Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Re-enrolling Computers

Whenever I re-enroll a computer, I remove it from Jamf. Is there a way to get Jamf to auto remove the computer? If i dont remove the computer, it wont receive new profiles and policies. Jamf thinks its the same computer and wont make any changes. I r...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Deployment via a PreStage Enrollment

This item made me excited in the JAMF Pro 10.9 release notes: You can now add a package to a computer PreStage enrollment. This allows you to deploy the package to computers with macOS 10.14 or later during enrollment with Jamf Pro. The package is in...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 2 kudos

Cant enroll machine with DEP.

I have a machine enrolled into Apple School Manager connected to Jamf. The technician that setup the machine didnt have network connectivity during the setup and the DEP enrollment got skipped, so it was setup manually. When the machine logged in for...  View more

f1b2248f96cb40a2a1e4d6f84db7756f 4c089a6fbb4f4b64935ee09e892d00c0
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What are others (Higher Ed) doing in Jamf

Greetings,Just a general post, wondering what others, specifically in Higher Ed, are doing in Jamf? I'll go over what I am doing in case it interests anyone. Provisioning, taking advantage of DEP. Mac comes in the door, IT opens, turns on, starts the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad Environment

Getting ready to do a pilot with Apple School Manager and shared iPads. I am getting this error, though, when pushing the student WiFi profile to the shared devices: The payload type “com.apple.profileRemovalPassword” is not permitted in multi-user m...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf > Intune Integration

Hi all, Has anyone got this working correctly? in terms of the Intune piece? We are enrolling into Jamf, then registering into Intune just fine. However our Mac's are not pushing across inventory from Jamf into Intune, in turn we are seeing that devi...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 2 kudos

Mac Lock and background imaging

Hi All, Im looking for a way to seporate the mac Lock screen and background imaging ...Every time is looking into it .. I end up wit the same image for both... I have gone throught all the steps that includes /Library/Caches.. and still no luck.. Any...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PHP, uapi, and POST - Help!

I can successfully call get api in the uapi, but have yet to get a post to work... any ideas out there? $curl = new Curl();// we successfully get our token // testing code$curl->setHeader('authorization','jamf-token '.$token);$curl->setHeader('accept...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.9 - Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Good morning, Jamf Nation, We're excited to launch the latest version of the Jamf Pro 10 series - Jamf Pro 10.9 - today. Details about the release and a cloud upgrade schedule are below. My inbox is always open. Let me know if you have any questions ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Delete shortcut from all users desktops

I ran a script that included: sudo rm ~/desktop/"skoolbo" It worked on 4 our of 5 of my test machines so I assumed that the command was correct, but I keep getting: Script result: rm: /var/root/desktop/skoolbo: No such file or directory Why did the c...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfAgent would like to administer your computer...

I'm getting this message on 10.14 Macs even though the Privacy Preferences Policy Control profile is installed. Anyone got any ideas as to why it keeps popping up despite the Privacy Policy profile is installed? I also have the JamfAppleEvents.mobile...  View more

fd487feeaeb04a568e74bfa512d90280
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Custom Screen Savers

I have had the "first glance" request to deploy a custom screen saver of University approved images to the Mac labs on campus. At first glance, the request is just to display the images, but I would believe this will change since we can manage the sc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Exclusions Not Working

We've noticed that when new computers join a smart or static group that is scoped to be excluded from a configuration profile the profile is not removed automatically. We have to go to the configuration profile, click the edit button and immediately ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migration of JSS to new Servers

Good Afternoon Nation I will be working on moving our JSS from MacOS to Windows Server 2016.We have two data centers, so I wanted to put one server in each and also have one in our DMZ. (Technically one data center would host 2 servers). Currently we...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

App/Website to Create Config Profiles?

Hi All,This is probably a silly question - but I'm curious as to what others do. How do you all create your custom 3rd party app config profiles? Are you just writing the XML straight? Using an app or web app? I find that MOST of the profiles I need ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Notify - Automation

Hey guys, hope you're having a good day/night. I worked on automating the setup of our laptops at my job. Currently I have policy that has a script that calls other polices to run in order. This runs right after enrollment is complete. Those policies...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf changePassword

Hi. I'm reasonably new to JAMF, having been working with it for about 6 months now. I have a client company who would like to implement some password changes through a Jamf policy. Using jamf help, I see that the verb "changePassword" is an option - ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

User Self Enrollment Issue

Recently been having an issue where it not letting me create enrollment invitations for people to self-enroll themself is anyone experiencing the same issue or have a fix to this we are using Jamf Cloud  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors