Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Adobe...enough said...

Hi Everyone, We have been using CCP (Creative Cloud Packager) to package up the Adobe packages from their creative cloud. This has been working really well for us for a number of years. Today, after seeing the new versions of their apps being introdu...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 2 kudos

Sophos Issues/Wont Install & Hanging

Good afternoon everyone, hope all is well. We have been having some issues with Sophos Antivirus for a couple months. When installing Sophos, the policy freezes. If I run a sudo jamf policy in terminal, Sophos just hangs there. I have a policy that c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan Privacy Payload

Anyone built the payload for CrashPlan yet that wants to share out?https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/553/preparing-your-organization-for-user-data-protections-on-macos-10-14  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Inventory of iPads

Nearly all our iPads have not been inventoried since last month despite being managed. A remote command to gather inventory updates was sent out for a few days running to no avail. There was a period 2 weeks ago that our reseller messed up our JAMF r...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone using Lightspeed Relay for IOS devices?

We have a Lightspeed Rocket Appliance and Mobile Filtering setup. We have had issues that when an IOS update is applied it breaks the Mobile Filter and the only way to re-instate it is to reopen the Lighspeed Mobile Filter App. We have everything set...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 1 kudos

Auto Login to YouTube

I suspect this isn't possible due to plain text being visible, but does anyone know if it is possible to configure YouTube to auto login to a genreic account used on multiple devices. We currenlty have the app installed but open to suggestions with r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

cck2 Autoconfig doesn't work with Firefox 62.0.3

Hi everyone, I configured Firefox Autoconfig with CCK2 and Firefox ESR 45.9.0 and packaged it together with Firefox 62.0.3 in JSS and prepared it for distribution. But Autoconfig doesn't seem to work with Firefox Quantum because the update function i...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode 10 VPP - Self Service not Installing

Hi All, We have been running into an issue with our Macs in Jamf that are attempting to install Xcode 10 from Self Service. It appears that it stays at 356kb even after a few hours of installation. Attempted within out corporate network and on a home...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 1 kudos

Device was busy. Will try again.

Hi Folks, We are testing our Mojave deployments and while I don't know if this is related to Mojave specifically, I wonder how many of you have run into user level config profiles showing in the management tab as, Device was busy. Will try again? It ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Chrome and Firefox Autofill form data

I cant seem to find a script or method to disable autofill form data for the Users in our environment. We want the feature disabled for both Chrome and Firefox (and hopefully save passwords cleared). Does anyone have any ideas?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMFSoftwareServer.log losing permissions

Is anyone else having issues with JAMFSoftwareServer.log changing permissions on its own? I used to have no issues ssh'ing into our tomcat servers to tail the logs, but now I get Permission Denied messages. It seems something is changing the permissi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.7.1 - Self Service policy running twice

We have a policy in Self Service that loads our standard software set. The technician runs this while logged in as themselves and there are no triggers set. For some reason, the policy has suddenly started running twice. The technician runs it as nor...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suggestions for Re-deploying Legacy (Non-DEP) Macs

Now that I have finally adopted DEP for all new Macs, Im examining my legacy Jamf Imaging workflows for existing (non-DEP) Macs. I'm sure many of you are way farther ahead of when in regards to phasing-out legacy Imaging while maintaining a method to...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Full screen "status" page during policy execution

We have a new machine workflow that follows the sequence below: -machine is DEP enrolled-enrollment complete triggers our "new machine" policy (IF they don't have the software if contains)-notification of policy execution-software installs-notificati...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

WebHook problems

We're trying to play with the WebHook functionality. I've tried creating web hooks that run on both ComputerCheckIn and ComputerInventoryCompleted and it doesn't appear that it does anything. When I look at the logs on the web server we're trying to ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot login after Mojave update

A few people have updated to Mojave on their own. I've noticed if we have Jamf agent installed, they cannot log back in. It gets to like 90% on the progress bar and just tops. If we select "reinstall Mojave" from the recovery window, without wiping t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to remove screen saver password Mojave

I'm setting up a kiosk Mac with Mojave installed and need to remove the prompt to require a password after the screen saver begins. I would like to change the setting through a script so it doesn't have to be changed manually. I've tested a few scrip...  View more

ba45c1360a3746acb341397791e8d53a
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't get Smart User Group of scope via API?

Hello All,I have specified a Smart User Group in the scope of the policy. After that, when I got the above policy information via Jamf Classic API, smart user group is not specified in the scope. Is it impossible for the API to get and set smart user...  View more

012140cb449e4c429e149f65126ffbad
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Developer Program Support - How to contact?

In the below article it states that if you can not remember the Apple ID used for the Apple Push Cert on your server to contact Apple Developer Program Support and give them the serial number of the cert so they can look up the account. The problem i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleTV Screen Saver Not Consistent

So we just set up 9 new AppleTV 4K's around our office in conference room mode. So far they have been a hit with our employees when they don't need a Zoom Room for screen sharing or just need to share content with a small group. However, one thing th...  View more

59e0862bd1a9420fa042f2a765cd95d4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

App won't load

I pushed out an app to the students' iPads. It auto loaded for some students but did not load for others. The students tried to load it through Self Service. Now when I try to push it out I get the error that the Apple ID cannot be used to purchase a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors