Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Parental Control notifications

Does anyone have a script that disables the notifications from parental controls? I don't wanna change the controls, I just don't want to be notified about them.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft ADFS on mac

Our infrastructure is using adfs but is not working on mac.Anyone know How client settings should be on mac to get this working ?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machines Name Increments

Hey Everyone! I'm hoping someone has a solution or script we can deploy to our fleet of machines. Our macOS users are provided a Startech Thunderbolt 3 docks; when the users disconnect from the dock, a naming conflict is instantaneous. We have priori...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

convention computer naming base on serial number policy

I've been looking for a scrip pick up the machine serial number and change the machine name, local host name and host name to our normal naming convention base of the serial number. Example: Machine serial number: W1234567890JH; change host, local an...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Admin user can operate as any logged in user.

I noticed below today. I'm guessing this has been this way for a long time, and the community just accepts it? Does anyone know of a way to mitigate this? If a user has the screen locked, any admin account can unlock the screen and have full access t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with JIM does not work

Problem with JIM does not work with Web App. It turns out that it does not work since I installed a signed public certificate from my Web App (Jamf Pro) I publish everything from an environment in Amazon Web Services. Have some idea of how I can solv...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute - Primary User

Hey All, I'm looking to create an extension attribute that emulates the "Primary User" functionality that is available in ZENworks or SCCM. ZENworks and/or SCCM do this based on the user that has had the most console time. I found the following post ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office versioning shenanigans

The Get Info window on all the Office 2016 (16.16.4) all say 16.16.4 and the About... windows all say 16.16.4, so I built a smart group based on that like I always have. I discovered that the smart group didn't find any applicable installations even ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User initiated enrollment - start with Mojave upgrade

Does any has setup user initiated enrollment on existing mac´s to start with upgrade to Mojave What I would like to setup is that Mac´s that is not yet Jamf Enrolled, to start to check if upgrade to Mojave. I can of course do a smart group on this. S...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer as Guest User

I would like to install and configure Chrome Canary, with BlockSite extension, and a few bookmarks and pre-opened tabs for the Guest User. My plan was to user Composer's New & Improved snapshot to install and configure all the settings as I would lik...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Verify Firmware Password Extension Attribute

I need help with creating an Extension Attribute that will verify that the Firmware Password is set to what it should be set to. firmwarepasswd -verify will return "Correct" or "Incorrect" on the local machine when the password is provided. I need to...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Self Service 10.7.1 crashing frequently

We have been using Self Service for a little while now and it has been working well. Since upgrading to Jamf 10.7.1 the Self Service app seems to be crashing often. I am only talking about MacOS and version 10.11-10.13 (although it may be only on 10....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom - Macbook with Mojave - EDU profile?

So I have Macbook's converting over to Mojave and teachers are very excited about putting Classroom on them. What triggers the connection between ASM and Classroom on Macbooks? We use Classroom on the iPad and I see the EDU profile on those devices a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single Sign-On payload

Ok, let's see if someone can guide me in the right direction or help with understanding how this payload works.from very little info that's available in JAMF documentation or Apple this payload supposed to help with applications or sites that use SSO...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self Service iOS app taking ~ 3 mins to install

Deploying the Self Service iOS app v. 10.7.0 and running JSS version 10.8.0-t1539715549 - cloud hosted. All config profiles go through on the device, and then three minutes later Self Service installs. When looking in Management at first I'm seeing t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Tomcat Version Update

Hey folks. So we're running an Ubuntu version 14.04 server here as our web front-end for Jamf, with Jamf version 10.7 recently installed. However, I have just noticed that our version of Tomcat is still 8.0, rather than the 8.5 listed in the Jamf doc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keynote, Pages etc wrong Apple ID

In our old image setup we had the apple software like Keynote, Pages etc installed Now as we want to enroll our existing macs to jamf, we want to upgrade to the newest version of these applications. Is there any easy way this can be done through VPP,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certificate payload

Hi, We are using AD directory certificate through configuration profile. After pushing it to client, certificate common name is like noname.domain name, but it should be like computername.domain name. Where we can add common name which will reflect i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Naming of computers using DEP

Hey everyone, Im a DEP noob so please forgive me. I have just started doing our staff and student computers via DEP and presage enrollments but i have no idea on how i should be naming these computers or even how to differentiate between staff and st...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Wonkiness

I created a policy to roll out school printer definitions to all the computers in the school. I used Jamf Admin on my computer to build the printer profiles for Jamf online. On my computer, those printers use drivers that are specific to the printers...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quickadd package - Mojave upgrade

In my enrollment process I have one policy that upgrades to Mojave(actually the last one)I don´t want any user notification so I have just added the parameters --agreetolicense -nouserinteraction to the installation. But the problem is that Mojave wa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run policy between certain hours

I was wondering if anyone had/has success with setting policies to run between specific hours. See example of what I mean in this screen shot: Basically, I want the policy to run once a day between 5 am and 7 am. Does this work this way? Or is there ...  View more

ce9db40cdcb746bb9fe60b0cc468be50
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Updates - Basics

Hey again folks. Apologies, but yet another basic question. We recently retired the Jamf NetSUS server in our environment, and before we go down the route of building a new one, we wanted to trial just allowing the Macs to go out to Apple and pull do...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors