Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

iCloud Find my Mac

We are thinking of signing into iCloud on about 100-150 student laptops at different school buildings using one site-specific AppleID per building. Anyone see any caveats to doing this? Any way to automate this through the JSS?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

GeekTool

I am trying to deploy GeekTool to our users so that we can see their Computer name and IP address. I am able to deploy the app and the .glet that we want to use but I'm unable to get it to start on login and to be enabled. Once deployed the user has ...  View more

0db0e17cb4964b0181d04602667df972
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

eBooks not pushing to iPads overnight

We recently setup 100 iPads for training and development teams, we were pushing 15 ebooks to the devices via a static group and when I checked this morning they still were pending for the downloading of the ebooks. Shouldn't they check in and pull th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Rebooting After Script Policy

I have a Default Configuration Policy that runs a script to trigger other policys in the correct order. But the Default Policy INSISTS on rebooting the machine in 5 mins, even though i have the reboot payload set to Do Not Reboot (mostly to test the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP prestage + Mojave + Directory bind issue

Using DEP enrollment with Mojave & Domain Bind & skip account creation at enrollment results in you not being able to login to a domain account as the login text fields are hidden as long as the device can communicate with the domain controller (text...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 AutoUpdate

Hi What is the simplest and easy way of getting Office 2016 updates pushed to my environment without the end user having to seek an admin to put in their creds. Ideally we just want it to check the device and if it finds an update, then for it to do ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

BitBarDistro- remove "quit" from menu

I'm using bitbar to solely to display the current user. BitBar is being used because "fast user switching" gives the ability to have multiple users logged in at once, plus the ability to lock the screen. Neither of these things fit in a lab environme...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post DEP Imaging

So currently we deploy our new MacBooks through DEP and everything works great. And if we need to "re-image" them I am currently using Deploy Studio to install just the base OS. Now with High Sierra and above it appears this is not going to be a viab...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Chrome in k12

Trying to make chrome enterprise work for our 1:1 students and staff district wide. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Avecto Defendpoint v.5.2

I am trying to set up Defendpoint and cannot find where to put the .xml file. The documentation says /etc/pguard/ but that directory does not exist. I don't have access to the latest documentation and I can't find anything online. I did find /etc/def...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thanks IBM

It was only a matter of time , Thanks IBM Enrollement Apologies if this is a repost  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Handling updates of third party software packages.

Been using jamf for a couple weeks now and came across an issue this morning with an update. Cisco Webex meetings has an update a non admin tried to install on their machine which they cant because they arent an admin. So I started looking for ways t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New jamf setup

Does the iPad had to be prestige as shared to work ? And where do you set settings and branding for the apo  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zero-byte keychain file and troubleshooting FUT?

We've just got some new Macs in which have got High Sierra on them. I got everything installed OK but when I login with a test AD user I'm getting a bunch of keychain errors. Further investigation reveals that there's a zero-byte file at ~/Library/Ke...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alarm Not Working In ios 12?

Take after the beneath specify steps to discover the answer for your concern:You need to check that you turned mute on. You have to erase the third party applications if you have, because some third party alarm applications may have conflicted with t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help with printer driver deployment.

Hello all, Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge as I am pretty new to the Mac and automation worlds. I am trying to deploy a printer driver (Xerox Color C60 / Fiery Printer Driver) to 100+ Macbook Pros. The Macbooks are running 10.14 (Mojave). ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running Powershell Script

I'm coming from a Windows heavy environment where we have many Powershell scripts already built. So I'm wondering if there is an easy way to load/check for Powershell Core and run existing scripts (if the commandlets exist in Powershell Core). I have...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Building Doesnt Get Updated in Jamf

I have a script that runs on enrolment completion and checkin to give user a prompt to select their building. This runs fine but the data doesn't populate the fields in Jamf. Some configuration profiles and Self Service bookmarks need to be dependant...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoLoAD logo size

NoLoAD is awesome but no matter how I size my converted PNG to Base64, it doesn't get any bigger. I was wondering if there was a way to increase its size? Is there a setting I'm missing in the configuration profile?I'm following the preferences isntr...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shell scripts only work in JAMF Recon

Hi everyone, I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to scripts, and I'm running into this problem. I have to script in JSS, and when I assigned it to a policy and run "sudo jamf policy" it runs no problem. However, when it deploys at check-in I get an...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shuttle Bus Information

Just FYI about the buses: They will be running from the Hyatt to Minneapolis Event Centers - Saint Anthony Main and back, from 6:15 to 11pm. They will be loading/unloading at the corner of Grant and Nicollet Ave. Remember to bring your JNUC badge!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors