Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Backup script error 5014

Dear mates. I created a backup script that should rsync all local user home folder with exceptions (exception file in /etc/rsync) to the smb network share of this user (subfolder: Backup). However, I get this error message in the log:Script result: 0...  View more

84d26d87bc7b439da2bbe1cffd32f542
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

WIFI assistance

Hello! This might be covered in another form as I am new to the community, But Wanted to bounce this off everyone to see if anyone else has had this issue and how to work around it. I have a computer lab that is hard wired for network, and found stud...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Installation Issue

After going through the jamf Installation and Configuration Guide and installing everything, the last step is to connect to https://127.0.0.1:8443. However, when I do this I just get a blank white page and not the Quick Start that I should. I've stop...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Mail App removed

I'm trying to find what is removing/hiding the default Mail app from our devices, this is not effecting all of our devices just ones in a set of Smart groups. The devices are enrolled to JAMF via an enrolment profile that is installed via Configurato...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer 10 freezes

I just bought Composer literally 10 minutes ago, downloaded it and ran it for the first time on a clean mac on macOS 10.13.6, but it goes into spinning a beachball immediately after launch. Won't allow me to do anything, I have to force quit it. What...  View more

f9b56437068c4a68b9a260395c689366
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cleanup JSS Server

Hi, We are planning to cleanup( delete policies, Config profiles, Packages and etc) everything from JAMF Dev environment and starts as a new. Could anyone please help us if is there any simple solutions. Thanks in advance. Regards,Sathish  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Centralized/shared Home Directories?

Our department came from the Unix workstation world, where user home directories shared from a central NFS file server was common. We moved that architecture to MacOS: our users could login to any of our desktop Macs, personal office or lab, and be r...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adding Printers in JAMF

I have been working on assigning printers to different departments within our organization. We already have a windows print server so by manually adding the printers by Printers and Scanners --> + --> IP --> and using the LPD protocol works. However,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Update 2019-001 & Build Version

If applying Security Update 2019-001 does that change the build version of the OS? Im currently blocking FaceTime on all machines but I would like to allow people who have installed the security update to use FaceTime again. Im running in circles try...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting default applications?

I need methods to set lab systems to use The Unarchiver for unzipping and Google Chrome for the default browser. I've searched through here and find references to com.apple.launchservices and duti and I keep coming up empty. I both can't seem to find...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors in my Jamf Pro Dev Environment

Hey All, I have a Jamf Pro dev environment. We are wokring on out MySQL 8 / Memcached setup. Everything is working well, but we are getting the following error pretty consistently in our logs: 2019-03-14 20:24:42,207 [ERROR] [Tomcat-28 ] [BatchingBat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Services - General Data Usage

Hello! We recently replaced close to 100 iPad Mini 2 with iPad Mini 4. (Seemingly) since we did this, our cellular data usage has gone up dramatically. I've looked at a few of the iPads and found high data consumption classified as "General" in Setti...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

External CA and Management Cert Renewals

Is anyone using an External CA for their management/MDM certificates, but with a shorter than usual lifespan? Our standard cert lifespan is 2 years but our devices are expected to operate for 3, which means I have to deal with a renewal at some point...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

removing Jamf Pro Built-in CA

I'm in the process of migrating users from a company we just purchased to our JAMF instance... i can remove the MDM profiles using using the command: "sudo jamf removeMdmProfile && sudo jamf removeFramework" through a policy, but the Jamf Pro Built-i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2019 Super Early Bird Rate Expiring

Hello Jamf Nation! As a reminder, this is your last chance to secure your 2019 Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) tickets at the Super Early Bird rate of $799 ($699 for education). You can purchase your ticket at a discounted rate now through Wednesd...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Script Extension Attribute via API?

Hello, I'm tying to batch create new Extension Attributes via API using curl. I got my xml template by pulling down an EA by GETting an EA by ID and running through xmllint. I'm very new to using API calls. Hopefully someone can see what is going on ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect/Login user migration

I'm working with a customer and they want to use Jamf Login/Connect. I got this all deployed and setup. The issue I see is since this creates a new user account on their Mac what can we do with the old account data. They want all the data that was on...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS Updates with Deferral

I was using the clunky JAMF built in solution for ASU deferrals and it was working fine.It recently broke (verified by JAMF support) and now I'm looking for a new solution.I need a week long Apple software update deferral that repeats with no forced ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Profiles - How do YOU scope them?

So at the moment I scope to all computers for any PPPC profiles. What I want to do is find a method to scope them only to those that install the relevant software. IE VMware Fusion needs Accessibility access so I want to scope the PPPC to those with ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileShare distribution point error

I've set up a Jamf Test Server on a mac mini and I'm also setting up the File Distribution point on the same mac mini. I've created a read & write account and created a share and given access it to the read and write accounts. When I go in the JSS an...  View more

bfa172ddca6e4cd28d21d3d552c6ea96 3a8efaebea36451b956e8c1b2152cac6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF PRO 10 test server installation

I've just installed JAMF PRO 10 as a test on one of the Mac minis and I've followed all the instructions but how do I access the JSS? I ran the JAMF PRO installer.pkg and no browser opened up for me to in put the activation code. Also do I need to cr...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS VPP apps and updates

Microsoft Office is my first experience with VPP. It doesn't look like the end user can manually update the apps, instead it appears that the updates have to come from Jamf (either through update automatically, or clicking force update). Both of the ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 2 kudos

Mac OSX 10.14.3 File-Scan Exclusion Lists

Hi everyone, I have noticed that System Integrity Protection stocks the Symantec Endpoint Protection program from scanning certain files on the system. /Spotlight-V100/* For example, and some user account db files. I'm looking to clean up this consol...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors