Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

3rd party app for bulk-scoping apps!

Hello!I just finished creating an application that can bulk scope mobile applications. I know there is a feature request in for this feature, but until then, this 3rd party application may suffice. Please see the github README for limitations and how...  View more

9975fcc9bc344ac5a73cfdb04e5392ec
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mojave installer doesn't fully download

Hello. I have been playing around with JAMF to learn on my own and watching tutorial videos. However when playing with VPP and the mojave installer, JAMF will push the Mojave installer then only show a 22.8 MB file. I have a script which I found on J...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using AutoPKGr to upload self packaged PKGs to JAMF

We have a department that packages their own software, but doesn't (and shouldn't), have rights to upload it to JAMF. We want AutoPKGr to grab one of their packages from a folder, (create a recipe if necessary), and upload it to JAMF with the Policy/...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Enrollment Packages

Finally the ability to enroll a package within a prestage enrollment is possible! :) But I'm curious what kind of packages you guys prestage enroll. The only thing I can think of is something like DEPnotify or Splashbuddy..?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install books to iOS devices - silent install?

Hi all - I am attempting to install free Bookstore books to iOS devices but although they appear for the user, can't get them to actually install (download).I have added the books in Users>eBooks and scoped to usersI have checked the checkbox in User...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enforce password change only with NoMAD or Jamf Connect

Hey there! Quick question. I am testing NoMAD with quite a success. This is the initial test to then move to Jamf connect with Azure AD. Here is the first challenge I want to solve. Nomad works great when it comes to password sync and keychain manage...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Parental Control app - "Family Zone"

We have some parents at our school asking if they can install this app on their kids iPads. We are a 1:1 school and all our devices are supervised and managed by us. This app controls things like screen time, social media and general content filterin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 - File Sharing

Hey Everyone!! This is not a JAMF issue. However, I thought I would reach out to the experts. We are seeing the following in the logs: com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system): Caller tried to import service with same label as a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Print Drivers

Alas, I am struggling with print drivers. I am looking for one particular driver but can not find it. Does anyone have any solutions to find TOSHIBA MonoMFP-X7? I looked at the Toshiba site and do not see it.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing the password for PreStage Enrollments

I go into the "set" that I've createdOptions > Account Settings > Editand then follow the linkEdit the management account via the User-Initiated Enrollment settingsand change the password but not the account name.I run machines through the process an...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple Packages in a Single Policy

I have a policy that I just created that I intend to deploy two different dmg packages. I noticed that when you have two packages selected for distribution, you can only check the boxes for FUT and FEU for one of them and not the other. When you try ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating FileVault Encryption Keys to JAMF Pro

Hi All, I'm in the process of moving from JAMF Now to Pro. Currently have around 100 computers on JAMF Now and their FileVault key are store in the JAMF NOW Cloud. How can I migrate those recovery keys to Jamf Pro using profiles/policy script. I know...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machine needs restart before it will enroll with DEP

Hey, We currently enroll our MacOS devices via DEP. Everything works fine apart from once a machine has completed its Apple Setup the machine does not automatically enroll into our server or pull down Jamf binary. A simply restart of the machine fixe...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script not running properly.

I am trying to get a script working for Prestage Enrollment. It's supposed to pop up a window where you can enter the asset tag. Works when I use a custom trigger from the terminal, but not recurring check in or on enrollment. When run during enrollm...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yet another screensaver thread

Like other my company wants that default pictures are shown as screensavers. It is not static screensavers, but pictures are changed every now and them.On Windows side they pick them up on a network share and a azure feature then assign them. So my p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

add Email attribute Jamf - script

I have the following scripts for updating Jamf attributes. But I would like to add an also email address #!/bin/sh #! /bin/bash sudo jamf recon -endUsername $3 #Discover last logged in username lastUser=`defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.l...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secure Token with Non-Filevault machines

Has anyone seen a machine asking for Secure Token enablement with FV2 OFF? It's happening with our iMacs although FV2 is off whenever a mobile/ActiveDirectory user logs in for the first time. Thoughts??  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script a Mac App Store App

Been working on downloading macOS from the App Store using VPP. That part seems to work just fine. This way I'll have the most current macOS installer.Next, There a way to trigger a Configuration Profile from the App Store App install that has a scri...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data Retention - Employee Terminations

Hey everyone, I'm wondering what you guys are using for employee data retention. When an employee leaves the company, are you holding the laptop for x amount of time or are you capturing an image of the laptop? If you're using software to backup the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Office 365 VPP install

During our testing, we noticed the following. Excel installed via Self Service without an issue. However when we tested Word and PowerPoint as a push. It installed successfully and then created a "stub" record as well for both of these applications. ...  View more

ac36cc356e7547da84a4f32ff0f9706e
  • 91 replies
  • 4 kudos

Office 365 App Store Patching

Hello, I am new to using Jamf and Patch Management. I have installed Microsoft office, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel using a policy and Patches from Microsofts website and are already installed on Machines. Now these office applications are ava...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

missed webinars

I missed the "How to Manage Microsoft Office 2019 for Mac" webinar and a few others. Does anyone know where it's posted? Search wasn't helpful.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors