Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Extension Attribute Help

I am trying to use a script I found on another thread as an extension attribute to list all admin accounts on my laptops, excluding root and our main local admin account. I can run the script successfully on an idividual computer, but when I use it a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Assignment Question

Hey folks. I'm running into a strange situation in our Jamf install (10.7), whereby some devices assigned to specific staff members are now re-assigning themselves to the person that logs in to the device last. This is causing slight havoc when our f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-signed software - temporary allow installation

In our Enviroment users are local macadmins, but are not allowed to install non signed software, to minimize chances for malware softwareSome users have the need to be able to install non-signed software, so wondering if there exist somekind of tool ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac choice program Implementation

Hi, I was checking out the prevention IBM gave at this years Jamf event and was wondering if anyone had implemented or trying to implement the IBM Mac Choice Programs?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UjEzQ-GlzY I would like to implement something lik...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install macOS Mojave - Self Service fails to quit

For testing Mojave mac refresh, i have 2 policies in Self Service. The first download the installer to /Applications. The second policy runs "/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" --eraseinstall --newvolumename "Ma...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Network Time Servers and macOS Mojave

With the release of macOS Mojave the command I was using to set the system clocks of our Mac lab systems stopped working. Here is the old command: ntpdate -bvs time-a.nist.gov And here are three examples of the new command: Apple's time server sudo s...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thunderbolt Docks

Hello Currently looking into creating a "desk for everyone" in our organisation. which will mean regardless of device (Mac or Windows) you can charge the device and connect to the two screens on the desk. At the moment we use Kensington USB 3 docks, ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

SafeSearch Google Chrome iPad

Currently I'm using the "Content Filter" payload for iPad devices and have it set to "Limit Adult Content" This is great for Safari but does not work on Google Chrome App. Is it possible to create a custom config profile that enforces safe search for...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Troubleshooting Kernel Panic Crashing Issues

Does anyone have a recommendation on the best way to troubleshoot machines crashing/kernel panics during logon? Any specific logs you recommend to check? I have a couple of users, whose machines are crashing during logon and I suspect it could be a s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad Setup and iCloud Drive

Does anyone have any information on how Shared iPad mode works with iCloud. I was under the impression that work and projects are synced to iCloud so that user can sign into a different iPad and carry on with their work. I'm finding the Photos (galle...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

MacBooks becoming unmanaged

I have 2 recently enrolled MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) that are enrolled via PreStage. They are enrolled in my JSS about 3 weeks ago. Last week one of them is listed as "Unmanaged", and today the other one is also showing up as "Unmanaged" Anyone see...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Citrix Workspace has NOT been updated.

recently you put messages on this page: Citrix workspace has been updated to 18.10.Today I saw the message: Citrix Workspace has been updated to 18.11 However if I go to the Citrix download page the Mac-version is still 18.9. Where did you find these...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone using Lightspeed Relay for Mac OS?

I am looking at using Lightspeed Systems Relay on our student laptops. We use a SonicWall firewall on campus. I am hoping to use Relay to provide content filtering when off-campus. I also like the reporting tools. I am curious who has deployed it on ...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parental Control notifications

Does anyone have a script that disables the notifications from parental controls? I don't wanna change the controls, I just don't want to be notified about them.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft ADFS on mac

Our infrastructure is using adfs but is not working on mac.Anyone know How client settings should be on mac to get this working ?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machines Name Increments

Hey Everyone! I'm hoping someone has a solution or script we can deploy to our fleet of machines. Our macOS users are provided a Startech Thunderbolt 3 docks; when the users disconnect from the dock, a naming conflict is instantaneous. We have priori...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

convention computer naming base on serial number policy

I've been looking for a scrip pick up the machine serial number and change the machine name, local host name and host name to our normal naming convention base of the serial number. Example: Machine serial number: W1234567890JH; change host, local an...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Admin user can operate as any logged in user.

I noticed below today. I'm guessing this has been this way for a long time, and the community just accepts it? Does anyone know of a way to mitigate this? If a user has the screen locked, any admin account can unlock the screen and have full access t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with JIM does not work

Problem with JIM does not work with Web App. It turns out that it does not work since I installed a signed public certificate from my Web App (Jamf Pro) I publish everything from an environment in Amazon Web Services. Have some idea of how I can solv...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute - Primary User

Hey All, I'm looking to create an extension attribute that emulates the "Primary User" functionality that is available in ZENworks or SCCM. ZENworks and/or SCCM do this based on the user that has had the most console time. I found the following post ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office versioning shenanigans

The Get Info window on all the Office 2016 (16.16.4) all say 16.16.4 and the About... windows all say 16.16.4, so I built a smart group based on that like I always have. I discovered that the smart group didn't find any applicable installations even ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors