Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Arris Ruckus Cloudpath

Hello All, Anyone here using Cloudpath and an onboard SSID for iOS devices?I have created an Onboard SSID with a Walled Garden for bring devices online, including iOS devices.The Walled Garden limits to just a few locations for access, such as Apple ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting Mac location in JSS aka 'Find my Mac'

There have been various previous threads here about how to obtain and report the physical location of a Mac via JSS. Unfortunately various changes - mostly down to Apple have broken previous approaches. Before I detail my own working solution I will ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Checking certs in an EA

Hi, I've got an EA that should return the encryption of a user certificate on a Mac. It works on all my test machines but appears to be broken on most of the machines out in the wild. The key line is : certalg=$(security find-certificate -a -c ${user...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Searching on NetApp

Hello, We have a handful of users backing up data on our NetApp and when they go to search, nothing shows up or items are missing. After running mdutil -avs it appears that indexing is off on that server. I was able to enable the indexing using mduti...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFI Network Payload

I'm trying to build a WPA2 Enterprise payload that prompts my user to authenticate. However whenever I check the box "use as a Login Window configuration" then click "Save" the box returns to an unchecked state. Is this a known bug? Any known workaro...  View more

36d77367d04f4f08901ca98123c7e64d
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login window to Name and password

I know there is an item in Config Profiles called Login Window that I can change the login screen to display Name and password instead of list of users. The problem is this payload comes with a bunch of other items in the Options, Access, and Script ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking Users ability to run Scripts

So...I feel like I know the answer to this, but this recently came up in a meeting. There is a small group of users that my company would like to prevent from being able to do certain things. One of them is running scripts on their Macs. My first rea...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Naming Machine Pre-Enrollment

Hello, We need to have a dialog prompt so users can name the machines Pre-Jamf enrollment. This script (written as a .COMMAND shell file) seems to work but it'll ask for the current user password, then machine name both in dialogs but then still asks...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nightly Disconnects - Wired Macs

I posted this on Apple's community but haven't gotten any responses from anyone, so re-posting here to see if anyone has any suggestions. Also, I spoke with apple and they sent me troubleshooting wifi connectivity, our machines are on wired only, but...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps wont push automatically after a wipe.

Hey there, fairly new to JAMF and I'm needing some assistance from the pros. What I noticed is, whenever I try to wipe out an iPad by sending out a command / DFU, it wont re-install the apps. Self service shows up and a couple of others. Commands are...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.5 binary and poor battery life

Hi there, I've noticed a significantly shorter battery life on my MBP 13" after enrolling it in a 10.5 Jamf Pro lab/testing/hobby server for inventory and some light testing. My initial thought was that the battery is starting to wear out after three...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shout-Out to Jamf....

Just upgraded to Jamf Pro 10.5 this week and went to do some script editing. I may be late to the party but just noticed these new modes in the script editor.Way to go, Jamf. This is pretty cool!!  View more

13310287d95148ca91bfee096874d5b3
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf management account with local password policy

I have been going back and forth with Jamf support for a while now and it seems that if you have a local password policy where the password is set to expire in X number of days that it will eventually break your environment since the local password p...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing dock items

Is there a way to remove the default apple dock items i.e Mail, contacts, calendar etc?I can't seem to find where to do it - we don't particularly want to use scripts.  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Self Service losing association

Hi guys, we have about 800-ish iPad's at our school here, and every couple days we get a problem where a few iPad's, maybe 5-10, lose their self service connection, and re-enrolling them is the only way to put them back on.  View more

e87216df73164094ba0d76390bbe9273
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-Setting Up Test Local JSS SQL Syntax Issue

Hello All, I recently reformatted my test machine and usually when setting up a local JSS use the instructions provided in the jam documentation. However I am now getting the following error when using the MYSQL command I always use to grant privileg...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Licensing feature in Jamf used with Office

A little late on bringing this up but just curious if anyone even uses the licensing feature in Jamf and if they're using it now during a transition from Office 2011 to 2016. Our situation is that updates simply don't get done as often as it should. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe 2018

Having some real trouble installing our Creative Cloud Suite that I have packaged up... I have followed a thread in here that suggested creating a DMG, then using the PKG to DMG script / Cache and trigger at login but nothing is happening and the tes...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with Epson iProjection Pkg Install

We have a school in our district that has Epson interactive projectors, which uses Epson iProjection software/driver. I have the driver installer working, however, I can't get the iProjection pkg to work. I originally just pulled the pkg file from th...  View more

b3113913b7414a4a91dcb597c2764726
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 on High Sierra and secureToken - Admin Accounts

Jamf Nation, Been troubleshooting FV2 on our High Sierra build for a bit now. I understand how to enable/disable a secureToken, that an account can only get a token using setup assistant and what the sysadminctl command can do etc. What I want to kno...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help/Advice with Computer Restart Policy

I'm looking for some advice on the best way to implement a weekly reboot policy on our Macs. Current policy in our organization requires machines to be restarted at least once every seven days and the smart groups I have set up show about 50% complia...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Apple Security Patches

I have this script, but I don't think it's working, I ran it on a 10.11 Mac that a pending patch and it didn't do anything. #!/bin/bash ### Environment Variables ### # For OS updates use OSXUpd # For Security updates use SecUpd # Get any OS updates g...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Dashboard not loading

Has anyone seen this?After logging into JSS, my Dashboard just hangs with the spinning dots and never shows anything.We are on JamfPro 10.3.1-t1522933524 and it is in all browsers, all OS's, but it is JUST my login.I don't remember when this started....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors