Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Converting local account to a AD mobile account

I trying to find the most effective way to migrate a local user account and data to an existing Active Directory account (MacOS 10.13.4). I have an employee that has been using a local account for some time and now is required to use an AD account (w...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 3 kudos

Clustered nodes naming shows old DNS FQDN in Jamf pro

Two of our clustered nodes are being shown in our jamf environment with and old DNS entry, I have removed the DNS entries and make sure that the hosts and hostname files show the correct in those nodes and have restarted the vm's and they still show ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bash script issue in Jamf

I have been working on a simple script to divide a variable by a static integer that works just fine when run on it's own, but when run via a policy in JAMF it is throwing an error. Here is my code: warningSeconds=7200 convertTime=$((warningSeconds/6...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

This Apple ID cannot be used to make purchases.

Hey Jamf Nation family, i´ve got a problem with our managed Apple IDs. This week we created Users in Apple School Manager and imported them into Jamf.After this we purchased a VPP App "Evernote" in Apple School Manager and assigned it to my test user...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Testing Causing Issues With Mac

Hello everyone, I did some testing with a few scripts the other week. I have a couple post here explaining what I needed. I noticed that my computer is now restarting every day at the same time. I have deleted several scripts that I tested. I have no...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC and a Proxy Server

Not a JAMF question at all. I just happen to work both in Cybersecurity with endpoints and manage the JSS to ensure security compliance of our Macs. Has anyone been successful getting Adobe Creative Cloud to work behind a proxy? Both Macs and Windows...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying and enforcing Filevault IRK in High Sierra

I'm trying to come up with a solution that will require our High Sierra machines upon enrollment to get encrypted with a individual recovery key (IRK). I also need JSS to capture this key in the management tab of the computer object so we can use it ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Importing Users from ASM

When importing users from apple school manager what is the purpose of selecting the site first? It doesn't seem to assign the user to said site when Importing. The second image is from a user that should have been imported into the "Highschool" Site....  View more

58d598f2ffab46c1a2afc35ab7e95bf1 ebb1fe39af61459992c9c6dc76588a2c
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Same settings for all users on mac

Do any know any tool or trick to setup a default setup for users logging into a mac (both mobile users and local users) - so settings is default fx which icons in dock etc, default browser, start page etc  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

APFS and imaging

I know a topic there exist a lot about. But it is still possible in fx deploystudio to image hardware even with APFS enabled ? . I know carbon copy cloner works and can take image of APFS harddrive - but with deploystudio there is some more options  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Language choice of the Jamf Pro Webinterface

Maybe this is very simple, but somehow I cannot do it (I looked in the Knowledge Base, but the last answer to it was in 2014, then it was told that it is implemented since 9.3.1). We install everything in German, but I would like to have the Webinter...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf, and SafeCom, and NoMAD, oh my!

Hi everyone! We manage our school-owned devices via Jamf Pro, all laptops/desktops are bound to AD, and we use SafeCom as our print management solution. (Yes, we still have people who use paper.) The problem is the students' byod laptops. I experimen...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Content Caching

I've uploaded "com.apple.AssetCache" as a custom setting into a Configuration Profile. Which appears to be working, but I still need to manually enable the service under the Sharing Preference Pane. How can I start this service automatically and keep...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate DDS or Absolute Install

Hello!Does anyone have a solution for automating the install of DDS? Right now we have to manually run the install package from Absolute in order to have a separate ESN or hardware number associated with the Mac. I tried using Composer...I took a sna...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Disable Emojis on iOS

I am looking for a way to disable the emojis keyboard or replace it with a different keyboard. I am not seeing this in the config profile. Any way to do this? Thanks!Gil Anspacher, Technology DirectorSantiam Canyon School District  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook asking to bypass security token for every user

Hi all, I have a Macbook Pro (10.13.4) that is prompting every user to Continue or Bypass entering a Security Token code when they 1st login. This is with AD or local users. The only user it didn't ask for was the initial Admin user account we create...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 1 kudos

Scope Make me a local admin

I have a self service item to make domain users a local admin if they are not one. How can I scope this to only domain users that are not local admins on that Mac?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Application Management

Standardizing Adobe App ManagementThis will be more of a b.... gripe session of having to deal with Adobe's annual reinvention of deployment of their apps, than a solicitation for help, but here it goes. It seems with each version of an Adobe Family ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Asset Management and Ticketing options

We are a K-12 school system with multiple platforms (Mac OS, iOS, Chromebooks, Windows), with Assets in the thousands. We are looking for useful suggestions on what people are using for systems with Asset Management and Ticketing combined. What are p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Internet Recovery with APFS disabled

Dear Community Members, is there a way to install a Mac, via Internet Recovery, but without the Conversion of the Flash Drive to APFS - because we need to use Deep Freeze for Mac & it does not support the new File System. Also is there a Script I can...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to request username and password

Hi all. I'm looking for a script that requests the user to input his username and password. If possible the user should type the password twice and both should be compared. Both values should be stored for a later local account creation e.g. Does som...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to put MDM in Maintenance Mode?

Hi, I wonder how I can set the MDM in maintenance mode. We will have an interruption on our DB server, and to avoid any problems we would like to put the MDM in maintenance mode. But from the doc it seems as if the maintenance mode pages are only dis...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OpenDirectry Mobile account to a local account

I want to change from an OpenDirectry Mobile account to a local account and apply Jamf to apply the password change rule of the user.I want to change the password every 90 days.I can change to a pure local user, but I am in trouble because I can not ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors