Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Script to Assign PreStage Enrollment?

Hello,I believe we finally have our DEP / PreStage Enrollment install workflow working correctly. Initially we unscoped all of our existing Macs from the reStage Enrollment policy, as we didn't want existing Macs to be prompted for that enrollment. W...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSSImporter - Bypass Distribution Points?

I'm very new to using autopkg(r) and I'm just now integrating it into our JSS. When I run "autopkg run -v Firefox-testing.jss" I've cleared up a few error codes but am stuck at one of them. I understand the cause of the error I'm getting - the questi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 4.2.1 - not showing latest updates

Hi, i'm trying to setup a NetSUS server for our High Sierra macs. Have set this up however when searching for updates comes up with no new updates found (have changed the catalog and when browsing to it on safari, comes up with the XML file. Looking ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email notifications during imaging

During our Windows OSD through SCCM we receive an email as the image starts and finishes. Would also like to get this working while imaging MacOS devices via JAMF Pro. Has anyone got this working or could provide some advice on how to achieve this?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Google Chrome Extensions

Hello everyone, hope you're having a good day/night. I would like to know if you guys have any information on deploying google chrome extensions. I tried doing this with composer. I took a snapshot of a clean machine, then added the chrome extension....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple School Manager VPP

Are there instructions on how to add VPP to Jamf from Apple School Manager? In specific If I create a new content manager in ASM linked to a new location in ASM what do I need to do to add that content manager's VPP token to Jamf? If there are steps ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office Updates

Hi, New here and looking for someone to point me in the right direction for a step by step tutorial on doing Microsoft Office 2016 updates. From what I have seen, doing the apps individually is the best way to go. I would imagine the setup is the sam...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV 2nd Gen Activation Failure

Recently I had to wipe and re-enroll a couple of these old devices and they will not activate. Wiping via AC 2.7 or via on-screen GUI gives the same results, full functionality but does not activate. The big problem is that you can not install profil...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 migration

We are in the process of migration over to Office 365 from on prem servers. Auto discover does not work for us in our environment due to having multiple domains in the name space. We are now switching over also to using enterprise connect and unbindi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

need help with script

have a script that I'm calling via Self Service and it works perfectly. When I have another policy call the same script, it doesn't work quite right. I'll see in the logs a line:271:370: execution error: No user interaction allowed. (-1713) below is ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

IKEv2 VPN StrongSwan - Always on

Hi Guys, Need some help... We have a StrongSwan VPN server setup and are ready to implement it on our iPhones as an Always On VPN Solution. Firstly, we have tested this by putting the VPN configuration onto Jamf and deploying this to the phone (witho...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Individual Recovery Key Redirection

Hello, I'm looking for some help on individual recovery key redirection. I'm in the middle of deploying Jamf, which will be managing FileVault on all of our Macs. I have a handful of machines that are encrypted, but the individual recovery key is not...  View more

da3a057dcac8462ab9fcb1fc113939e2 63a074d36b5f4fad9100545b4f5c56b1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer 10.4.0 apfs vs hfs+?

I upgraded to jamf 10.4.0 this morning and I was making the packages for jamf remote.app but composer is now prompting to make apfs vs hfs+. Does it matter which is which? do I need to maintain 2 separate packages now?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype for Business install via Policy gotcha

I encountered a problem installing Skype for Business with a Self Service policy today. Package payload for the Policy is the Skype for Business .pkg download from Microsoft. Test deployment didn't reveal any problems. Put into production and start t...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password Issue with Outlook 2016 ver 16.12

We have MAU Caching Server Setup and clients on Auto Download and Install, we noticed all clients who got their Office updated automatically to 16.12, their Outlook password starts to not work. Tried everything from NukeOffKeychain, Rebuilding Outloo...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

CIS-for-macOS-Sierra

Hi Everyone I would like some guidance with implementing this. I've added (1_Set_Organization_Priorities.sh & 2_Security_Audit_Compliance.sh) as policy and it works and generate the files in question. But ( 2.5_Audit_List.sh & 2.6_Audit_Count.sh) I d...  View more

f1f2ea31c23b4e38b679255311a41dba
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

yet more api help needed

I'm sorry if I've been extremely needy with API help lately. I'm trying to modernize our Mac management and I've made great strides but I find myself in need of just a bit more help on one thing. I have a script which collects the appropriate user lo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.4 and Quick Add package Bug

I was having problems with the new Quick Add package that I created after we updated to Jamf Pro 10.4. It seems that there is a bug in the Scripts>postinstall script. I had to open the newly created Quickadd package in Composer Scripts>postinstall sc...  View more

28fff39c174f4a71a10aafa21ebd0569
  • 42 replies
  • 15 kudos

Informational enterprise videos challange

Requirements :1. Push 4 videos to the local system (evidently to much bandwidth to point to a repository)2. Schedule one of the videos to play Monday morning at log-in or check-in3. Each video can play only once, for a total of 4 weeks of Monday morn...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Macs - Prevent MDM Profile removal?

Hey guys, I’d like to get some feedback from anyone who’s opted to prevent MDM Profile removal for DEP Macs. Did it work for you? Did you try it and ended up going back to allowing removal? Have there been any issues with jamf client reinstallations?...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd create failing if not main admin v10.3.1

I'm not sure what I am missing here but I just want to create a new QuickAdd package in Recon.app with my user which is Administrator with Full Access and I'm getting this when hitting the "Create" button. This is a sandbox JSS with GSuite SSO enable...  View more

522da89f2b8243748b43b408af589225 b65491d9041d4342ade721d56b2df596
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Center Endpoint protection 64-Bit?

Has anyone been able to deploy a 64 bit version of System Center Endpoint protection on High Sierra. We've downloaded the latest ISO from the MS enterprise site and the installer suggests that it includes both the 32 and 64 bit versions. However when...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco Jabber Provisioning

Has anyone created a script for Cisco (VoIP) Jabber provisioning? According to the information I have been provided the application gets installed. After install, the user would need to click on a provisioning link that would configure the applicatio...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Colour profile for Sharp copier for Mac printing?

One of our users is reporting that the printouts they receive from our Sharp MX series copiers look different to what they see on the screen. It looks like this can be controlled using color profiles but Sharp doesn't appear to provide a color profil...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding AD Home Folder to Sidebar in High Sierra

Hi everyone. I have been slowly preparing for the move for all our work Macs over to High Sierra for the summer break (Work at a college). I've run into a minor hiccup in that my test High Sierra builds do not appear to run the login script we have b...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors