Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.42.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro. Jamf Pro 10.42.1 fixes the following product issues: [PI110600] Updated a third-party library to resolve a known vulnerability (CVE-2022-42889). [PI110632] The device inventory record no longe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

ChemDraw Professional 16 Suite

Has anyone successfully packaged this using Composer insofar that launching the program doesn't prompt you for a Name, Organization, Serial Number and Registration Code? Thanks in advance for any advice!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft login redirect Safari plist?

I've discovered that our school can bypass the Microsoft login screen with a redirect, bit of an explanation on this site. https://chamonixvue.wordpress.com/2016/05/23/how-to-bypass-the-office-365-login-redirect-page-with-adfs/ Basically, our student...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cylance Unisntallation

Hey Guys,I'm having difficulty figuring out how to use Casper to uninstall CylancePROTECT silently for individual mac. Uninstaller is password protected and I'm not getting any option/Terminal command to send password for the uninstallation. Can some...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Tinkering with Web Scraping

I'm tinkering with web scraping in bash, and I'm getting a result, but it's inelegant and, I suspect, unreliable. What I'd love to learn how to do is to take the Xth table from a given web page, and place the contents of its rows and cells into a csv...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Location of CasperShare in the Linux filesystem.

I am migrating 9.98 JSS from Mac to a Linux server and I am having problems with the web server getting "Forbidden" when I try to download a package from it. Can you tell me: What path do you use (what location in the filesystem) for your CasperShare...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Profiles - Mac & iOS

Hi, We push down all of our wireless credentials via profile to our Mac and iOS Devices. I have noticed that sometimes the wireless profile from the Mac syncs over (via iCloud keychain) to the users iOS device. I know I can restrict iCloud keychain, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Doc items being cleared out?

I have a singular policy that runs on log in once per user to add self service to the end of the dock, but it seems to be clearing the dock of all stock apps and leaving only self service and finder. anyone know of what could be causing this?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

n house client backup

Hi, We are evaluating an in house hosted client backup solution and have narrowed it down to code 42 crashplan or commvault v11 (simpana). Has anyone experience with one of the systems? It is hard to find any information about commvault on Mac system...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSx and DEP Wi-Fi question

Hi, i've been imaging apple computers using Deploy Studio, however rumors running around that might be impossible in the near future i've started looking at DEP even for OSx (already running it on iPads). However i've run in to a bit of a problem, si...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Certificates not trusted

----- Warning for Beginner problems and possibly stupid questions ----- I'm getting a user certificate from our Microsoft Certificate Authority (CA), Everything is working great and the certificates are imported via a configurations profile. The trou...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil on the new 2017 iMac

Hi all, first post after using Casper for almost 12 months.Having a problem with dockutil version 2.0.5 on a new iMac 2017 running 10.12.6 casper version 9.96, the same script runs perfectly on older iMacs but on the new one the only item that seems ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trust Certificates

Hi All I have a certificate that I would like to push out to our iOS devices. I have imported the cert into the system keychain and set it to always trust. I've exported the certificate but when importing to a new device it's not trusted.Am I missing...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV Display Company Logo as Home Screen

Hello, I have recently enrolled and deployed all our Apple TV's to conference rooms. I want them to display our company logo on the home screen. This would be from the time you turn it on until someone uses it for Airplay. In many tutorials about App...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Now to Pro Upgrade

Morning, I am looking into getting Jamf integrate into the business I work for and we don't currently have enough devices to justify paying for Jamf Pro but I think that might change when we are a bit more 'Mac-friendly' Is it possible to start on Ja...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd Package Windows server

I would like to create a QuicAdd Pack so I can enrol a number of macs in our lab. We have Casper installed on Windows Server 2012 and I cant find where this Recon.exe file is located?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

2016 Non Touchbar 13" MacBook Pro not powering on

Hi Folks, Just curious, does anyone else have issues with some of the new 2016 Non Touchbar 13" MacBook Pros not powering on? We had 1 out of the box show this, Apple replaced the logic board. Yesterday, we had 4 previously imaged and ready to go Mac...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

LaunchAgent help

Disclaimer I'm trying to pick up learning both Bash scripting and LaunchAgents to make my job easier (and to take more advantage of Jamf Pro), so I'm quite the noob with it. I can't get the script to which my LaunchAgent is pointing to run at login. ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud hosted and Active Directory

Hi All, Hopefully this will be an easy question to answer... I am looking to see how I can connect my internal Active Directory with my Jamf hosted platform. I know there are instructions on using the Jamf infrastructure manager, but i find these ins...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suggestions for Re-imaging a mac computer

It is very common for my department to re-image a someone's mac. Either the device is being reused for someone new or the end user will request it be refreshed. I know Casper Imaging is an option to re-image, but is there any other option to re-image...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to add new network users to FileVault 2

Hello, We are using FileVault2 on all our clients. During the onboarding-process we create a local service account, which is also enabled for FileVault of course. When a new user logs in for the first time with his ActiveDirectory credentials, the ac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airdrop

Hi All Does anyone know how to actually disable the Airdrop service on OSX Sierra ( I've tried the command "defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser DisableAirDrop -bool YES" ) dont the Mac's are still broadcasting via Airdrop I've restricted AirDrop ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Wipe

I want to remote wipe about 20 computers. I find the computers in the JSS, go to the manage tab, select remote wipe and enter the code. So far so good. What I get on the other end is a computer sitting there waiting for me to physically enter the six...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors