Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Apple DEP integration if not currently using

First off, i want to know everyone's experience with Apple DEP program Secondly - if we aren't currently using it, and want to add DEP into our organization, would we have to re-enroll all the devices again? I'm not sure if there would be an easy way...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scoping Apps at Secondary Schools

I hope there is a simple answer here that I am just missing, but we are getting ready to deploy 1:1 iPads to 1400 middle school students. We are already 1:1 at 3 elementary schools, deployment of apps is easy via Smart groups we have built which corr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CSV downloaded via curl is zero bytes

Hey JamfNation I am hoping someone can assist me here. We are using the jamf command setcomputername fromfile and I have a csv with 400+ entries of serials and computer names. I have uploaded the file to a webserver running iis7 and use curl -O https...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Firewall block?

Been using DEP for a few months now but I cant use it on our network (null) without tricking it. If I was to try and image a Mac using DEP off of our network it works fine. But while on the corporate network I have to join the guest Wifi (non-product...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parental Controls/Monitoring

Some of the parents of our 1:1 iPad Program are concerned about their child's use of the iPad. We obviously have filtering/firewall/policies/restricted apps/etc... in place. However, the parents would still like to see how much screen time the kids a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update iOS device missing from management

Maybe I'm missing something here, I was hoping someone could point this out if so. Say we have 10 iOS devices under management. I want to update 1 of the 10 devices. When I search for my device, and go to the Management tab, I have about a dozen acti...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Policy Editor Lite

Edit a policy's version number via the API About Since Jamf Pro PI-005903, I’ve been thinking of a faster way to update policies. Last week, Adobe released six updates which — outside of building new packages via Adobe's admin console — effectively r...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Bind to AD Process

I'm out of time and ideas. If you have any input regarding HOW I can achieve the end goal, please chime in! Beers for everyone! Goal: During enrollment of computers we want the end user to be able to log into the machine with their AD credentials aft...  View more

ae0b8e1f1814479da25a6ce51c0555b7
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Static Groups With API

Does anyone have a script that will create static groups using the API? I read the the documentation and found the mobiledevicegroups section which talks about creating groups using the POST command. However I cannot get the syntax correct. I searche...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf - new implemantation

We are going to use Jamf and to implement it soon. I know Jamf is a huge package with lot´s of features, so would like to know experience with what should be main focus to start with of which features to be sure to have integrated to start with. I kn...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile; TouchID - Unlock your Mac

Hi ! We are going to pilot TouchID in our environment icm with Managed Mobile Accounts, so currently all our macOS devices have an configuration profile where TouchID pane is disabled and also the features to unlock the mac. On my own machine i have ...  View more

57845347c3524ceaa97f2f538098df3f 118e326ba1ee44eeaf88fd2233b43b2c
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS - TCP 8443 vs 443

Hey there, I'm just curious if someone could outline the pros/cons of running your JSS under TCP 8443 vs. 443? Is there a good reason why default installations use 8443 instead of 443?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with new Reposado configuration

So I've started testing out replacements for my old ASUS and am seeing if Reposado can do what I need it to. Currently running on macOS Server. Any attempt to connect and check for updates gives some vague (to me) errors. I've tried to set the URL of...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migration Utility 10.13.4 requests authorization

I am attempting to migrate accounts from old MacBooks to new MacBooks. Utilizing Migration Assistant and a Thunderbolt cable, I have successful migrated many accounts in the past. However, on only my newly "deployed" computers, one of the steps in Mi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Admin to Standard user

Hi Jamfers i have an issue where a bulk of my users are local admins on their machines. We have another local admin account on the machines lets call it (ADMIN). I would like to make the user's accounts as standard but keep the (ADMIN) account as loc...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Outlook 2016 to use Kerberos authentication

Hi, I have an applescript that I have been saving as an app, which I have used to copy to machines and then kick off in the logged in User's context. This has been successful to set Outlook clients to Kerberos authentication, as well as to use the lo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device based VPP App Install Prompting for Apple ID

Purchased an app via the VPP program, deployed today and immediately get prompted with the following screen. We've deployed thousands of copies of other apps previously successfully, first I've seen this. Can anyone advise? For reference the app is A...  View more

994d5dd7bb9c4355880467c41bccadc3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors