Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

DEP mobile accounts are not being created

I am using DEP and when joining AD the Mobile accounts used to work fine in the process. Now after a Mac has been deployed via DEP the Mobile accounts are not being created. Now you can login as a new user and it works but not the first user who logg...  View more

18bb4573acd94d41896bc73aff0b0dd4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remotely Restarting Apple TV

I'm trying to restart an Apple TV that I just set up through DEP just as a test to see if it works and JAMF Pro is telling me I don't have the necessary privilege to send the command but I have full administrator privileges in JAMF? I can also send t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

On prem or Cloud ?

What is the best way to go for new customers. We have about 250 macs, spread across the world from Europe, US to Asia. . We are already maintaining a lot of servers, so that it not the problem if we get one moreCan see they also now jamf Premium clou...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Jamf dock lock?

As a new Jamf user I started playing with simple things and thus changed the settings of the dock. Showing it left, right, size etc. I thought I could then simply remove it and the Dock would be free again but it seems that once Jamf gets its hands o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How does Casper deal with Uninstalls

So I've used Composer to modify a Firefox DMG to place the .APP into ~/Applications folder, I've then repackaged that as a new .DMG file, uploaded to Jamf and indexed it. It installs fine via a Self Service Policy but the separate Uninstall policy (T...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding certificates from Internal PKI

Hi Guys, We've just had a new Internal PKI service set up by our Security team and we're now starting to see certificates being generated to secure a number of our internal services. These new certs will soon start to roll out to our Mac fleet and we...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Issue with TouchID on new MacBook Pros

Hi fellow Mac admins, I have an issue with enabling Touch ID on new MacBook Pro devices. I have a configuration profile allowing the use of Touch ID to unlock the device, however users can't do precisely that. The check box quickly becomes checked an...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Message on login window after policy finish installing

Hello There, I hope this discussion found everyone well.I would to create a message for the our users / support staff to see after the policy finish installing in login window. I created a message that can be seeing while user logged in but not if no...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro; Upgrade methods for Mojave.

Hi All, Lets share idea's about how to upgrade to macOS Mojave via; Self Service App Store Others Also an idea to share idea's an how to upgrade from 10.14.1 to 10.14.2 due the new Software Update pane in Sysprefs. Cheers.  View more

• 110 replies
  • 8 kudos

Enable remote management (full control) in Mojave??

So... Prepare your institution for iOS 12 or macOS Mojave[https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209028](link URL) "For increased security, using the kickstart command to enable remote management on a Mac will only allow you to observe it when sharing its...  View more

• 121 replies
  • 6 kudos

Single App mode + App with push notifications

I have an app that uses push notifications - enterprise signed. Sample deployment history via JAMF: v 2 - no push notificationsv 2.1 - no push notifications, app installed over old versionv 2.2 - added (firebase) push notifications, app had to be del...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Connect/Disconnect

I've been fighting AD for a while here and hope someone might be able to provide a bit of assistance. As I have dug through all of the documentation on here about AD binding, I have changed my scripting multiple times to try to enhance the connection...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Confused about Secure Token (High Sierra)

Let me start of by saying I've read Rich Trouton's great article on secure tokens, and I thought I understood how it worked: the first account set up through Setup Assistant gets a token, and it can then give tokens to other accounts using a syadminc...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

2018 MacBook Pro - AD Screen Saver unlock failing

I have witnessed this a few times, for some reason the screensaver unlock will not accept the user's password to unlock the screen. These are AD bound machines, brand new(not that it matters), but it seems to only be happening on computers that were ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatically make Mobile Accounts Admins

Hello all! I'm looking to set Mobile Accounts to be administrators from the get go, before they've even been created. As default Mobile Accounts are set to standard, i'd like created mobile accounts to obtain administrator capabilities as default (if...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Off Topic] TB3 data transfer from 2016 MBP and 2018 MBP

I've got a 13" and 15" 2018 MBP in, and I was testing data transfers from a 2016 to a 2018 via my belkin TB3 cable that I've been using since the TB3 Macs came out. I target boot the 2016 mbp and plug in the cable to the 2018 that's signed in with th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Technical documents search

When I try to search the Technical Documents here on JN, all the results that are returned are in Chinese or some other Asian format. Anyone else having this problem? ~Scott  View more

d0108d24c99343d3b04c674137713142
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Touch/Face ID and healthcare/HIPAA

This is more of a "putting out feelers" sort of question, but does anyone in healthcare with HIPAA restrictions have any insights on use cases for or against Face ID and Touch ID? We disable biometrics on iPads and Macs as a blanket measure because i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's New on Jamf Nation - August 2018

Hello Jamf Nation! I have just a few items to share this month. Jamf Nation – New Features and Improvements Search Modifier –You can now exclude terms from your search results by putting a ‘-‘ symbol in front of the word you wish to omit from search ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 8 kudos

Apple DEP & Software For Separate Departments

Hey good morning guys. Hope you all are doing well today. I have a question about apple DEP and Jamf capabilities. We want to have software issued to separate departments here. For example, engineering has homebrew,docker,virtual box etc. This softwa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with AD suddenly not allowing user login...

We recently started to see intermittent issues with macOS devices that are bound to our campus AD and working suddenly stop allowing users to login. If we login with a local account we find that directory lookups to the AD all fail. In about 30% of t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors