Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Dropbox Smart Sync - Password Required?!

We created a Dropbox package (using v58.4.92) via Composer. Everything goes well until a user signs into Dropbox and System password prompt appears for Smart Sync. Is there a way to bypass this so end users do not need admin credentials to have the f...  View more

b8c5ff3d61c54215b484983e1827cb67
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Apple Store App

Anyone come across the new Apple Store App? It is showing up on our new 6th Gen ipads running 11.4.1. App store restrictions in Configuration does not stop access.  View more

26327447389342c290a89da657c1525a
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS ActiveSync Prompt

Has anyone been able to figure out how to prompt for ActiveSync Credentials? All I can get it to do is prompt for a password, no email or account. Apparently, this was an issue a few years back and doesn't seem to be resolved. JAMF just swept this un...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricting iPads to multiple apps

Hello, We use Jamf at our school district to manage our iPads. I recently had a question asked by teachers that I thought was a good idea. I did some research and did not find an outright answer. They asked if it was possible to restrict an iPad to o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Applications installed based on date installed

I'll preface with the fact that I have little or no skill with scripting. Often times I can read a script and understand some components of it, but that's about it. That said, I've been doing some digging online trying to find a script to use in Self...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 Outlook IOS

Hey Everyone! Does anyone know how to properly setup an Office 365 email account on an iPhone?! as the mail app does not support this. We have tried an outlook XML configuration profile providing all server, account and domain info needed. HERE'S WHA...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Input needed - best setup solution

We are in the project scope of Jamf and I am looking for some input from you What we have decided is that Mac´s not must be AD bind and that we want to use NomadWe also Use apple DEP and we have azure AD and want to use conditional access When users ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic Scoping of Devices to pre-stage enrolment

I see a number of posts of this topic but not an answer that matches what I'm after (maybe because you can't!). Anyway, can devices be scoped 'automatically' to a pre-stage enrolment identified by serial number?Here's a scenario: 40 devices are added...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy last compatible version iOS

Hi, We have a set of iPad 4's (maximum iOS 10.3.3) that we would like to deploy Garageband to. Does anyone know what the last compatible version of Garageband with iOS 10.3.3 is and if it is possible to deploy this via JAMF? Thanks in Advance,Jason  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Using Mojave and Server 6.7.1

I'm not looking for anything crazy at this point. For 10.12 i was using DeployStudio to reinstall the OS in about 5 minutes. Now, if i can just setup a NetBoot of Mojave I would be happy. I know it was removed in the newest version of macOS Server, b...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Enterprise Proxy Solution for macOS

What is the recommended enterprise proxy solution for macOS? Does anyone have experience working with Blue Coat on MAC and if so what has been your experience? Interested in hearing about what others in the industry are using.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to communicate with JAMF Cloud

Hello All, I've been running into an issue with pulling down packages and policies and I thought it was something related to our distribution point. So for troubleshooting I turned off our cloud distribution point or set it to None and now I'm runnin...  View more

f42d751871964c0e84df3a9f0df25171
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

user approved MDM missing Approve button

I just upgraded from JSS 10.2.1 to 10.7.1 and I started powering up some of my tester Macs to make sure the new jamf files were being pushed out. All is well except for the fact that the 10.13.6 Macs give the alert in Self Service (according to this)...  View more

31fde0163ecd4f78b3b2eb334b200f62
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Templates for Mojave Upgrades

By now, most of us who use user templates in macOS know that Mojave does not handle them correctly, making new user accounts unusable. For devices that are upgrading to Mojave, how are you handling the user template folders that pre-exist? Delete the...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

scutil scrpit help

I am really new to scripting, and i was thinking if i can make a script for computer name, Localhostname, and hostname. i used to just open terminal then type sudo scutil --set Computer Name XXXsudo scutil --set LocalHostNamesudo scutil --set HostNam...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HFS+ w/ 10.13

I'm look at a smart group we have based on the boot volume type and seeing a high number of 2017 iMacs that have 10.13 on them but the EA is reporting "Journaled HFS+". Might be a really obvious easy answer but I figured any machine with 10.13 would ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two LDAP Servers, Scope Limitations Only Work on First On

We have one LDAP Server set up for our main US office, and a while back, we added a second LDAP Server for users in Asia. We just recently started limiting Self Service Policy Scopes by Active Directory Group membership. This works fine in the US, bu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCCM Plugin - Installing Error for Permissions

Anyone else having issues getting the SCCM plugin to install correctly? We have all the correct information. We tried two domain admin accounts, and we even tried creating a new local admin to the machine (in administrators group), and we still get e...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

macOS Single App

is there a way to have a Mac system only launch into a single App (launch daemon/agent?) and not allow it to be closed or swipe/tab out of the fullscreen app?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Undoing Kext Configuration

We are seeing some 10.13.6 gatekeepers not working correctly, thinking that the MDM still needs to approve the extension, and never giving a user the Allow prompt. Even though the configuration on the Mac explicitly is User Approvals Allowed says Yes...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave 10.14.1 Beta 2 Download

With this beta version, it seems like there is no way create a USB - I couldn't find the downloaded installer bits, since it is now an update through System Preferences. I'd like to flatten a Mac and run my Jamf installer against that beta version. I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Safari Clear History and Website Data

Hello Nation, I have some iPads that will be used for students to register for classes. I am trying to find a way to force a logout of our college's website of after an idle time of a few minutes if a students leaves the iPad kiosk without logging ou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash update script says it's completing, but it's not

I'm running a flash update script once a week that has been working fine all the way through version 30 of Flash. Since 31 was released, the script has been continuing to run, and is reporting that the update has completed successfully, but in realit...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors