Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Where to find cocoadialog ?

Hi everybody, I would like to know if it is possible to find the latest available version of Cocoadialog?If so, please, where will I find it ?Is it compatible with Mojave (10.14) ? Finally, do you recommend Pashua or Cocoadialog ? Thanks for your hel...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Profile Default Icon

Does anyone know how to change a users picture to a picture I have added to the User Pictures. All the current terminal command lines don't work. (IE Mojave)I would like to set a default for all users. I have looked for prefrences.plist and still hav...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

TouchID and Watch unlocking

Just want to hear additional comments as to why corporations prefer to disable within Jamf TouchID and Apple Watch to unlock Macs. I can understand the watch which prefers one to sign into iCloud, but why disable TouchID? Thanks  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Approved Kernel Extensions still asking to be allowed

Hi, I have written a Configuration Profile to allow the Sophos KEXT to be allowed. I am no longer asked to allow it manually after I reboot, but the allow button is still showing in Security and Privacy, is this correct? The user is verified in the P...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 2 kudos

Upgrade for macOS High Sierra

Hi All I am trying to follow a guide that should allow me to upgrade to macOS 10.13.3 I'm having issues getting past the initial phase. When i wrap the 10.13.3 into a DMG it places the the app into applications folder but does not recognise the app a...  View more

4a147bad8d124e7295458a59ac38855b 0dd8b0e6513f4af1ad3c12655caca7e3 e9c0e9e32a054689be2c3592b874910f
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Categorizing links in Self Service

I'm working to make a set of web links available to users through the Self Service macOS app. The links must be categorized within Self Service and open in Chrome (not Self Service). Any suggestions are appreciated! Here's what I've tried so far: Opt...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 5.0 and SSL

Good Afternoon,We're in the process of deploying a new NetSUS server. I'm needing to upload a cert that I've obtained from GlobalSign. On the NetSUS GUI from Settings >System > Certificates > Modify Cert I see:1. Private Key - Simple enough, copy/pas...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC for CyberArk

Hi all, I'm testing out Mojave 10.14.2 in our corp environment.Jamf Pro: 10.8.0 I've tried the PPPC utility to created the config profile for it.I even created a config profile to white list its kernel extension.I then deployed the profile and the Cy...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

AD CS Certificate Expiration/Renewal - Mobile Devices

Hi all, We're looking to roll out certificate-based wireless to our mobile devices with the AD CS connector (tested and working in our dev and prod environments). Our concern right now is whether or not the AD CS connector, or JAMF itself, will autom...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Utility and Custom App created with Platypus

There is a handy program called Platypus that takes scripts (bash, perl, etc) and converts it into a working .app I have a bash script I wrote, imported into Platypus, and created an .app file. I've downloaded the PPPC Utility and attempted to import...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

Onedrive

Hi, This has probably been asked before but I thought of asking. In my environment we have OneDrive which is on the end users machine but hardly used in 85% of the time.So we need to know if there is a way for it create a OneDrive folder to get it co...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 1 kudos

New created accounts policy script

Hi all, Wondering if some of you good wise folk could give some advise on a script i'm trying to run. I'll firstly explain what i'm trying to achieve. When we login via NoLoad i have EnableFDE on, which is fine but the users don't get a securetoken. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Itunes on ipad

after pulling up students history we noticed that itunes was running for a long period of time, students are not supposed to have access to itunes. Does it run in the back ground on ipads? or does it run other apps? Just want to make sure students ar...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

IPad updates.

Hello, We have about ten ipads and I am trying to figure out a way to update them without having to manually go to the iPad after the update. The iPads are in single app mode. The software we are running is called "Team" its for calendar integration,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display username on lockscreen or background?

Hi We will start using jamf very soon and i wonder if it's possible to do the following. On the Ipad display the students full name or username on the lockscreen or the background/wallpapper if the ipad? Username is created in Active Directory/Azure,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Apple Configurator Default Supervision Profile

I'm new to apple configurator 2. When I set a phone for supervision, the default profile being applied is called "USB Accessories while locked allowed". Does anyone know how to change that? I'm supervising and then using open enrollment via jamf now....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.14.2 FileVault Issue *Enabling other users*

We had a few computers comes from Apple already upgraded to 10.14. The Issue I'm running into is that we can enable FileVault to one user but unable to add it to the administrator which becomes a bigger problem down the road. Also noticed even though...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels is bought by Corel...

Parallels app for running Windows on a Mac gets new owner "Parallels Desktop is now owned by Corel, which hopefully be for the good of users." - Cult of Mac Like rats on a sinking ship...all their real talent bolted long ago... Heloooo VMWare Fusion ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Serial Numbers to Apple DEP

Hi everyone, hope you all are well. I have a question for you guys. I would like to add all of our computers to DEP. I generated all of the serial numbers in Jamf. I tried pasting them in the apple business device assignments. I get an error stating ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

best way to manage the printer server

Hi Guys, what kind of printer management do you guys use for your environment? We still manually install the driver and configure it with the printer. I am thinking of using either 1 Man Mini Printer Network Sharing or 2. Windows Print Server. Please...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable macOS Screenshots

Hello everyone! We are currently in the process of updating our CA Secure Browsers for the upcoming standardized testing. It looks like the new requirement for the year is disabling screen shotting abilities. Has anybody done this? I'm not sure if it...  View more

65c28b95fea945b6ab025418ef717164
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Using Sites with Apple Business Manager.

Hello. My organization is very new to using Apple Business Manager. We have 3 site locations defined within our single JSS. In an attempt to ease imaging, I'm curious what workflow other organizations are using to set computers into specific sites wh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Maple 2018.2

Does anyone have a recommended workflow for repackaging Maple 2018, using Composer or similar? Preferably for a networked license server.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors