Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.38.1 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation,Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.38.1. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.38.1 release notes here.There are no changes to this weekend's cloud upgrade schedule. To vie...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2 Is Now Availlable!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2! This release has many exciting UI improvements including an updated user interface in User Initiated Enrollment and Patch Management. App Installers now has an indicator to show if apps are...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

10.13 installation file system

I just installed 10.13 on a 2012 macbook pro, within finder, the info for the Macintosh HD shows format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) when i go to system report --> storage, the file system says Journaled HFS+ is this correct, i thought it was suppose...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple - Device Enrollment program

Even it is fairly old, I just started to look using DEP for our company. One of the thing we often have issues with, is people that leave the company and forget to unlock the icloud on the phones. When getting new phones I can of course enroll them w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blank Pop Up Window in Self Service

Has anyone seen Self Service do this before? I think @donmontalvo posted something like this awhile back. This is on my dev server but it’s very weird. The sever is a Debian, Jessie 3.16, box (I know not officially supported but it works) with Tomcat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Certificates and Trusting Them...

I want to deploy an internal SSL Certificate to our macOS Clients and I would like that Certificate to be trusted. Ideally I would prefer to do this with just a Profile and not script it. I have a Profile which has the Public CA Root certificate and ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

PreStage enrollment problem ?

Hi,Since last friday we had an issue with Dep connection to the deploy.apple.com site. At the same time there was one laptop that belonged to the scope of Dep for testing didn't startup anymore and was only showing an folder icon with an question mar...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

VirtualBox CPUID

I have been working on setting my first VM environment to speed up testing things like DEP and what not. There are some things that has to be changed so everything works. Like you have to use a Seiral Number of a machine that is enabled for DEP. Whic...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Key shortcuts with Jamf?

I was asked to deploy the keyboard shortcut “command options control + L” to lock the screen. I tried running Composer but i didn't see anything useful... unless i accidentally missed it, that was also my last ditch effort to created it since i know ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN Smart Group

Since first adopting iPads and iPhones it has been a struggle from stopping users installing VPN's on their devices to attempt to get around corporate filters. To fix this we setup a smart group that looks for the apps and then loads up restrictions ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repetitive check-in after enrollment

Hey guys, I hope you can enlighten me: We have a bunch of policies that we want to be applied in order to consider a machine ready for the user, some are configured to run after enrollment, but some others are set for check-in. I am being asked to fi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile transfers with Jamf or other means?

I need a way to backup a user profile from 1 Mac to another. Right now we use an external and backup the old machine with Time Machine and then restore the backup to the new machine. This works great but settings are a problem. We would like to keep ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Specific User ASU Notifications

We are starting to have remote users. They need to work around the clock on their devices so I have to create a short window for Apple updates.I need to monitor and make sure users are letting the updates run.So basically I'd like to be notified when...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Integration - Backblaze

Hello-I'm the VP of Product at Backblaze. We recently wrote up a knowledge base article on how to install Backblaze via Jamf at https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002603173-Backblaze-Mass-Silent-Install-with-JAMF If there's any feedback,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

DEP - 10.13 - Machine needs restart before it will enrol

We currently enrol our MacOS devices via DEP (utilising a PreStage Enrolment). Everything works fine apart from once a machine has completed its Apple Setup the machine does not automatically enrol into our server. A simply restart of the machine fix...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Keeping students on the proper network

Does anyone have good ideas to keep students on their wlan and not the teachers wlan? Could I just create a config profile with the ssid and an incorrect password? Or could I run a script on check-in to remove the Teacher wlan from their preferred li...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composing a Printer Package for deployment

Hi,I work for a large establishment with many students who use Mac Books etc. They do not have a managed service. We are manually adding there printers to there Macs which is time consuming. The printers use an smb address. I have tried composing the...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trusted Names Configuration Profile Question

Good morning all! We have just recently updated our Wireless and I need to update our current Config Profile with the new Trusted Server Certificate Names. It's easy enough but I'm curious if anyone has done this process yet? I wont be adding a new C...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ejecting External drives (SD Cards, DVDs etc.)

All, I'm fairly new to JAMF. I raised this in an old thread, but didn't get a response. And, I've tried searching with no luck. Since using JAMF we can no longer eject external drives. In the old thread it said their was an option in CP you needed to...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors