Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

kickstart command not working

I'm trying to add another user (user3) to ssh access, but for some reason when I run the kickstart command it still doesn't gain ssh access. can someone help tweak my command? /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resour...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass Deployment/refresh to iMacs with 10.13

Hey everyone, We are a K-12 district with over 1700 desktops in our schools spread across 10 buildings. We currently use DeployStudio to manage our imaging of machines and Jamf to manage the day to day updates, management. We use DEP for our iPads bu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iSight Cameras not working on current version?

Anyone else experiencing this, or can offer some advice? Our config profiles allow the use of the built-in camera, however currently (even on the latest macOS versions) they're not working on any software, see screenshot. They were working fine then ...  View more

0711085b24dc4e538750c2b208af7732
  • 14 replies
  • 6 kudos

iOS 11.3.1 updates not Caching

Since iOS 11.3.1 was released, updates are not caching to the MacOS server app on 10.12.6 or on 10.13.4 is the caching service. This appears to be due to the url that the updates has changed domains from "appldnld.apple.com" to "updates-http.cdn-appl...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Alternative to "Kid Pix 3X"

The lower grade kids in our District have been using a Mac app called "Kid Pix 3X," but since compatibility stopped with the release of High Sierra, we're looking for a replacement. Very simple drawing/painting program that allows them to add backgro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Is there a way to do this?

I need to check all machines to see if they have a specific plugin(s) installed before they receive a policy. Is there a way to do that? For instance, I want to install google hangouts plugin for safari. I created a policy that uses a DMG file that I...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer Question

Hello, We have a MS Office .pkg and a volume license file that should be saved in the /library folder. I wanted to know if it is possible, and if so how would we create a single.dmg out of these two files that would install MS Office and then save th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf with mysql 8.0

Has anyone tested or know if Jamf works with mysql 8.0.11? Maybe it's bad timing that I am initially setting jamf up but I am getting this error: The following error was encountered:QueryException: Could not connect: Access denied for user 'jamfsoftw...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

JMX Monitoring with more than one system

We have been monitoring our Jamf Pro master node with openNMS for the longest time. Recently we switch the monitoring to Jconsole. The switch of course broke openNMS, in an attempt to have both systems monitor the master, we came up with the followin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tonight's event and Parking

If you are concerned about parking for tonight event. You may want to use Uber to get to downtown or one of the Bus Shuttles. Here is a list of shuttles and location please follow this link. If you have question please message me. thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Youngest Jamf Admin in the UK

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any other JAMF admins in the UK that are younger than 20? Trying to prove to my colleagues I may or may not be the youngest JAMF Admin (Jamf 300).  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

bash script to check if an app stop running

a brief summary - i would like to check if an application has completely stop running by checking the %cpu. this application when not running is not at 0.0. it idles around ~ 0.4. however, sometimes i see the cpu dips below 0.4 or sometimes 0.0 for a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV - Single App Mode

Is there a way to bypass single app mode locally on an Apple TV. We have a LOT of devices globally and ideally want an onsite-tech to bypass to amend settings rather than having to go via a JAMF admin...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Rename User account

Hi All, I am looking for help and thank you for suggestion in advance. Currently our Macs are build with a particular username and Password. Since on High Sierra we cannot delete the first created account how do i rename the account and change the Pa...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee Encryption For Macs

Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone has had this done in there environment yet. I am not convinced about this as FV2 works well regardless, without the McAfee bloatware. Any experiences please do share. Thanks  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's New on Jamf Nation - Spring 2018

Hello Jamf Nation! It was suggested that we do more to highlight function and feature changes to Jamf Nation, so I’ll be posting roughly once a month with an update on what’s new in Jamf Nation. We’ve done a lot already this year that I’d like to sha...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 35 kudos

Clearing ALL Internet Passwords

I'm looking at ways to clear out all the internet and application passwords from user keychains without actually blowing away the login keychain. We have user level certificates that have to be preserved. Thus far I know how to find the logged in use...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

On-premises Server deployment issues

JAMF will be hosted from DMZ which will help users outside Organisation network to communicate with JAMF Server but not with the internal users, vice versa if they are hosting it on the internal network, customer is certain about not opening the port...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid MDM Profile during enrollment

We usually enroll our iPads through DEP, but these were purchased through the Apple outlet and Apple said they are not eligible for DEP enrollment because of that. (They're claiming they can't put the order under our customer number for DEP to work) ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Converting local account to a AD mobile account

I trying to find the most effective way to migrate a local user account and data to an existing Active Directory account (MacOS 10.13.4). I have an employee that has been using a local account for some time and now is required to use an AD account (w...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 3 kudos

Clustered nodes naming shows old DNS FQDN in Jamf pro

Two of our clustered nodes are being shown in our jamf environment with and old DNS entry, I have removed the DNS entries and make sure that the hosts and hostname files show the correct in those nodes and have restarted the vm's and they still show ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors