Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Screensaver for logged in user

Hello Everyone, We have a screensaver setting for the login window and it works as expected. However, a number of months ago, I attempted to find a way to control the screensaver for a logged in user so it was a DIFFERENT value from the login window....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self service Mojave Upgrade.

There is a script by jamf that allows us to upgrade to 10.13 using self service. This seems to be working for Mojave as well. I have a few issues with the Mojave install via self service. The installation freezes every now and then. Also, it doesn't ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edit Existing Configuration Profiles

So I have existing Config Profiles that were created before my time as the JAMF admin. They are outdated and need to be changed and renamed. If I update them will JAMF simply overwrite the existing or will it add a new one? If I delete a Profile does...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Join a WiFi connection in log in screen

Does anyone know of a way to join a WiFi connection before a user logs in? We have a situation in which our users travel quite frequently, so when a password reset policy has to be pushed due to a forgotten password, they are unable to pick up the po...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Chrome AuthServerWhitelist

Hello I have been using a basic script for the last year to set the Google Chrome AuthServerWhitelist. It's been working fine until recently when it has just stopped, script below. Can anyone see any issues here? Thanks, Joe currentUser=ls -l /dev/co...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exisiting Enrollments

Folks, Trying to wrap my head around this... if we have a computer causing headaches, and we remove the JAMF binary, but keep the computer record in the JSS. Why is it that when we use the QuickAdd package to reinstall, for whatever reason, the Quick...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preparing an Apple TV 4k with Apple Configurator 2

I'm trying to follow this handy article provided by Apple (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208124) to add an Apple TV to DEP via Apple Configurator 2. I'm able to pair the Apple TV then erase it, when the device comes back up Apple Configurator 2 i...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac os Enterprise Backup Solutions 2019

A lot of old posts on this subject. Seeking a solid cloud based enterprise solution for our core Mac OS servers & 2 RHEL Servers. Currently we have redundancy in distributing to another location but we want something 3rd party to rely on as well. Ide...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Securing Storing Local Users Password

Figured I could get some good feedback from my fellow jamf nation users. Our university has a student program which provides level 1 support to other students. The student agents check in personal non-university owned laptops that are having issues a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave Install through self service System Checks first

Hi All, Thank you for taking the time to read this and respond if you do so..... I am running Mojave update through self service (silently installing the package to users machines and using self service to kick off the startosinstall script.) I want ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Pushing Mojave Upgrade

Hey everyone, I am fairly new to JAMF and I am looking to create a policy to upgrade our Mac's to Mojave. By pushing a policy to upgrade to the newest OS will this break anything on old Mac's that do not support Mojave or will JAMF pick up that the O...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced packaging

Have anyone has any success of packaging FileMaker Pro with license key? I've manage to follow https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/28127/managed-installation-of-filemaker-pro-16 but when I push it to a new machine it install as a trial versi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to new company in developer list?

i want to add my product in third party products lists. i tried to add the product as a New Developer (as my company name is not showing in the developers list). But it shows the following error :Error: Only established members of the Jamf Nation Com...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How To run update inventory Hourly?

Hi guys, I hope you all are doing well today. I have a question about inventory updates. Im testing something out and I would like to have inventory updates occur at least once every hour. Have any of you ever done this?  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Lock Screen Notifications - Management

Hi All, How is everyone managing lock screen notifications in macOS Mojave? We are looking to enforce and disable lock screen notifications for specific apps such as Slack, etc. Looking for a way to grey out the option for an end user to change notif...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Content Caching Payload Bug

FYI in JAMF Pro 10.9 the new Content Caching payload Maximum Cache Size is unable to be set higher than 2 GB. Doing so will result in an error "Cache size must be 0 or greater" being displayed. JAMF support is aware of this issue and can be reference...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf cloud down

Our Jamf cloud instance (https://.jamfcloud.com/) has been down all morning following maintenance. Support is not responding. Is anyone else unable to login to their cloud instance, and does anyone have a secret email address or phone number to get i...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors