Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Guest Use Login Picture

Are there any Policies or Config Profiles that will allow me to set the login window pictures for Guest, Other, Root, etc? If not, is this doable via script?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow end-user to input file/folder path as variable

Hi all,I'm trying to allow end-users to modify permissions on shared storage because group posix permissions are changing to read-only when they are copying/moving files/folder (preventing write permissions for the group). I'm trying to create a work...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect Verify for Azure

Hi all, Just testing Jamf Connect Verify for Azure to see how its works. Struggling with obtaining some of the information required: I can get the Application ID by creating a new application registration in Azure, unsure where i get the other inform...  View more

717d5ca4e833423cb58c21cf5fae104b
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil does not change all homes

So as part of our enrollment process, we change the dock using dockutil. With our DEP machines, we also "Create an additional local administrator account" (UID 501) However, if I log out of the account that a typical employee would create/use (UID 50...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Utility question

Any idea what would cause an app to not be recognized by the PPPC Utility? Whether I try adding with the "+" symbol or drag and drop, the utility just does not want to play nice with one of our in house apps..  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.10 Beta 2 is now available!

Hey everyone! We’re rolling out a number of new features with this beta. We recommend you test the following: Inventory PreloadA new global setting that allows a Jamf Pro administrator to upload a CSV file containing user, device purchase and locatio...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

iPads - Disable Apple iDs or best pratice

I am the Jamf Admin for a school district for about a year. Overall its not very complicated. We have over 1500 devices. My biggest issue I face on a somewhat regular basis is Apple iDs. I was not here when the district implemented Jamf and the use o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 Now in the Mac App Store -- VPP available?

Apple Announces Office 365 in the Mac App Store There doesn't seem to be any information on VPP codes other than the new Apple Business site listed in the article- which may be an Apple School Manager for Business?? I'm wondering it will be possible ...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 3 kudos

TouchID error after updates

We disable TouchID for our Macs through a configuration profile. But when an update installs for either High Sierra or Mojave, the user is presented with a dialog indicating that TouchID setup failed requiring the user to click "setup later" and then...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reissuing Wifi Profiles without disruption

We've found ourselves in a situation where to fix a problem with our 802.1x configuration we need to reissue the certificates in the payload. This particular problem doesn't prevent all our devices from connecting but it will eventually. Being the pr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.14.3 deployment issue anybody?

I am experiensing an issue deploying macOS 10.14.3 Combo Update via Self Service. Business as usual - downloaded "macOSUpdCombo10.14.3.dmg" from Apple, added "macOSUpdCombo10.14.3.pkg" to Jamf Admin, indexed, created simple policy, made installation ...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office update - Better prompt for update info

Does anyone now about an "pretty" way to prompt for office updates. I know you can add notification sliding in, but they are pretty small and users normally ignore them as all kind of stuff appears there often So if updates/installation where ready f...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to check for app and delete

Hello Nation, Im new to scripting and need help find the right path to "lookup" an app on the computer and if found to delete it. If the app is not installed to just echo back with a " app not found" Does someone here have an idea? Thanks! Marc  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Disk Encryption Policy Error

I have a policy setup that I manually add computers to scope in. Every now and then I'll run into an issue where JAMF will see the computer and enforce the policy and register it as "completed" but when I go to the Filevault settings it will show as ...  View more

4cae576a69b74bf4a4727a3048ef4609 e37d5ae03c5a4c47bd62a6d3529bc8dc 5b0fc30269ce47f2b3012f79e7242d9a b263bc612f0641689cde3e9195dc5b0a
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management for macOS

Does anyone have any experience with pushing macOS security patches via JAMF? With this week's big list of patches for macOS, it impressing a need for greater control of patches for macOS. I've been seeing some stuff about SUS, but I don't want to in...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dual Monitor Setup

Hi guys, hope you're doing well today. We have a user that has the MacBook Pro Mid 2017 and a set of dual monitors. She's having an issue with the displays not working well. She requested the monitors to be setup vertically. Kind of like a trade floo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors