Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Script runs fine locally but not through Jamf

I have a script that's supposed to run at the end of enrollment and it asks a tech whether they want to run an "Initial Setup" Policy, which if run would trigger a bunch of apps to install. It uses Pashua and the API so that if the user clicks a butt...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec DLP causing Chrome and FireFox to crash.

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone is having the same issues as us where Chrome (69.0.3497.92) and FireFox (62) crash on DLP version 15.0.0107.01001. When it crash the DLP (EDPA) will spike the CPU to 100% and the whole computer would freeze up. We...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Prevent Mac from sleeping - Best Practise

Hello, what is the best way if i want to disable sleep for 3 hours while installing on macs which have a configuration profile which sets sleep to 15 minutes. The profile is installed at enrollment after this i run a policy by custom trigger which ru...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detailed Information about Policy calling scripts

Hello, we enroll our macs with a policy activated by a custom trigger.In the policy is a script, which calls different policies by custom triggers and has some additional commands like echo. Question: Is there a way i can see the outcome or echo of m...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 12

With iOS 12 coming out next week, and this being my first OS release with JAMF, what can I expect?I know typically Apple won't push the update for a couple weeks, but it'll be available to iOS devices that check for it. I'm deferring updates right no...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Patch Policy - No Eligable Computers

In Patch Management, my Patch Policy looks like this: And my targets is a large Smart Computer Group of mostly 10.12 without Skype, no limitations, no exclusions. When I click on "View list of eligible computers.", it's empty (0-0). If "Patch Unknown...  View more

4644b0ee90b34f4e984fd7b201ae3394
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Configuration Profile to OSX w/ limitation

Hello, I need to push out a new WiFi configuration to OSX hosts. It has a some certificates generated from an internal host, so this policy can only be deployed when machines are on our internal office network. If these are deployed when the systems ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Premium Support

I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me about your experience with JAMF Premium level support as noted here:https://www.jamf.com/support/jamf-pro/premium/ We have had JAMF-PRO in our K-12 Edu environment for a few years and are starting to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon recommendations

Hi all. Looking at doing a proof of concept project with iBeacons so I'm wondering what everyone is using. So far Estimote's Proximity Beacon 2018 look good but just want to check for Jamf Pro compatibility. My other option was Bleu Station Beacons b...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock Screen Message iPads

We have shared ipads at our district, trying to get a the lock message to say "$room extensionattribute_3" (The EA is just a slot number on the cart where the iPad is stored). The room number shows up but the EA is showing up as $sextensionattribute_...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcing Logout to kick off FileVault 2 in year 2018

I need a way to force logout the user after FileVault2 has been enabled. I see some old post from 2014, but nothing new. Any ideas how to force log out the user which would be the local admin account once FileVault 2 has been kicked off. I tried this...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group for User Initiated Enrolment?

Is there any way to detect if a computer was enrolled through User Initiated Enrolment? JAMF Pro Cloud 10.610.13.4 Clients the only way I can think of is to use exclusions for other enrolment methods i.e DEP but I am very reluctant to use Exclusions.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uploading Mobileconfig Profile

Hello. I have a custom mobileconfig profile that will not upload, for some strange reason, it hangs out here indefinitely. Anyone ever seen this before, or have any idea of what I can check to push it through? Thanks in advance Jamf community.  View more

c1b5baeb6eb44589a50cbbec07255f92
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 400 - Tips and Tricks ?

Hi, In the second week of october i am going to attend Jamf 400 in Amsterdam, just curious if there are any tips n tricks i can already practice on :) Cheers,Thijs Xhaflaire!  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time since local account password change

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a way to create an attribute (or another method) in JAMF to find out how long it's been since a password change for all users. I found a way to get the epoch time for the current user, but I want to do it for all users so...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script check to see if configuration profile is installed

Hello, I want to check to see if a configuration profile has come down and been installed before I proceed with a script in self service. I know I can list the configuration profiles using the "profiles" command but I'm not sure how to check if a pro...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Autoupdate Buggy

Anyone else having issues with the Microsoft Autoupdate not working correctly. Currently the app says I have five apps that need updating to 16.17.18090901.The command line tool (which uses the app) says I only have four apps that need updating.I run...  View more

58127ddb11e144069b930692443dd2c9
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service

How do you make apps available to all Macs all the time? We have separate policies to install applications based off smart groups. What I would like is to allow users to reinstall these apps at their leisure. We have Self service enabled and for each...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer: APFS & HFS

Either Im really slow to catch on, or missed the memo. Using current version 10.6.2 of Composer I discovered that it will now ask which filesystem do you want to create a DMG / PKG on APFS/HFS. Silly me, wasn't paying attention to the Filesystems I w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to assign user to iPad after enrollment.

I've been using the require credentials during prestage enrollment to capture which users are assigned to my ipads but i need to disable this feature. I still would like the users assigned to the device but I need it done after the device is put back...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems when aplying policies - Login Users

Hi Everyone,When we apply the policies in the MACs, We are having some issue because users are not able to change the session to another, when somebody has logged in in the machine and another person need to log in, there is no option whice let chang...  View more

bce8ffd5b1db4f96b2545a374a7341ac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

API call to update user location info

I have a script that will do the following: Create a local account based on admin pop-up box and rename the mac to this username-last4ofserial#. The account that is created is in LDAP format and is the user that I would assign in JAMF console in the ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors