Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

What's new in the Jamf Pro 10.34 Release

Today we released Jamf Pro 10.34 which includes enhancements to the Jamf Parent and Jamf Teacher apps, updates to the Jamf Connect auto-deployment settings, and new Shared iPad session features. This release also gives IT admins the ability to select...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

Kernel Panic Errors

We have so far about 10 MacBook Pro 2012s that within a couple days have gotten Kernel Panic Errors (picture attached). Wondering if there is anyone else who has had a rise in these errors recently or if anyone can help theorycraft a causation.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lab Logout Pop Up

Greetings, Running into a scenario in our Mac Labs where users are leaving their accounts logged in, requiring the next person to force reboot the computer. I know there's the option to force logout through a configuration profile based on idle time,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-stage enrollment trigger policies

I have recently taken over management of the JSS at the College where I work. One of my goals over the Summer is to get as close to a Zero Touch Deployment for computers as possible. We are enrolled in DEP and I have configured a pre-stage enrollment...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow SMB performance on Sierra

So apparently there are a few known bugs with SMB in Mac OS Sierra.One is documented here:https://dpron.com/os-x-10-11-5-slow-smb/ I applied this fix and am still experiencing dreadfully slow performance when the finder tries to list the contents of ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Web Browser after 10.12.4

FYI - after updating macOS to 10.12.4, option to set up default web browser has been transferred from Safari - Preferences - General to System Preferences - GeneralI wonder how long it takes Apple to move there default email app   View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Full 10.12.4 install w/hosted JSS not working

Not enough room in the subject line to accurately outline everything. I don't even know where to start honestly so I'm just going to jump in here. This is regarding the full macOS 10.12.4 installer, not the updater We are not using imaging, this is f...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a way to search the API page?

I'm looking for a way to search the API page for keywords. A simple search from the browser only gives results on what is visible on the page, not text that is revealed when you click Show/Hide. For example, if I needed to see if there was anything t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login window options

Hello Everyone, I am trying to set a login window option for our student users, they would have an idle time out set to 30 minutes. Our employees would have this idle time out set to 60 minutes. I was hoping to scope this to the user level so dependi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy/manage an address book for iphones

Our department is rolling out 500 new iPhones and we’ve been asked to provide an “address book” to each phone that will display the caller’s name on the phone receiving the call. These assumes that both the caller and the callee will be using our man...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Add Apps From Device Menu

SUGGESTION: There are times when I need to add several apps to one device. It would be much more convenient to also have the option to scope apps (preferably multiple apps) at once when you are in the device menu.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMovie Update using softwareupdate?

Hello, Is it possible to update iMovie and Garageband using the built-in softwareupdate tool? I've poked around a little bit, and it doesn't look like it. I just wanted to verify before I investigate the other methods. Tim  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mail as a Managed App

In our environment, we are concerned about iCloud backups for institutional data. Right now I have apps in Self Service, and have it set to not allow sharing content with unmanaged apps. Users using Word etc are unable to share files with the iOS Mai...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Enrollments - Standard Account is Admin

Hello, I'm a first time poster and pretty new to Jamf (recent CCT and just went through our JumpStart), so I hope I'm missing something simple. We have a PreStage enrollment set up so that the Local User Account Type is a Standard Account. However, t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra. giving local admin user at Login Window

This issue is happening from last few weeks and I have no solution on this as of now. We have had around 6 mac so far that have had issues with their User account not showing at the Login Window. These are mobile accounts (AD Users), all this mac has...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra. Missing users at Login Window

This is a weird one which has been happening for weeks and have struggled to get to the bottom of it. We have had around 10 machines so far that have had issues with their User account not showing at the Login Window. These are local accounts (No AD)...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Showing Up in Multiple Self Service Categories

Hello,I made some small changes to the category of a few of the apps in our Self Service set-up. However, the applications in question now show up in both categories. Can any one offer advice on how to fix this? This is a cloud hosted solution. Thank...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud Find My Mac through Casper.

Hi Guys, We are a school and we have around 500 Macs that we would like to be able to track them offsite.Anyone found a way to set up iCloud Find My Mac through Casper? Regards,MM  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

BSDPy Docker Blues

Looking for some BSDPy Docker advice. I used this for a guide: [https://themacwrangler.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/creating-a-netboot-server-with-centos-7-and-bsdpy]. I tested this with my nbi and was able to successfully netboot between 2 VMs on my loc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to block GameBoy Emulator for iOS!

The students in our district have discovered a way to use an online emulator to emulate gameboy and gameboy advanced games without jailbreak. The website is called "gameplaycolor.com" where it tells the user to add the website to their homescreen in ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage LittleSnitch rules in a Network

Is it possible to Manage LittleSnitch rules on computers on the network?For example i want to add LittleSnitch Rules on some MacBooks in the Network without go to every Laptop.How can I do that?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors