Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

EA scripting query

Is an EA script able to output multiple lines of output? For instance, we want to display two attributes out of a plist file at /Users/loggedInUser/Library/Preferences/com.dms.echo.plist The plist file looks like this... NSNavPanelExpandedSizeFor...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you Put a Computer into a Static Group with API>

So I came across this article https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/third-party-products/files/658/jssid-list-to-static-group-using-the-api-script But I was wondering if I can pass along a curl command in a single line with a computers ID to a static grou...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 2 kudos

Apps Removing themselves

Hi Guys, sorry if this is a repost, I was unable to find a solution, or clear answer. We have these above apps, that have appeared with this error, and have removed them selves from all scoped ipads... An example,is still available, but is listed as ...  View more

a7b82bd1aa5048b4b58e86c923a75cac e78144d73ea549cb8f78bb4902086b62 d2f3fa54097142ad8da764d2225a16a8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable AirDrop from command line in Mojave?

Hi all. I'm looking for some help in how to disable AirDrop via the command line in Mojave. The plist used to do this in High Sierra doesn't seem to exist on any of my Mojave devices. I know this can be done via configuration profile but I need to kn...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why is the Startup Trigger so Hit & Miss?

Why is it that when you create a policy that is set to be triggered on startup, that the policy is very rarely actually triggered? I have noticed this on several policies I have created so far. Usually the way it goes is that I creat the startup-trig...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Getting the Mojave Installer on Mojave

Whats the current best way of getting complete Mojave Installer if your already on Mojave. The new update mechanism doesn't appear to allow you to just download it anymore, clicking Get just results in the new updater telling you your up to date alre...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bundle ID and URL for ScreenFlow 7

Hi everyone, We have 10 Licences for SF7 for Mac via VPP. I went to push one licence to a computer but it kept failing. As a bid to resolve the issue I tried refreshing the App catalog multiple times in VPP settings with no luck. I then tried removin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password Sync Issues

I have a user that updated their AD password but when logging into the machine while off of the network, it is still using his old password. When logging onto the machine while wired into our corporate network, it uses his new AD password. What can b...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Unarchive installer

Hello all, first post here. I am attempting to update student devices from sierra to high sierra (I know we're a bit behind the Mojave update, we're just not ready to make the jump yet). I am accomplishing this process by caching an installer by poli...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Master distribution point mounted as read-only

I just setup a new Jamf Pro server running on Ubuntu Server 18.0.4 LTS. I followed the steps outlined in this article. I typed everything exactly as written. These steps worked seven months ago when I deployed another Jamf Pro server, so I'm confused...  View more

f49b4044ee754347b3169b428a27074f
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem Pulling Computer ID with JAMF API

So I am using the API calls to Pull a computer ID. Here is the API Page with the Computer information. JSSURL:8443/JSSResource/computers/serialnumber/#########/subset/general ----- -- 3258 Hugonaut ##:##:##:##:## ##:##:##:##:## #.#.#.# #.#.#.# ######...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

NYC Metro JAMF User Group December 2018 Meeting

The 27th NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 4:30 to 6:30 PM at Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, New York, NY, 10014 Join us for a Post-JNUC wrap-up!We'll go over some of the bigger announcem...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Preferences - Energy Saver

Hi Folks! Upper management asked if I could create a script to manage the power settings for our iMacs. The built in config profile settings in the JSS don't seem to match and they couldn't get it to work to their specs. So I came up with a script to...  View more

7b2e5cb624024addbdf0a702d36172c0
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Management Action Icon Missing

For some reason, our Management Action notification (triggered by User Action/Deferral in a policy) isn't showing ANY icon (By default I believe it should be the JAMF logo). Does anyone else have this issue or a fix to put the icon there?  View more

ff8cef298c59459392f6c5f9355ba52f
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos

AutoPKGR not Uploading to Jamf

Good Afternoon, I have been setting up AutoPKGR and after a few stumbling blocks, all the software is up to date (all green), the JSS importer is configured (Green light) with separate account with permissions, Repository has been selected and a coup...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain over a network

Firstly i will state that my Mac knowledge isn't the best. We are having an issue with our mac and Keychain at the moment, whenever anyone changes their Keychain password on Keychain access on a mac when they move to a different mac the Keychain pass...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 300 course

Hi all, It's been about two and half years since I undertook my CCT. I shall be undertaking the Jamf 300 course at the end of February 2019. Is there any advice on where I should focus my attention in terms of pre-reading / brushing up of skills apar...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mojave Caching Service, Reposado and Margarita

Currently were running Mac Server on Yosemite, however with the server being all but deprecated at this point, I've been tasked with building a new caching server. The server we're currently running has Reposado and Margarita installed on it so we ca...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Measure App

I'd like to manage the Apple Measure App that came out with IOS 12, however, when I try adding the app to the list of applications, I can't find it on the list. The TV App had similar issues when it was first released but there was a work around for ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Lightroom update [1193777] breaks licensing

Hello Everyone, In the past couple of days, we have seen a instance that a recent Adobe update to Lightroom CC 2018 [1193777] has broken the licensing of the Lightroom application. We have been using without any issues, RemoteUpdateManager, to issue ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors