello all. Im having an issue with nomad login. I am setting up some computers for student use and want them to be standard users when they login. As of current when placing the createadminuser with bool as no, it still creates admins when I log in. ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd - MDM Approval Prompt

When installing Jamf binaries via QuickAdd, we are having to manually go into System Prefs > Profiles and approve the MDM Profile. Is there any way to generate a prompt for this? Perhaps a post-flight script in the QuickAdd package? I know we can't s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proxy Bypass Settings Question

Working on a manual proxy config for my systems since apns won’t work with a PAC file. The wpad.dat file has a bypass for any hostnames with no dots (isPlainHostName). Is there an equivalent that I can use with networksetup -setproxybypassdomain in t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office 2019 VL Serializer

Hey everyone, So I'm having a problem with Office 2019 activating. When I launch say word it prompts me to login instead taking me to the window where I can create a new blank document. I've gone to MacAdmins and downloaded MS Office 365/2019 build 1...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Purge profiles in 10.13+

So I used to keep a simple script available for admins to flush the profiles and re-load for troubleshooting purposes. Just realized that it is no longer working as of 10.13. Script itself is very simple, it just calls for: mv /var/db/ConfigurationPr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

My Mac won't connect to Jamf admin services

Hi, I have 3 Macs in my environment right now. 1 test device, 2 sort-of administration devices. I have all the JAMF running on one of those, but I need to move them to another one. So I installed JAMF Pro, I wanted to run Jamf Admin and after I enter...  View more

8be3dace976e484dadc7220519318122
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect Login 1.3.0 not prompting

Anyone else have the issue that the latest version of Jamf Connect Login doesn't prompt for the creation of a user during DEP enrollment? Previously been using JCL 1.1.1, but wanted to check the latest version 1.3.0.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobility: Account Expiry: Delete Mobile Accounts

When trying to set an expiry time for mobile account have found that even if you specify a time when saved the nominated time always reverts back to "0" and "hours". If this is the only time available in this pane, why is it there? Nothing that I hav...  View more

29e7912431344e99b2a6d41faa954491
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud email spam

Not really Jamf related, but since this just started today, I've got to ask somewhere... Has anyone who uses iCloud.com mail seen a sudden increase in spam as of today? Starting around noon today I started getting spam messages virtually every 1-2 mi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MAC Randomization Options for macOS

Hello guys, Question and please let me know if it has been addressed here before. So, iOS uses random mac address when an unknown AP Pings the device and sending the correct mac address when the iOS joins the network. Is that the same behavior for ma...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Box Drive 2.8.186 and El Capitan 10.11.6

Does anyone knwo if Box drive version 2.8.186 is compatible with el captain 10.11.6? I am working with some users of a new acquired company and they use box. Unfortunately it does not seem to be working on El Capitan 10.11.6, but did on other version...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office for Mac MAU Update Deadline

The newly released Office for Mac MAU (4.13) shows in its release notes that a new feature has been added where you can set a deadline. "MAU Update Deadline: Mac Admins can now set a deadline within MAU to enforce updates across their Mac users." htt...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

Only running a policy when application is NOT open.

Ahoy JAMFinties! I'm looking to enable a policy company wide, but I want to make sure that it does not run when the user has the application [Zoom] open. I'm sure this is going to involve some scripting, but I just want to make sure I'm getting this ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom Room Equipment

Hey Guys and Gals, So I'm tasked with procuring equipment for our Zoom conference rooms and my company wants an Apple TV and a Mac Mini in each room. The main use cases are Zoom meetings and being able to AirPlay to the TV in the rooms but does havin...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors