Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Installing Mojave via Self-Service

We're using this script to install Mojave: https://github.com/kc9wwh/macOSUpgrade We're trying to set this up for use from self-service, but when running the self-service tool from a user's network account, we get prompted for admin credentials. Is t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

mobile config on policy

I've had policy per this article below and it has been working for about a year. Just a week ago, it stopped working. We didn't change anything on the jamf or packaging side. https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/18832/how-to-package-mobilecon...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Comment or Note field (not through EA or SQL Command)

Hello everybody, Please, can you tell me if it is possible, and if not, if there is a trick to add a custom comment or custom note for each computer on the JSS Web without having to go through Attribute Extensions ?Because if we use the Attribute Ext...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook - Script Is Attempting Dialog

Wondering if there was a plist value that we could set that would check the box (number 1) in this dialog for Office 2016? Already looked at the Office 2016 Prefs file on macadmins.software but nothing jumped out at me.  View more

671b6ebdbcfd4b0790fb98f67d8976e4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scheduled Restart for iPad

I saw a previous discussion that glanced over this topic. They mentioned that it would be possible using the API, but I was hoping that someone may be able to further elaborate on that. I am looking to restart my buildings iPads at a specific time ea...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD Login AD (NoLoAD) - mobile user login trouble

I've been learning about NoMAD and NoLoAD and decided to try it out today. I installed both on a MacBook running Mojave (10.14), currently bound to AD. I downloaded from: https://files.nomad.menu/NoMAD.pkghttps://files.nomad.menu/NoMAD-Login-AD.zip a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro UAPI update device name

Updating an iPad name from the Jamf Pro UI works fine. However, when you use the /uapi/inventory/obj/mobileDevice/{id}/update endpoint, it will update the name in the Jamf UI, but it will not push the changes to the iPad itself. Anyone have any exper...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crowdstrike Configuration policy keeps self deleting

I created a config profile for approved kext for crowdstrike, but after installing the profile and verifying that Crowdstrike runs properly, a few days after, the configuration profile will get deleted and macos would ask me to enable it in system pr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Policies Found for the ID 1

I am having a constant and recurring problem getting the default Update Inventory policy (ID = 1) to run. Some confusing aspects of the problem: The scope is set to all computers, and the computer, when examined in inventory, clearly shows it is a pa...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Cloud short session expiry in web browser

We use JAMF Pro hosted by JAMF in the cloud. For the last number of months we have been getting frequent short session expiry messages (time before session time out seems to vary can be logged in a for a minute or two or be good for up to 15 minutes)...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict iCloud to Corporate Accounts only

Does anyone know if there is a way to restrict iCloud usage on devices with Jamf (or Windows) to only allow a corporate domain to log into a device's iCloud? For example, I work for www.cool.com...and I have a macbookpro, but I can only log into iClo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

anyone using a pipeline to automate the upgrades?

I would like to convert this snowflake server into 'cattle', but I have been unsuccessful building a successful terraform script or container, what with the special files to preserve and the current method of generating a cert and manually loading it...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Proxy - Not connecting from Cloud JAMF server

We are new to JAMF. Our JAMF instance is on Cloud and we have Infra Manager. Firewall ports are opened to connect to Inframanager. However we are not able to query any users. If we do a test. Below is the error message. Any suggestions are appreciate...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Expo

Hi, Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere already but, is it possible to export mail rules from Outlook for Mac so that I can ultimately import them into GSuite. I know there isn't the functionality to do that from the UI, but is there a script ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exporting Outlook Mail rules

Hi, Does anyone know how to export mail rules from Outlook for Mac at all? Is there a way to do this? I'm using Outlook for Mac v16 and on OS Mojave 10.14.2 I need this in an attempt to import the rules into G Suite Thanks in advance, Djuronimo  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS root directory

I am setting up a new NetSUS server just for our last round of net installs as we move to 10.14.x this summer, then to a full DEP workflow. I am looking at the config for apache2 in ubuntu (I am not using the appliance) and it defaults to the base ur...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS updates installed, 5 mins force reboot

Hi All, Our Macs all reboot when a new MacOS patch comes out. We've had JAMF pro for over a year and I don't think this started till 10.14.1. Our users get a pop up saying 'Updates were installed and the system needs to reboot in 5 minutes'. Oddly en...  View more

7685815cdba949d58cc013b9124d19a8 b4a27fab98da4d69af5a748088a7a85e
  • 34 replies
  • 4 kudos

Configure SMTP Server in Jamf Cloud-Need Cloud IP ?

I'm new to Jamf and feeling my way around this. I am trying to add a SMTP server in the settings area of my companies cloud instance. I have reached out to my company Infrastructure Team who tell me I need to provide the IP address of the sending mac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a trick to getting EAs to work?

I am just getting started with EAs for computers, and I have one that I want to use, it is the following script; **#!/bin/shfmmToken=$(/usr/sbin/nvram -x -p | /usr/bin/grep fmm-mobileme-token-FMM) if [ -z "$fmmToken" ];then echo "Disabled"else echo "...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF API finding Unmanaged Mobile Device Apps

I am attempting to pull the "Management Status" of the apps installed on Mobile Devices in JAMF thru the classic API. I'd like to make a list of ipads and the apps installed on them that are in an Unmanaged status. Looping thru with the mobile device...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBooks in Mac lab (with no Apple ID prompt)?

Does anyone know off-hand if it is possible to deploy free iBooks to macOS without prompting the user for their Apple ID? This particular Mac lab is a shared user environment, so we'd like to avoid Apple IDs being used with any features of the OS. Al...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2019 First Bird Rate Expiring

Hey Jamf Nation,This is your last chance to secure your 2019 Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) tickets at the First Bird rate of $699 ($599 for education). Purchase your ticket at this discounted rate through Wednesday, January 23. Why attend JNUC 2...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Enrollment Problems

Yesterday I successfully enrolled one DEP Mac. One. Every other attempt and the machine fails to connect to the MDM.I have an open case and have been fighting with network security for months. Just reaching out to the community to see if others are e...  View more

05cf50c75fb14aa2bb6f38dcd6c4bf6f
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors