Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

AD Application Password lost on Upgrade

I have recently been testing High Sierra upgrades on some of our old OSx devices and have run into an issue that others have apparently seen in the past. https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/14864/lost-connection-to-active-directory Our syste...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO Safari doesn't work

Hello We enabled yesterday on Azure SSO. So now we have the problem that doesn't work with Safari. But with chrome is everthing fine. Have anyone a idea?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Patch Managment

Why is everything in the Jamf UI so frustrating and not consistent? So i wanted to do some things with Patch Management, mainly see what version of an app we have in the environment. So a few weeks ago i made some Patch Management policies to just re...  View more

b05cc2def8f549a08942d533306ae933
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP - wrong Apple ID

As Company we have a VPP account where added Keynote, Pages etc All of our mac´s also have this software, but installed with a old apple ID. So if place VPP software in self service, they cannot be installed as they already are on the mac(but an old ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 10.8 and iBeacons

Hi there,i got a problem with iBeacons and Jamf 10.8.My iPads do not enter (or recognize) any iBeacon Region.It looks like SelfService did not recognized the iBeacon or do not inform the Jamf. In former Versions of Jamf i got some Problem with exitin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Avast Shield definitions

Good Morning! I just wanted to ask if anyone had success pushing out the free Avast Antivirus with customised definitions? I can't find out where the saved preferences are to push out (I.E File settings, Browser settings, etc...)  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to sync Filevault 2 and Active directory passwords

Im hoping to make a Self Service script with OSAscript callouts/dialogs to make it easier for users to sync their FV2 and AD passwords. the script successfully passes the value of the "shortname" to the first command but the add command has 2-3 pop-u...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disconnect VNC user

Using the built in VNC server, we have users who connect to macs and sometimes forget to disconnect. I would love to have a way to manually kick off any connected VNC connection. I know you can do this with RealVNC, but I cant find a way to do it wit...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Auto Update Magic (or something similar)

We've got policies called "Install Latest " that use smart computer groups like "-update-smart" and I think they're from Auto Update Magic but disabling the policies doesn't stop them from being re-enabled. I couldn't see any instructions on stopping...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 enabled on users without secure token

Hey there all! Apologies for another topic about secure tokens. I really didn't see many comments about the situation I am currently in. From the multiple articles I have read about secure tokens, including comments from this derflounder post, it app...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Recovery Partition not being reported?

Hello all! Newbie here and I am tackling the recovery partitions with High Sierra and Mojave. I have a question. I have Macintoshes running High Sierra and Mojave and when I do the diskutil list, it shows all of them having a recovery partition, with...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud Implementation best practice

Hi everyone I have a potential new role starting asap. As someone with moderate Jamf experience and CCA certified back in 2014 I've been tasked with implementing Jamf for a large company. I think this may be out of my experience as I have only worked...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switching from an App Store app to an In-House

Morning Jamf Nation, A developer has provided an app for our organisation that is an update from a current App Store version. I'm looking to install the new version as an In-House app instead of the current VPP App Store deployment - is there a way o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

End of Public Updates of Java SE 8

With the recent announcement from Oracle that updates to Java 8 will require a paid subscription, are there any plans from JAMF to support running the JamfSoftware server from a newer version of Java which can be supported for free?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud on iOS inadvertently disabled

I'm currently running into an issue where iOS devices in a certain group will allow iCloud login on the setup screen, but it is greyed out in Settings thereafter. It seems likely that a configuration profile is to blame, but I haven't been able to fi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf cloud and Log management

Hi. We have Jamf cloud and would like to have all logs send to our own log management system, is this possible, and if so where do we set this up, Our log management system support various format but we prefer syslog format. Michael K.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and Jamf Pro

We're part of the campus DEP but we're only one of two groups using JAMF. When we boot the laptop, it gets to the point where it claims the campus DEPcan configure the machine and when we click "Learn more" it shows our contact infoso we know it is t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

eBooks (iBooks) and Jamf process

Had my first teacher request an iBook distribution to her class. Since we have not done this to this point, wondering what the best way of going about this is. We have classes setup (Infinite Campus > Apple School Manager > Jamf)So, all students have...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

5GB size of DB

Hello, we have 2000 iPads being managed and our database size is almost 5GB. Is this too big for the number of the iPads that we manage? Thanks  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1X Wifi Configuration Profile No Certificate

Hello, Traditionally our iOS devices that are managed by Jamf use a wifi configuration profile that contains the certificate that allows them to connect to our college's 802.1X EAP-PEAP network. However, I have noticed that if the certificate is take...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

SQL query for DEP-assigned, Un-enrolled Devices

With thanks to @ted.johnsen, the following SQL query will output a .CSV of all DEP-assigned, un-enrolled devices. SELECT serial_number, description, server_name, FROM_UNIXTIME(substring(device_assigned_date_epoch,1,10)) AS 'Date_Assigned' FROM device...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors