Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

ChemDraw Profession version 17 activation?

Does anyone have this working? And, if working, what are you doing? Apparently, what worked for version 16 is no longer working on the new 17 version. Both the Mac OS version and the windows version has a different activation process. I have the wind...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Intune conditional Access

We have successfully integrated Microsoft Intune with Jamf and are able to enroll devices. We set up Conditional Access test policies, which do work to restrict access. However, whenever we log in, even from users that are not scoped to a conditional...  View more

1be10d881da4456ba433a57738af2ce1
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Safari Extensions

Whats the process for deploying Safari Extensions? MacMule had this one back in 2014:https://macmule.com/2014/10/15/deploying-installing-safari-extensions-on-safari-6-1-7-2/ But I don't see any "Safari Extensions List" in keychain, so not sure if it'...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use Jamf cloud wbhook to push data to powerBi

I was thinking that will not be that difficult to interface PowerBI (microsoft Azure Cloud) with JamfCloud... but no. they both looking for an url to grab data. There probably something I missed there but that should be "easy" and provide "pretty" re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software policies

1:1 environment. I have a few policies that installs software. For example, Final Cut Pro. The policy is set to Ongoing and made available in Self Service. Policy is then scoped to a static group called "Install Final Cut Pro". However I want to chec...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Silent FileVault Activation

A client of mine wants to mass-rollout FileVault to all his users and was asking me if there is a silent way to roll it out (without the user ever seeing a box that tells him to enter a password or tells him that FileVault is now going to be activate...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How is Jamf 10.5 working for you ?

We are currently still running 10.3.1. We skipped 10.4.x. I haven't really seen much news about 10.4 or 10.5 on how it's running out there. I assume that no news is good news.  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Bug causing Camera to not function on MAC

We have been told that this is a bug within Jamf and that they are aware and working on it. Has anyone discovered a workaround to get this to work without having to restart it each time. We have already tried (Config Profile -> Restrictions -> Functi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Nighty Restarts with Message Prompt

Hello, I am looking at using Computers>Configuration Profiles>Energy Saver>Schedule to schedule a nightly restart for Macs in a Mac lab. I'd like to have a message pop up warning potential users on the Mac that this is going to happen and to save the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Carbon Copy Cloner for High Sierra 10.13.5

Good morning everyone, I have a quick question. I have several lab carts of MacBook Airs. They are all the same vintage, hardware spec, etc. If they are all on High Sierra and thus converted to APFS can I set one up with the accounts and software tha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom reporting options for cloud hosted JSS

Hi, Beyond Advanced Computer Searches, what options do we have for custom reporting on a cloud hosted JSS? Obviously we don't have access to the database to run SQL queries but are there any other tools or solutions out there that we can use provide ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

"Remove App if MDM Profile is Removed" Question

Hey! So as the title suggests, I have a question about the "remove app if mdm profile is removed" option for mobile device apps in JAMF : If we have this option unchecked for an app and we completely wipe a device that had the app installed onto it, ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass delete of policies

Does anyone have any ideas on how to mass delete old policies? I would like to delete some policies that have no use anymore and it is painful to go into each to delete or disable. Looking for a way for a way to make a mass change of delete and or di...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Add Mac Clients to Jamf Pro?

We have an office where admin users are re-imaging their Macs or removing the JAMF Pro binary and therefore are unmanaged. Is there any way to re-add a Mac client automatically that is on our internal wireless to JAMF Pro?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.6 Beta Now Available!

The Jamf Pro 10.6 beta focuses on new integration features for device compliance and security, as well as a new database utility for use with Jamf Pro. Here’s an overview of what’s new: iOS Conditional Access Microsoft Intune integration and Conditio...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 8 kudos

Network System Preferences for Non-Admins

I have found a number of older discussions asking for a way to allow non-admins the ability to manage individual system preferences but I'm not having luck on utilizing them on 10.13 (did not try all recent macOS major releases). Hoping to find somet...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Patch Management Wild Card URL

Hello All, I would like to know how everyone else have their Jamf Patch Management setup on their network. We can't open our firewall to *.jamfcloud.com (not even on our proxy server). We can whitelist URL and IP address but not wild card. Thanks in ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update issues

So in the ever continuing efforts to bring people up to date but not force a new OS onto everyone, I'm trying to get all my El Cap users at least up to 10.11.6. After placing the combo .pkg into Casper Admin and indexing it, I created a policy to dep...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing multiple fonts at once via scripting

I've been trying to figure this out but I am no scripting guru so I'll just explain the goal and hope someone knows alot more than me! We've gotten a request to remove literally 200+ fonts from every system in 3 different labs. I am trying to write a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD - Automatic Login

Hi everyone, We have NoMAD running in our environment. Currently whenever a machine finishes DEP, we have to launch NoMAD from Applications, then login with the user's credentials. For new users, their local account credentials match their credential...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upload from Managed app to Safari

Hey everyone, hoping this will make sense because it's driving me nuts. Essentially I have OneDrive installed as a managed app. I'm trying to upload to a website from the Files app, but OneDrive (because it's installed as managed) does not show up fo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 - lockout nightmare

Hi all, Apart from giving up on FileVault 2 for High Sierra, I've been testing it in Sierra 10.12.6 with success. Unfortunately I deployed it via Policy to a local Lab (24 iMac's) which students use (mobile AD accounts). 4 of them have logged in, kic...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV single App mode

I am looking into using Jamf to manage multiple TV in a education/healthcare settings. I know that I can setup my AppleTV with DEP and Jamf management. Is it possible to have my single app mode play powerpoint show and/or videos. I want varius member...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors