Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Apple Classroom - Macbook with Mojave - EDU profile?

So I have Macbook's converting over to Mojave and teachers are very excited about putting Classroom on them. What triggers the connection between ASM and Classroom on Macbooks? We use Classroom on the iPad and I see the EDU profile on those devices a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single Sign-On payload

Ok, let's see if someone can guide me in the right direction or help with understanding how this payload works.from very little info that's available in JAMF documentation or Apple this payload supposed to help with applications or sites that use SSO...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self Service iOS app taking ~ 3 mins to install

Deploying the Self Service iOS app v. 10.7.0 and running JSS version 10.8.0-t1539715549 - cloud hosted. All config profiles go through on the device, and then three minutes later Self Service installs. When looking in Management at first I'm seeing t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Tomcat Version Update

Hey folks. So we're running an Ubuntu version 14.04 server here as our web front-end for Jamf, with Jamf version 10.7 recently installed. However, I have just noticed that our version of Tomcat is still 8.0, rather than the 8.5 listed in the Jamf doc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keynote, Pages etc wrong Apple ID

In our old image setup we had the apple software like Keynote, Pages etc installed Now as we want to enroll our existing macs to jamf, we want to upgrade to the newest version of these applications. Is there any easy way this can be done through VPP,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certificate payload

Hi, We are using AD directory certificate through configuration profile. After pushing it to client, certificate common name is like noname.domain name, but it should be like computername.domain name. Where we can add common name which will reflect i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Naming of computers using DEP

Hey everyone, Im a DEP noob so please forgive me. I have just started doing our staff and student computers via DEP and presage enrollments but i have no idea on how i should be naming these computers or even how to differentiate between staff and st...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Wonkiness

I created a policy to roll out school printer definitions to all the computers in the school. I used Jamf Admin on my computer to build the printer profiles for Jamf online. On my computer, those printers use drivers that are specific to the printers...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quickadd package - Mojave upgrade

In my enrollment process I have one policy that upgrades to Mojave(actually the last one)I don´t want any user notification so I have just added the parameters --agreetolicense -nouserinteraction to the installation. But the problem is that Mojave wa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run policy between certain hours

I was wondering if anyone had/has success with setting policies to run between specific hours. See example of what I mean in this screen shot: Basically, I want the policy to run once a day between 5 am and 7 am. Does this work this way? Or is there ...  View more

ce9db40cdcb746bb9fe60b0cc468be50
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Updates - Basics

Hey again folks. Apologies, but yet another basic question. We recently retired the Jamf NetSUS server in our environment, and before we go down the route of building a new one, we wanted to trial just allowing the Macs to go out to Apple and pull do...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

cloning smartgroup gets all sites computers

I manage a specific site and ever since we upgraded to Jamf Pro and I clone a smartgroup then make changes to that cloned smartgroup, the results are not just for the site i manage but now also the results include computers for all sites ??? what the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV Home Screen = blank?

Im starting to enroll ~50 Apple TVs into DEP and Jamf Pro 10.7.1. I have 1 test ATV managed in Jamf Pro now (Gen 4) running 11.4.1 - took it right out of the box and enrolled it (I assumed it would have tvOS 12 installed but apparently it doesn't not...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Privacy Preferences Policy Control Payload

So we have some users who updated to Mojave and our normal GoToAssist program has stopped working because it needs to be added via accessibility within privacy and security. Our users are not admins because the businesses that we partner with general...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

NETSus Let's Encrypt

I have migrated from my reposado server to NetSUS on Ubuntu. Wow is NetSUS easier to install, great work people.So my server is running a Let's Encrypt Certificate, Netsus has an area to enter the certificate thought the web interface, but as we all ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Auto Renewing certificates for 802.1x

Hi, Right now we are issuing computer certs per machine (Yearly) " 802.1.x "Currently, we are having a lot of issues with expiring certs. Is there a way to use JAMF for auto-enrollment of computer level certs when the certificate expires? "with" or "...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crashpad_Handler application

We are preparing for the upcoming Texas STAAR testing and I have almost everything ready to go except for one thing. I keep getting this message: You don't have permission to use the application "crashpad_handler." I would like to simply whitelist it...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Several clients stopped automatic check-in

Several of our clients have stopped checking in to Jamf and I'm at a loss as to why or how to fix it. Network connection is fine, I can manually make them check in with "jamf log", and the launch daemons seem to be running as well. For troubleshootin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policies triggered at login?

Is there any particular reason that would cause policies triggered at login to be so unreliable? I have a login script which needs to run every time a user logs in. The actual outcome can be one of the following:- The script runs perfectly- There is ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Block Rename computer

I there any smart way to prevent users from renaming the computer. They are local admins on the mac´s I can see some use login window payload, but I then also change the login experience on the computer and only want to disable the renaming option An...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Time Zone never correct and wont set.

I've opened multiple support tickets but yet to get a reasonable solution. I am setting up 30 iPads and have location services enabled as part of PreStage enrolment. Every iPad is set to Los Angeles time zone although I am in London. When I go to Set...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

WIFI Issues

Hi all, First post, so if this is already covered, please point me in the right direction as i couldn't find anything on it. Our CEO has a new macbook, running the latest JAMF 10.8 and also Mojave. His credentials sometimes save to keychain for 802.1...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors