Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf SSO to Azure

Hi, I am new here, but hoping to get some advice I am trying to setup Jamf SSO with Azure. I have followed the guide here from Microsoft, but it simply won't workhttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/jamfprosamlconnector-t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

Privacy Preferences config profile issues

I am trying to created and upload Privacy Preference profiles using the Jamf supplied tool (PPPC Utility). When I hit the upload button however, a Config Profile gets created, but it is blank except for the "General" section. Is anybody else running ...  View more

e31d768f867a46658993a79d1ffb56aa
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM profile removal problems

So, anyways, as a high school student, I am looking to remove an MDM profile that is stored on my computer that has a bunch of restrictions. With 'sudo -s' then typing in 'profiles -R -p com.uni.mdm' I get returned 101: profile is not removable. I th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exit code with bash script and Jamf

I have a some code with an "exit 1" on a fail for a if/then. Instead of exiting the script it continues to run some commands at the end of the script when run via jamf policy. If I run the script directly it works fine. Am I missing something?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 10.7.1 and check in triggers

Hello Everyone, We are on JSS 10.7.1 and ever since moving to it, we are finding a number of Macs having issues with check in triggers. We have Macs that are wiped and reinstall the OS using the startosinstall function. Prior to updating to 10.7.1, e...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Some Configuration Profiles deploy; some don't

Hi Folks:I've got a workflow that deploys five Config Profiles after enrolment (DEP or manually). It seems that pretty regularly - maybe always - four get deployed just fine and the fifth sits in the list as "failed".Why would that be? It's obviously...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate fixing High Sierra FileVault password sync

As many of us have experienced over the past year, Active Directory users who change their passwords often do not get their FileVault password to sync up since upgrading to macOS High Sierra. This bug has existed since the betas from what I understan...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 2 kudos

Storage View on Shared iPads

Is there any way to get this view on Shared iPads. We just deployed 300 32gb iPads this year at our district and have a quite a few of them above 95% storage capacity. It would be nice to see at a glance what they have on their iPads.  View more

429d66fb25474893a6bdaadd5570dc02
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleTV Config Profile Distribution

Anyone know why, but I created a profile with a scope that should target about 132 devices all AppleTVs. But only 4 devices have that profile currently. If i make a change to the profile and it asks if i want to push to those with the profile or to a...  View more

377f0b36d46d47c698f2dcdd69fcb70e
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management Smart Groups Not Updating?

At some point after updating to Jamf 10.7 (and now 10.7.1) the Smart Groups I have referencing Patch Management versions don't seem to be updating correctly. Specifically, I have a Smart Group for "Firefox ESR is Less Than 60.2.1" using the Patch Rep...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 2 kudos

Configuration Profile to enforce Screen Sharing?

I've looked through jamfnation and the answer has always seemed to be ARD kickstart to enable Screen Sharing. That no longer seems to be viable moving forward starting with 10.14: sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Conten...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Netsus 5

Looking for help with NetSUS 5 CSR. The built-in GUI generated CSR does not meet our minimum key size of 4096 bit. I have generated a CSR manually using openssl command from my mac, submitted the CSR and received certificate & certificate chain from ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade process at first login post upgrade

Hi everybody, I would like to know if it is normal that after updating MacOS 10.13.6 to 10.14, everything goes well during upgrade process but once completed, when I login on a user session, the update process continues as if it were not finished for...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac name change issue.

I am having a weird issue where a couple of Macs keep changing their name to "localhost". I have a configuration policy in place (which these Macs are getting) to hide the sharing pane so I don't think the users are doing it. I also have it set to ch...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migration to Apps and Books question

Apple's docs say you should migrate all your VPP accounts to Apps and Books at the same time. I really would like to pick 1 VPP account to test with 1st. Has anyone else done this? Any issues? FYI on this same topic:We had 2 VPP accounts that suddenl...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 Reissue Problem

I'm using the script below to reissue Filevault keys for newly enrolled users who already have Filevault2 turned on. Users get prompted to enter their password if they run the policy from the Self Service app and the key reissues with no problem. How...  View more

bddf6c88557a49a1999869ca9d7824d0
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Management on iPad - Skip

Hello All, We were resetting a district iPad today the same way we always have by taking off our Configuration Policy and doing an Erase All Settings and when we got to the Remote Management step in the setup it now includes an option for Apply Confi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DNS PTR Reverse creation problem

Hello, We use mac 10.12.6 and 10.13.6 in Active directory envrionment.We have a problem with PTR Reverse record on DNS.I have checked with our network engineer the best practices listed here but the problem is stil the same: https://www.jamf.com/jamf...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors