Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Cloud Backup

I’m looking to backup Macs to the cloud. What are top 3 solutions and ones that work great with Jamf? I want users home folders to be fully backed up for recovery if the drive goes out.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upload Size Limit for a Package for Cloud JSS?

I have an Adobe Creative Cloud package that is 21Gb (I know it's massive). Pre-Jamf, I was able to use ARD to install the package to target machines about 85% of the time. I wanted to see if Jamf was more reliable but have had no success in getting t...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding iPads to PreStage

Yes! It's that time again. Just received 1420 new iPads and am adding them to my pre-stage.....one at a time.If I use the select all button, even if just for 10 devices on a page, I get the error when I save. If I click the same 10 devices one click ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrol

Hye, How to enrol a devices wich is not register into Apple business manager,and not allowed to use apple configurator.( error 500) Thx Eddy  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad as Kiosks and separate App Config Settings

Hi All,We're piloting iPad kiosks as check in devices for various uses (Reception, Help Desk, etc) and I'm curious to hear how others are managing/dealing with a single mobile app that has multiple app config settings that are unique to each site the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lansweeper Agent

Just wondering if anyone has configured the Lansweeper agent for deployment on OSX yet. I tried to use Composer to capture the dmg install, but I'm not seeing the device agent checking in. I fear that it has copied the config of the Composer machine ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Autofill Domain/Password Sync for Enterprise Connect

Has anyone been able to auto fill the domain and have the "Keep my Mac login and Active Directory passwords in syns" box checked with Enterprise Connect? I'm trying to find a way to have that autofill so when user's launch the app all they have to en...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Probe for Network Adapter Name

I'm trying to set proxies for my users' adapters - however, some users have a 3rd party adapter. Some have the Apple USB and others have the Apple Thunderbolt Ethernet. If I use something like:networksetup –setwebproxy "Ethernet" "proxy.mycompany.com...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted software by user group?

The Jamf Pro online manual at https://docs.jamf.com/10.6.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Restricted_Software.html seems to imply that the Restricted Software function can be scoped to operate on specific user groups. However I don't see that functiona...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Standard user with rights to install new external device

As in our company we deploy standard local users, whenever they try to plug in a new external device like an ethernet cable, he must fill admin user credentials in order to activate the new peripheral. Is there a way to avoid this and give std user t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain - Not able to change password

Hi,I have searched for a solution on this for a couple of hours without any suggestion to a solution i like.I have a couple of usesr, where Adobe wants to use Local items password in Keychain, but do not accept the newest password but only the old pa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf enrollment - Single Sign On not working

For some mac clients where users try to enroll I see below error.We are using single sign on and guess for 95% of users it works fine, but for some this error comes Sometimes it works in a different browsers, but other times it is the same error no m...  View more

f412abc79423489996135f7d01ebf7f1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

~ Tilde appearing in file path rather than users name?

Hi all, We use the custom search path option to collect inventory information about applications installed in the local user accounts on our iMacs.In the past, it used to display as /$username/Desktop/Spotify.app for example. Now, it's coming up at ~...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

iOS Auto-Lock Minutes

When I increase iOS Auto-Lock Minutes to 15 minutes, only the iPad shows the option to increase this parameter to 15 minutes. iPod Touch doesn't show the option to increase the auto-lock parameter above 5 minutes. I haven't tested this with iPhone bu...  View more

f27f823bebe24a098e8b9d1dd488da4e
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf: commandnot found

I have a computer that was registered with jamf when it was purchased, and it initially connected with the jamf system. Not it is showing that the computer has not checked into jamf since it was first unpacked. when i attempt to run sudo jamf, i get:...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

How long device is marked as "just enrolled"?

Hi, In policy there is parameter called:Enrollment CompleteImmediately after a computer completes the enrollment process Do you know how long after enrollment device is not longer marked as "just enrolled"? The reason why i'm asking as we have one po...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL 8

There are some references in JAMF for how to set up MySQL 8 but I feel it is not centralized enough to be fully successful deploying on MySQL 8. This is just to condense it into a single post. To start with, you will need to edit my.cnf and include d...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

unbinding from Domain issue

I'm trying to unbind from a domain (using the unbinding.sh script thats floating around here) .... the script runs and is successful in unbinding from the domain, but returns as "failed" in the logs... Any suggestions on what's going on? Should i be ...  View more

3b2503f9b733429cacba4e993c58b42b
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles not installing

So I have a strange issue where my configuration profiles are not being pushed out to my machines. Mainly my profiles that are the fonts. I removed the framework and reinstalled it to test. This reinstalled most of my profiles but only four of my hun...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

adding admin credentials to policy?

Still learning Jamf so it's probably been asked before, but I can't seem to find it here. Is there a way to have a policy that requires admin credentials to be installed? I assume to be pushed with the credentials somehow embedded? A script? I have s...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Other Content filter on Ipad

Hello,We currently manage a fleet of ipad.only adult sites are blocked.The games are for example accessible.On our site, we have a firewall to block this but at home students this is not the case.Do you know other restrictions of the "game", "P2P" ty...  View more

b05405bfb4f04b17b8af30d0e8a1391c
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change max. Users on Shared iPads

We currently use shared ipads on which a maximum of 5 user profiles are stored. Is there a possibility to change this number without having to set up the device again?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

rsync with backup and deletion

Hi mates. I have an rsync running with this command: /usr/bin/rsync -avbz --no-p --no-g --chmod=ugo=rwX --update --delete --ignore-errors --force --backup-dir="Deleted-$DATE" --exclude='.*' --exclude='Applications' --exclude='Downloads' --exclude='Li...  View more

73d87413db144362bec4ac45988eb6c9
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

removing Jamf Pro Built-in CA

I'm in the process of migrating users from a company we just purchased to our JAMF instance... i can remove the MDM profiles using using the command: "sudo jamf removeMdmProfile && sudo jamf removeFramework" through a policy, but the Jamf Pro Built-i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMWare Horizon 5.0

I have upgraded to 5.0 on my computer, but can't find it anywhere downloadable on the web so I can upgrade my deploy.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time Machine and Secure Token

I'm a little confused at a situation I just dealt with restoring a computer from a Time Machine backup. The Time Machine backup was 10.14.3 and the new computer is 10.14.3. We started with a brand new computer.1. Booted to recovery and chose the opti...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors