Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

JAMF Remote Screen Sharing

The screen sharing functionality of JAMF Remote is unreliable and I really hate it. I was just screen sharing with someone. She had to restart. When she logged back in, I tried to reconnect and it just hangs on Starting Screen Sharing. Does anyone kn...  View more

5f4a84d2460a4f1db7aca8ff84511191
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf patch management

When I create a definition and a patch policy and it keeps returning unknown version how do I fix that. The Mac is in a patch loop at this point. Do I need sudo jamf recon or a new extension attribute?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you manage Power?

I know the Energy Saver Configuration Profile does not have the same options as PMSET but how do you manage Energy Settings then? Is there a way to use PMSET as a Cnnfiguration Profile?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC issue - Jamf Agent

I have a issue with PPPC I cannot get rid ofIn my enrollment process I have a script that prompt user for country looks like below #!/bin/bash sleep 20 # Create folder /bin/mkdir -p /Library/company /bin/chmod -R 755 /Library/company serialNumber=$( ...  View more

f9a8bea7bd7d43b6ae7a1173b7a6ea25 dda26f4fbe094e34b2635992101bc6b7
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wipe and reconfigure

I haven't been able to find any info on this scenario: We have a Mac that was fully enrolled and had policies and config profiles applied to it. Eg. Office installed, SEP installed, Filevault enabled, etc. Then what we did was: 1) Wiped the Mac with ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Custom Screensaver

I'd like to set a photo that's in a specific folder on each computer in my environment to be the screensaver, with the "classic" style. I'd also like to set it once, and then allow users to change it if they wish. I thought this would be a simple end...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Remote - Prompt for connection

Can anyone explain how I can setup that when using Jamf remote, users are being prompted to accept a connection that is incomming. Today if I try and connect to a mac by jamf remote, it just connects and the user get not any notification which of cou...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

smart groups that check for mounted volumes

Is there a way to check for a mounted volume? If its not mounted, proceed to mount it? I have a script that connects to synology NAS and it mounts a sparsebundle to /Volumes Time machine then sets that sparsebundle as a backup destination. I noticed ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect Sync has shipped!

Good afternoon Jamf Nation, We are excited to launch Jamf Connect Sync, a menu bar application that helps manage users’ Okta password with local account credentials. Details about the release are below. Please let me know if you have any questions or...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Moving to G Suite SSO

We want to move away from AD LDAP and considering G Suite SSO. Can we enable it in SAML and have students use G Suite SSO while teachers still signing into AD? Then slowly moving teachers to G Suite. What are the Pros and Cons running both or should ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Supporting Remote AD Users

I will try posting this again as I didn't get any responses last time. If I am doing something wrong, please let me know.... We are rolling out new laptops to teachers who are away from the district 3 months of the year (summer break, winter and spri...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave deployment: FV2 end user and IT admin account.

The end goal with our deployments is that the machine is encrypted, and that IT has access to the machine with or without the user present. From my understanding this means that the end user needs to have a FV2 enabled account, and the IT account als...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Disabling iCloud Pane on iOS

Is there any way to do this? I know there's an option to restrict signing in/out of iCloud but to actually disable the setting is what I'm wondering about. Thanks!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

VMware Horizon 4.10 client packaging

When my server is complete - I'll need to deploy the VMware Horizon client as an application. This doesn't have an installer with choices as AnyConnect does. It requires a server FQDN to be added in order to connect to the virtual desktop. If I remem...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Placing Database.xml outside the webapps working folder

Anyone know of any mechanism to keep the desired copy of Database.xml outside the exploded war working folder? Ideally, we'd like to just drop in the updated ROOT.war and be done with it. In practise - this mightn't always be possible (we've found th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Binding script with optional parameters

I'm trying to modify this script so that I don't have to hard code the values in it, and instead utilize the optional script parameters $4-whatever. I've looked at some of my other scripts that utilize this method and tried to import into this, ut it...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

changing login screen disclaimer via configprofile

I had to change the verbiage in our login screen config profile, the laptop shows the updated config profile under Sys Prefs --> Profiles, but when I shutdown / power on the laptop it's not displaying the changes at the FileVault login screen (retain...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to delete computer record from Terminal

Hello, I found some duplication in the inventory which looks like ghost record. It shows up in the list but never opens; and I am not able to delete it in JSS web interface. Is there any easy way to delete computer inventory record via Terminal by ID...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf command not found

Does anyone know why I would be getting a "Jamf command not found" when I am trying to sudo Jamf policy on a machine that has been running Jamf via DEP?  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config profiles disappearing?

Has anyone seen issues with config profiles just randomly disappearing from Macs?We had a machine that showed no profiles in the machine's inventory record, but under the Management tab, it did show them in scope.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleteing User Accounts (T2 Devices)

Bit of an F.Y.I... I have dep prestage enabled devices. An Active Directory Mobile Account user is granted a secure token and filevault enabled at login. When I login as admin and try to delete the user account, A box appears asking me to enter the u...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue removing configuration profiles in High Sierra

I know this is probably not best practice but it has been working for us in Sierra. We sometimes will have issues with configuration profiles not updating for whatever reason and previously we were able to remove or rename the ConfigurationProfile fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD Install

After watching the JNUC presentation, I am trying to kill imaging and AD binding here too. I am a little out of my comfort zone because I'm not good with scripts unless they are straight copy and paste! I am using DEP to enroll and NoMAD Login to cre...  View more

6e7a71dc291444fdaa0469ebf78a5013
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors