Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

API: Miminum Permissions for POST/computers?

Dear Experts, I would like to know what are the minimum permissions that I have to give an account so that it can do a "POST/computers" via the API. I have tried with CRU for ComputersRU for Users and still got "Error: Not authorized for a user POST"...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Export JSS Cert to be used by HAproxy

HAproxy needs a .pem format. JSS uses the Java Keystore format. How to convert from one to the other so I can get SSL Termination working with HAProxy? I tried using the JAMF "CA Backup" in JSS. That downloads a .p12 file and then converting that but...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caps Lock light MacBook Pro 2018

I have already factory wiped this device and setup fresh last week with 10.14. I created an Apple ticket and they said a factory wipe would be the best way to fix.The issue my caps lock light doesn't come on. This is the same for a external Apple Blu...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Self Service loops on Retrying connection

Hello, some of our iPads are having issues loading up self service. It took me at least 4-6 times to make it to load up Self Service. I would have to close self service and re-launch it before it loads up. Anyone else having this problem? I'm thinkin...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Machine Authentication Pre Login

Hello,PROBLEM: most of our MBP pop solely use wireless network and are never getting alerted when PW is about to expire. WHAT I HAVE FOUND: On a domain joined machine on our corp wired network, the machine is in a state where it is able to get to AD ...  View more

692dee2ee8db4722b0e5e7565169bfc4
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra Builds

Hi all. During a monthly chat with my security contact regarding software version compliance, the difference between 2 High-C builds was called out, and I can't find out the difference between the two. Would any of you all have any info regarding why...  View more

5f5aab620e964cac9455698cbab9f884
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wrong OS installed

Hi everyone, weird question here. I have a policy that runs the command "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" --nointeraction & scoped to some users on self service so that they can press a button and upgrade...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding OD network group to local admins

I am mostly writing this here so I can find it again in the future, because I have to do this again every few years... But if this helps others - or if you know why this will break in the future - let me know. Create a new policy, go into Files and P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass Remove Dock Icons: dockutil script

I wrote this because I got tired of rewriting scripts every year when Adobe adds/changes or replaces the names of their applications. It was just boring writing that stuff. Here is a script that will mass remove based on keywords. Enjoy: #!/bin/bash ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

NetInstall PostFlight Scripts?

I am trying to add a script to my Mojave NetInstall image that will remove the firmware password. I have an Expect script that I use that works well. I can build the NetInstall image without any scripts, but when I try to add any scripts System Image...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave login screen

I've some users who recently upgraded to Mojave. On the login screen they get an icon, but clicking it does nothing. The users can get to the login prompt by using Option+Return. Our Configuration Profile has the login screen set to "Show Other" Just...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assigning Prestage Enrollment?

Hello,We are now utilizing DEP and Prestage Enrollments for "imaging". We are now automatically adding new devices to our default Prestage Enrollment. However, we don't want to add all of our existing computers to this Enrollment because of issues we...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone ever look at setting up NetSUS in AWS?

In the interest of being able to control what OS updates are made available to my organization's Macs, and when they're made available, I'm looking at setting up a NetSUS. So it could be accessed on or off the corporate network being hosted on AWS se...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMad Login Setup for beginner

Hello Jamfnation! I just got back to work from JNUC 2018 and I'm very excited to put into use all the new things I learned. I manage a small fleet of 25 MacBooks, this is expected to double next year. We're using DEP to enroll our machines but would ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 6 kudos

iCloud Find my Mac

We are thinking of signing into iCloud on about 100-150 student laptops at different school buildings using one site-specific AppleID per building. Anyone see any caveats to doing this? Any way to automate this through the JSS?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

GeekTool

I am trying to deploy GeekTool to our users so that we can see their Computer name and IP address. I am able to deploy the app and the .glet that we want to use but I'm unable to get it to start on login and to be enabled. Once deployed the user has ...  View more

0db0e17cb4964b0181d04602667df972
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

eBooks not pushing to iPads overnight

We recently setup 100 iPads for training and development teams, we were pushing 15 ebooks to the devices via a static group and when I checked this morning they still were pending for the downloading of the ebooks. Shouldn't they check in and pull th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Rebooting After Script Policy

I have a Default Configuration Policy that runs a script to trigger other policys in the correct order. But the Default Policy INSISTS on rebooting the machine in 5 mins, even though i have the reboot payload set to Do Not Reboot (mostly to test the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP prestage + Mojave + Directory bind issue

Using DEP enrollment with Mojave & Domain Bind & skip account creation at enrollment results in you not being able to login to a domain account as the login text fields are hidden as long as the device can communicate with the domain controller (text...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors