Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.7.1 Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Hi Jamf Nation, Jamf Pro 10.7.1 is live! A brief overview of the update is below along with the cloud upgrade schedule. Check out the release notes for more detail. Sound off below if you have any questions. Enjoy! Hosted Data Regionap-southeast-2 Se...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

This Apple ID cannot be used to make purchases

Hi everyone, Today i have this error "This Apple ID cannot be used to make purchases" when installing vpp apps on few iPads. All apps are concerned.It's device based and iPads are on iOS 12 (fresh DFU recovered) with managed apple ids.Nothing relevan...  View more

2f648fb0265a447abc0bc2ebfe2b1e90
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shutting down Macs running 10.13

Ever since I've started upgrading Macs running High Sierra, I have noticed that each and every one of them is extremely reluctant to shut down or restart. I get as far as the black screen with the spinning gear and that's it. I end up forcing the com...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 Mail SMTP Connection

Hi all, Bit of an odd one: I'm attempting to configure Office 365 Mail for a client (configured with the usual IMAP/SMTP settings) via a device profile and, if I hard-code the password into the profile, everything works fine. If I leave it blank so t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up FileVault -> Confused

Hello, I want to automate the process of FileVault -> activation with the local admin account -> adding the user While searching for ideas here at Jamf Nation I got pretty confused. Most threads are for example about generating a private key and soun...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting password duty - IOS

Hello, how do I set a password duty for phones. I found the passcode are in devices. So if I activate it does it mean the user has to set a password? What happens to users without a password or with a different length? Do the get a message to change ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent updating to IOS12 - Best choice?

Hi, which is the best alternative to prevent users updating there phones to IOS12? I got following information from Jamf Nation and looking around: Configuration profiles with restrictions (Devices -> configuration profiles -> restrictions)Activate "...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google File Stream on Shared Devices and Binding to AD

We would like to move away from binding our shared laptops to AD. The only thing stopping us is Google File Stream. We do not want to risk students not logging out of GFS. Has anyone faced this situation and if so, what options did you entertain and/...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2018 Standard Rate Expiring

Hello Jamf Nation,We are just a month away from the 2018 Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC). For those who have already reserved your spot, this marks the countdown to the world’s largest Apple IT event. If you have not yet signed up, you still have ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

MDM Profile Missing Title & Description

This just recently started happening to us and we have been unable to find anything similar here or in the wild. All of a sudden the MDM profile name & description under System Prefs>Profiles has disappeared for all newly enrolled Macs. Each of these...  View more

cf2cc2c4182e46ccad254549274e6fca 33ca3523d21346d192305aab9f0227e6 5f37664296e3471d8cab68de6fddae7d
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login to Mac using Azure AD

We will be having Jamf on site in a couple weeks to do the jumpstart. One thing we are rolling out with the PCs is logging in to the machine using their Azure AD credentials. Is there currently anyway to login to the Macs using Azure credentials?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Firefox Settings Using CCK of AutoConfig

Hello! We are trying to deploy Firefox 51 (the only known browser to work with our time management system) to our Macbooks and are running into some snags. I'm using Composer to create the Firefox package but non of my settings are being saved in the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proxy Not Showing In System Prefs

Good Morning, We are testing a proxy setup for our macOS machines. I configured the Config Profile but none of the settings show up in system prefs. It is deployed and working however. Does anyone else have this issue? I also had to specify the pac f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

vmware horizon client 4.9.0 USB Printing popup

I have a self service package that installs vmware horizon client 4.9.0. The initial run of the application pops-up a prompt to enter and administrator password (you can cancel) for 'START REMOTE USB AND PRINTING SERVICES'. how can i get rid of this ...  View more

90cb34a0635b469b8acdf0963288a508
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD intermittently not allowing AD authentication

Hi, I've got users who are intermittently unable to access computers via ARD. We've set up an AD security group e.g. MYDOMAINAllowRemoteDesktop and then created a local ard_admin group on each machine and linked this security group to it using dsedit...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf acquires NoMAD

Hello Jamf Nation! As I'm sure you've heard, today we announced that Jamf acquired Orchard & Grove, the makers of NoMAD. NoMAD is a combination of open-source and premium for-fee solutions, aimed at helping organizations provide a simple, unified pro...  View more

• 36 replies
  • 44 kudos

How To: Remove Previously User-Approved KEXT

So, I'm trying to find a way to remove a previously user-approve KEXT from a machine. The /var/db/SystemPolicyConfiguration/KextPolicy database is read-only and likely protected by SIP anyway - so, deleting a row out of this wouldn't work. Has anyone...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Integration in ServiceNow CMDB / AMDB

Hi, we want to connect our jamf pro instance w/ our ServiceNow for inventory purposes (filling the cmdb etc) and I found this plugin in the ServiceNow store: https://store.servicenow.com/sn_appstore_store.do#!/store/application/8c7f70f34fe4f2007c854e...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.7.1 Beta Now Available!

The Jamf Pro 10.7.1 beta provides additional compatibility with the macOS Mojave beta operating systems so your organization can test workflows with confidence before these new operating systems ship. This release provides compatibility and support f...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 10 kudos

Patch Management question

I have been utilizing Patch Management for a while now and for the most part it works fairly well however it seems like software isn't automatically updating after X days even though my policy is set that way. Let's take Chrome for example, the last ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking Safari 12

Hello! I am trying to block Safari 12 for a short time. When I run the command softwareupdate --ignore "Safari12.0HighSierraAuto-12.0" in terminal it seems to take. However, Safari 12 installs anyway. I do not have a sus server and rely on updates to...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors