Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Cannot delete a app scope exclusion

we have a LADP group and we want to remove it from exclusion in the App scope we hit remove and it seems to be removed exit the click back into it and it still there anyone got any idea on how to remove this ??? have restarted Tomcat and SQL still is...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preparing for Next School Year

What are your procedures for prepping for the next school year? We will be wiping our devices as most of them are cart based but managed with Jamf. As well as removing them from groups for rotation purposes. My question is the users. Do you purge all...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing Apps to Self Service

When I purchase apps in VPP and make them available in the "Mobile Device Apps" section I want the apps to be available in the Self Service file so that a user can download them if they want to. After I do that and scope the app to the appropriate ar...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting past first few setup screens

Hi Folks, We have a lot of automation working here but there are a couple of issues I would like to know if there is a way to get past them. We are beginning to wipe our student Macs, formatting to APFS and loading High Sierra, we are also using DEP....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

A nicer Software update tool

Since Jamf hasn't implemented a few of the feature requests out there that would make this better, I have resorted to making a script and using Jamf helper. I stole a lot of it from https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/5404/jamfhelper-softwar...  View more

• 96 replies
  • 13 kudos

Testing a script?

If I wanted to test a script locally on my mac before deploying it out - how would i go about doing it?Do I open my terminal and drag the".sh" file in there?  View more

• 20 replies
  • 1 kudos
Not applicable
Resolved!
Posted

MailToOutlook Tool and Reversing

I am testing out this MailToOutlook tool from macadmins.software/tools to change the default mail program to Outlook. I cant, however, find a way to reset this setting back to Mail. Any insight or best practices for either portion? Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dev server and DEP

I have a working Jamf Production server on prem but I've been asked to set up a mirrored Development server for testing. I only want to test scripts and basic user configurations to a single test Mac. No App Store Apps or imaging.Do I have to configu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee ePO agent

Hi, How the hell would you package/deploy the Offline version of the ePO-agent (install.sh - 16 Mb)Would need to install with -I switch (sh install.sh -i)Anybody working with McAfee? who has been able to make it work?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

1st run dialog pop-up for office 2016...

Does anyone know how to re-initate the first "whats new" pop-ups for office 2016?im doing some testing and i need the pop-ups to re-appear... do i just delete a plist or something?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Not applicable
Resolved!
Posted

Removing Pulse Secure and Junos Pulse VPN Silently

We were using Pulse Secure (and its older version, Junos Pulse) VPN software in our environment but have since upgraded. In looking for a way to remove the old clients we ran across their uninstallers. Running those prompted the users to save the old...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 8 kudos

Composer taking Snapshot after Startup

Hi @all, i have a little problem with Composer. After open the App it takes a Snapshot and I can't cancel it. If I force quite the App and start it again, it'll do the same. Anyone who has the same problem?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Export computer usage for multiple imacs

Hi, We feel that our imacs aren't optimally used in our business and we think we can get rid of some. I can check our systems computer usage one by one but this is not very functional. So i was wondering:Is it possible to make an export of the comput...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smarter Balanced & Restriction Configuration Profile

Does anyone seem to have this issues with Smart Balanced & A Configuration Profile - Restrictions? We currently use a Configuration Profile that only allows which apps to be launched. The secure browser, our anti-virus and the library/frameworks. We'...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to handle new Macs with Apple's Mac App Store apps?

Just curious what process everyone uses to deal with App Store apps like iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, etc. on brand new Macs? We want to avoid users needing to accept apps with an Apple ID and manage the apps and updates with the Mac App Store feature ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

IPA package cert

Hope someone maybe have some input on this We have some IOS app developers who have made a app for IOS (IPA package). They have send the IPA file to me, and they have signed it with their own developer certificate - and say that we must sign it with ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to permanently track a personal device?

I recently deployed a phone to a family member who was mugged and the phone was stolen. It was immediately powered off and has not returned (nor do I expected it to). Thus I'm now playing around with manual (via a cord) Device Supervision. Is there a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

I recently deployed a phone to a family member who was mugged and the phone was stolen. It was immediately powered off and has not returned (nor do I expected it to). Thus I'm now playing around with manual (via a cord) Device Supervision. Is there a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Sewlfservice needs password?

Recentry My customer says that Selfservice asked ID and password. They did not change anything,and always self service don't ask that. I want to know when and what case selfsetrvice do ask id and password?Does anyone know about this case?  View more

df9aebb229dd4581b1de66361fe3c384
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors