Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Upgrade workflow from Office 2016 to Office 2019

We are a Volume Licensing Service Center customer and use the Volume Licensing Serializer for Office 2016. Whats the preferred workflow to upgrade to Office 2019 from Office 2016? Do I need to uninstall the Office 2016 suite first and then redeploy w...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 2 kudos

NetSUS and auto updates

Hi, I recently setup a netSUS and created two branches,- 1 for testing new releases,- 1 with all updates except new releases, Now I created some smart groups to detect the OS version and then scope policies to configure the SUS and change the catalog...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Problems

Hey there, anyone is affected by PI-004334 which causes enrolled macs to stuck in an enrolment-loop and throwing following error after every reboot? Thu Oct 11 10:56:34 000208 jamf[273]: An error occurred while enrolling computer: Unable to establish...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Auto Updater 4.4

Is anyone able to update apps using the msupdate -i command after updating to MAU 4.4? It no longer finds updates even though my apps are all 16.17 and when I msupdate -c... it's blank despite my com.microsoft.autoupdate2 plist being populated correc...  View more

b1c4024cac264f2080cab354a16ff5d5
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect to a Server

Hello Everyone,When I apply the configuration profile to the machines it disappear the option to connect to a server, this works good for all the people in the company but not for Us. We, (as admin) sometimes need to export information. Maybe an poli...  View more

cd40bc9f64d1489ca15111620451ff07
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

productbuild style QuickAdd package

I'm trying out a new deployment tool that is using startosinstall and wants productbuild style packages for the post dont-call-it-imaging steps. I'd like to use a QuickAdd package for enrollment, but those are rejected, presumably because they are th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave requires user approval for SetDockItems script

In our environment we use a custom Guest account to be used in the break room. We have a script that runs on startup that sets the dock the way we need it for that environment (SetDockItems.sh). Mojave's user approval requirement means that any time ...  View more

6f52e7834f5e4019b4176158380979d5
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Startup Suspended 10.7.1

So suddenly I get and error stating "There was an error updating the database schema" Waiting on Jamf support to help but nothing yet. We are running two Ubuntu VM's one for tomcat one for mySQL Within the tomcat VM i can access the JAMF Pro via http...  View more

7f95ec5f1f7d4958979719884324ac5e
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing iBooks

Hello All, We are having a huge issue with pushing ibooks to ipads. We are running the latest version of the Jamf Pro Server and we have the 6th generation ipads. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I have not heard for Jamf tech support in more ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF 9.71 and macOS Mojave

Hi Guys, When we re-enrol macs it seems it isn't flushing any of the management history, we have it set to flush all completed/pending/failed commands under re-enrolment. I'd rather not delete from JAMF before re-enrolment as we are re-provisioning v...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lab Management Software

Does anyone have any good lab management software they deploy in their Mac labs? We are having lots of issues with Apple Remote Desktop and want to explore some alternatives. We have tried SchoolVue for Macs (no go), and Mythware.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP license monitor taking forever to complete

Our VppLicenseMonitor used to run every minute and would complete in about 15-20 seconds or so. Since mid-August, it now averages between 600 and 1000 seconds…sometimes longer. I've been working with our TAM for several weeks now and we still haven't...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing a package throught policy

Hy everyone, We have a policy configured to push a package with options:1) Trigger - Recurring Check-in 2) Execution Frequency - Ongoing. After first install of the packages, would installation kick-off on next check-in? Or would it detect that it's ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Avoiding Conference Crud (flu)

I haven't been up to Minneapolis in quite a while, but since I used to live in Bloomington, MN, I remember stuff like shoveling snow off the roof and snow suits that were closer to space suits. Seeing as how there are going to be a bunch of us from a...  View more

6836ce5e264443a09297146194984470
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

API PUT.. what am I doing wrong??

Runs but doesnt replace the value in the following often to unset >>apiUsername="myuser"apiPassword="mypass"jssURL="myurl"policyID=239 curl -sS -k -u $apiUsername:$apiPassword https://myjssurl/JSSResource/managedpreferenceprofiles/id/$policyID -H "Co...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash Drive Tools for Admins

I didn't know how to title this discussion, but I'm trying to simplify my troubleshooting of Mac and Jamf issues in our bring your own device environment. What tools, programs, scripts, etc would you always have loaded onto a flash drive to make your...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running Command as logged in user

Hi All, I have been combing through the forum and got this far but need some help to see what I am missing. I am trying to set Microsoft Automatic Update to Autotamically Download and Install updates for all users. If I run the script from the system...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps automatically closing down after blueprint

So we've got a number of iPads, and as of this summer we're seeing a really strange issue. We configure the iPads with Configurator 2 because my boss won't approve DEP for whatever reason. The issue I have, is particularly with Google's apps (Drive, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Eset agent error when pushed

So eset has a script to install the agent which worked great. Now im getting a script error 1. I have no idea whats going on here. Im not getting alot of detail. Anyone else see this? Sending Wake On LAN command... Opening SSH Connection to 10.10.160...  View more

• 44 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe...enough said...

Hi Everyone, We have been using CCP (Creative Cloud Packager) to package up the Adobe packages from their creative cloud. This has been working really well for us for a number of years. Today, after seeing the new versions of their apps being introdu...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 2 kudos

Sophos Issues/Wont Install & Hanging

Good afternoon everyone, hope all is well. We have been having some issues with Sophos Antivirus for a couple months. When installing Sophos, the policy freezes. If I run a sudo jamf policy in terminal, Sophos just hangs there. I have a policy that c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan Privacy Payload

Anyone built the payload for CrashPlan yet that wants to share out?https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/553/preparing-your-organization-for-user-data-protections-on-macos-10-14  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors