Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Windows AD, Radius Server, Jamf pro

Hello, I am trying to integrate Mac laptop into the company network, trying to bind Windows AD users directly to Mac via vpn.Now i can setup vpn first rule in order to connect the my network but my vpn certificate are user based, so user need to inst...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renew Push Cert

I am following the instructions on renewing push cert. I downloaded the signed csr from jamfnation, uploaded to Apple then uploaded the new cert into jamf pro. Jamf then posted a warning that any existing devices in JAMF would no longer receive push ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2019 email address not pre-populating

Hi, We've followed the steps here:https://www.jamf.com/blog/help-users-activate-microsoft-office-365-and-configure-outlook-in-one-click/ But when we go to launch Outlook for the first time, our email address isn't pre-populated. Any advice? Thanks in...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best trigger for self service?

We're in the middle of building a prototype MacOS build, when packages are deployed and made available in self service, they don;t reappear after the Mac is wiped and rebuilt. I also have some policies which seems to apply twice, for instance adding ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wired 802.1x User Authentication

I'm trying to setup a Config. Profile that will Authenticate a User via 802.1x before proceeding with AD authentication. I've setup the Profile with "Use as Login Window configuration" added PEAP Protocol, Added the CISCO ISE Server's name Certificat...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

where is Lock command being sent from?

Hello, I just have a quick question. If a jamf instance is locked down to our network and we need to send a lock command to a machine. My understanding is that the lock command will come from apple so the machine will lock. is that true?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

VPP not communicating with Jamf.

We purchased a bunch of licenses for Site Docs to start installing them on the phones, but after getting the confirmation they are still not available on Jamf. We have run into this before too and we are not sure what needs to be done to get that to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Centrally Manage MAC's through Cloud Softwares

Hi Guys, We are looking at introducing mac's into the workplace but we need to manage the devices centrally through a cloud platform. We have already looked at Sophos intercept for AV as this provides AV for Linux, Windows and Mac's. We need to be ab...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Automatic Update Server (2019)

Hello, Currently i have setup my own MAU Server hosted on Ubuntu with NGINX serving up updates for Office 2016. It has worked great and saved me TBs of data from going out to the web. Currently for Mojave DEP Machines I am deploying Office 2019 with ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Server Administrator & Mac Admin Job Opening

Glendale Community Collegehttps://jobs.maricopa.eduSearch for JobID 312210Position Title: Network and Systems AdministratorPayGrade :117 ( Salary Range $55,789 - $89,263) Based on Qualifications and ExperienceDescription: Lead Jamf Pro and Mac Admini...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Logic

Hi all! I am having some issues deploying Printer Logic via SS. I have tried to do as a script and have tried to do it has a package after capturing it with Composer. When someone in my test group clicks install in SS it says processing for about 5 s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect 1.2.3 General Availability

What’s New in This Release Enhancements Jamf Connect Login 1.1.3 – Added the LocalHelpFile preference key, which specifies a path to a local file that users can access by clicking “Help” button in the Jamf Connect Login Window. Bug Fixes Jamf Connect...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Getting Started Need some help with User Profile/Lab use

I need to be pointed in the right direction for getting a bunch of macs configured for lab use. I was a long time holdout of Deploy Studio. Chiefly, I have several software titles that call for prefs in the user profile. Before JAMF I would just edit...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto launch and login to Jamf Connect Sync

Hey everyone! We've recently joined the Jamf family and are working on configuring Jamf Connect and Jamf Pro. One of the first things we are trying to do is deploy Jamf Connect Login and Jamf Connect Sync. We are deploying Jamf Connect Login during t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Composer 10.11.1 Only Lists Recent Package Build

Beginning with Composer 10.11.1, we have observed that only the most recent package built is listed under "PACKAGES". Existing packages that are dragged into Composer are still listed, however, newly built packages created by Composer only lists the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

VPP and multiple MDMs

There are a lot of threads on this basically saying the same thing: separate VPP for separate MDMs. that is fine with me. i am trying to figure out how to do this however, in the context of apple business manager. We use InTune for iOS devices and Ja...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Apps showing as 0 purchased

For some reaason on our Jamf, it is showing all of our apps as 0 purchased and 0 in use but these have been working for years. has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix? I have already downloaded a new token from the VPP and I have tried to r...  View more

f63b0c2ae19548268d38f29ba00e0521
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

new MacBook Pros (MR942x) listed as iMac 21.5"

Hi, we came across quite an unusual sight in Jamf Pro 10.10. One of our customers purchased brand new MB Pro's and under the Device List in Device Enrollment Program they're all shown as Model "iMac 21.5"", DEP token was renewed. Anyone seen this bef...  View more

e850d5f7e64841c2b094e74877885239
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Changing Safari settings in 10.14.x

Hi, we need to set some Safari settings in our company. For example the homepage, new windows open with, new tabs open with and we have to change some "AutoFill"-functions. We use Mojave 10.14.4 and Safari 12.1 and JAMF 10.11.1. I have already tried:...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage to Prestage and enrollment - iPads

I am new to our organisation and to JAMF PRO, but loving it so far. I frequently move newly purchased ipads from a "catch all" prestage enrollment and over into the proper prestage enrollment for the specific site where they will be enrolled. Sometim...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Comparing Jamf Pro and WorksSpace ONE

I've been asked to provide a comparison of Jamf Pro and WS1; what can one do that the other can't, what is better on one than the other, etc. Does anyone have anything they'd like the share or someplace they can point me to get any comparisons? Thank...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors