Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

PPPC and every app known to IT

I'm starting to get my head around this PPPC joke.... It appears I am going to have to create a PPPC profile for almost every application that does anything... for example, Photoshop and After Effects.... So, have I missed something that means I only...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 7 kudos

Application validation and upgrade

Hi all I’m looking to create a script that can check the version of a application then depends on what it is run a custom trigger to upgrade it to the latest or do nothing.I have a script can echo out the result but I can’t get my head around the “if...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Profile Deferral Payload

Does that new profile payload that allows you to defer Mac updates extend to full versions like 10.14? For example, if I set that payload to 30 days and 10.15 comes out next year, will that payload prevent the installer app from auto-downloading for ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finder Favorites and Path Bar

Hi folks, question regarding how to configure some of the finder preferences and settings that are not in the Finder Payload. I would like for some of my users to have various folders already in the finder favorites list such as /Users/Shared/School/...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 - How are you doing it ?

I am quite new to Jamf and wondering how you JAMF admins are installing office 365 ?. Just with a normal package file or a specifc script ? And what about when office 365 updates arrive ? ALSO Now when we start enrolling users, what is the best way t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Siri but enable dictation on iPads?

Is it possible using Jamf with an iPad to have Siri disabled but still allow dictation? The options for this do appear to exist in Jamf but it doesn't seem to work, the microphone icon is not available in the keyboard area. Thanks,Dan Jackson (Senior...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device Name, iPads not renaming

A few iPads that I have to rename are not taking. I'm running Jamf Pro 10.8. I can rename them "2018-iPad-XXXXX" , hit save, update inventory and when I go back it reverts back to the old "iPad" name.. Any info would be helpful . Thanks. Pics below  View more

13f875a8ea3a47a69dae965caf36d57a ec38728fce374814be52fb0529480b54
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configurator 2 showing as "Not available to install"

For a while now, my test JSS has had an issue deploying Configurator 2 to Macs via VPP. It shows as not available, as if it's been removed from the Mac App Store, but obviously hasn't been. It's the only app I'm having an issue with under this VPP to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple Password

We have a few users that are not in compliance with Intune because their passwords are showing as being "simple" in Jamf. I've spoken with both users and explained why they are not in compliance and that they need a stronger password. Both users have...  View more

0455eda6fa434983a2d6e3174901440c
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

pppc unable to sign

I'm using the pppc Utility to add some applications to Accessibility automatically. However I'm having difficulty signing it and submitting to JSS. If I sign it and save locally, upon opening the Profile it's unverified and I cannot apply it. If I ma...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post-Enrollment Autologin w/ PYCREATEUSERPKG

I’ve started working on a depNotify workflow for our computer labs, and decided to use the pycreateuserpkg ( https://github.com/gregneagle/pycreateuserpkg ) tool for creating a temp user account w/ autologin enabled. I’m installing the package with a...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

delete local keychain

so for the life of me i can't sort this out. The below works great locally but can't make it work when i push it out via jamf. Save me guys. security delete-internet-password -s thingiwanttokill  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Admin 10.7.1 CONNECTION ERROR

is anyone also having Jamf Admin 10.7.1 Connection Error while using macOS Mojave?? connection error while connecting tohttps://....................(result 0)check your network connection and try again. my network connection is fine.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Endpoint AV recomendations

I know everyone will have a different opinion but any recommendations on MacOS endpoint AV? I have talked to several vendors but none really stand out as better than the other. I'm mainly just looking for something thats easy to push out, easy to man...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Self Service

I wanted to see if I was missing something obvious in Jamf Pro regarding iOS and Self Service. Can I NOT deploy/install apps to iPads AND make them available to all of the other iPads via Self Service? If I deploy a classroom app to a set of iPads us...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need steps for netstore using NetSUS

I'm using Mac OS server App for Mac OS reinstalltion but in new update that app removed that feature in it, Tired to configure NetSUS App using run file, after web login but not able to upload images in netboot server. Anyone please share steps for c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS SAP Agentry

Hi, We are going to be deploying SAP Agentry from JAMF Pro to our site ipads. Is there anyway of adding in the server link into the app configuration?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors