Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

LaunchAgent in user template?

Hey all, We're moving to AD logins (mobile accounts with no syncing) and recently encountered a problem with permissions on the network share (which has since been resolved). In the end the decision was made to uncheck the "Use UNC path from AD to de...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Remote with Random Management Password

FYI I received this from support with regards to having a management account with random password- Unfortunately due to PI-005649 'Jamf Remote does not connect with a random 16 character password set for the mgmt. account' we will not be able to use ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distinguished Names of Bound Macs

I'm working on a way to build Smart Groups based on a machine's OU in ADS. I've put together a Bash script to create an Extension Attribute reporting the DN, but it doesn't update the field in the Inventory for computers. I'm not sure why, because I ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen saver oddness

All,I am seeing some weird behavior with screen savers. With no policy defined they are set to 5 minutes and are users are not able to change that time, the option is grayed out. They can pick the screen saver, just not the inactivity time. I created...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

System Wide Proxy

Hi All, We have a requirement to look at sending JamF traffic through the proxy.... Our current config is that we apply proxy settings per users upon login, so whilst we can add our JamF Cloud URL to the bypass how would we handle this when users wer...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run policies on enrollment, AFTER user logs in

I have a series of policies that fire off with the enrollment trigger when a computer is first picked up using DEP. Trouble I am running into is that if you wait too long on the screen for creating the user account, the policies start to run due to t...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Shutdown Script

Hi, I have created a force shutdown script with the help of numerous website and forum: #!/bin/sh # First, a little warning: /usr/bin/osascript << EOT display dialog "This is a message from the IT Department Your computer will restart in 15 seconds" ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

uapi to update Mobile Device Extension Attribute

trying to get my scripting correct to be able to update an extension attribute for an ipad using rest api. even through the Try It Out feature on the uapi/docs i receive an error 500 so something isnt correct. All examples are in XML but uapi is in J...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared Calendars Mac Outlook 2016

Im noticing a lot of weird stuff with Mac Outlook 2016 when it comes to accepting shared calendar invites (presumably from Windows Outlook users). Mac users get an invite in Outlook, but the shared calendar never maps/mounts in Outlook on Macs after ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bulk Delete Computers in Jamf 10.3

We have around 150 computers need to be deleted from Jamf. However, when perform bulk deletion by using computers search action assistant, it times out. At the same time, the CPU goes really high. Has anyone run into the same problem? Any suggestions...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS Utilization

Is there any way to see what process is causing our JSS to run at close to 100% utilization? We can restart the Tomcat process, but it will quickly jump back up. Last year we moved the SQL process to a separate server, and that server is not generall...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.7 Beta 2 Now Available!

The Jamf Pro 10.7 beta 2 provides compatibility with macOS Mojave, iOS 12, and tvOS 12 beta operating systems, so your organization can test workflows with confidence before these new operating systems ship. This release provides compatibility and su...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple school manager and Multiple MDM servers

I am considering adding our testing server (not externally facing) to our ASM instance to facilitate testing DEP workflows. We currently have all newly purchased devices automatically assigned to our production server. I would like to keep that and j...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.6.0 missing images in the console on Macs

We just upgraded last night and I noticed the "Computers", "Devices" and "Users" tabs missing in the top left-hand corner in Chrome on my Mac (2 different ones actually). I logged on to a Windows VM and launched Chrome and logged in, and they were th...  View more

33f18f02effd4173964a31854801a0a7 58929c619dee42948dfe610618965649
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service opening upon DEP enrollment

Hello, I'm finalizing our new thin imaging process and have found some strange behaviour with DEP enrollments. The machine will prompt to become supervised and proceed to the account creation window. At that time (while the Jamf binary is downloading...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Department &

Pardon my if I posted something that was already mentioned. We are new to jamf (In about 4 months). I was wondering if anyone had a way through a script or something else that post enrollment a dialog would pop up and ask for the following inforomati...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro OnPrem with own Hardware Vs VM

I was told by multiple reps that JAMF recommends to use it's own server hardware instead of using a VM environment. We have our JAMF on a VM, but its performance is abysmal. I'd like to move our JAMF to hit's own hardware and my boss agrees as long a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Activation Lock Status

As many of you know, Apple remove their Activation Lock (AKA Find My iPhone) status site over a year ago. https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/ This site was critical for my Helpdesk tier 1 support team. They were able to confirm that a device was u...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors