Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Powershell scripts for Tomcat node management

With a large windows based environment it became necessary for me to figure out how to use powershell to automate some of my tasks. Here are three scripts that I use in my environment that someone else with a windows environment may find helpful. I r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Finder Settings Script

Hello, I have a script that edits the Finder plist (com.apple.finder.plist) and changes it to fit our needs. It runs perfectly well when it is a .command and executed by double clicking on it, but it does not fully execute when put inside a package o...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Manage FortiClient Preferences

Does anyone have any experience managing the forticlient preferences? I've had success modifying the plist but the values are replaced. The plist is also stored non traditionally and is just called vpn.plist and I'm not sure if I can use a config pro...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra Updates Stall During Installation

I'm sure this has come up more than once - but so far, I haven't found anything reliable... Has anyone found a reliable method for upgrading High Sierra from one revision to another without experiencing the "Failure/Stuck/Installation" error? We've b...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove all profiles using script with wildcard

Hello all, I'm cutting over from a previous MDM to Jamf. My previous MDM is not working so well right now, and so trying to unenroll/remove config profiles that are on all of my client Macs is proving very difficult. My idea was to create a policy th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory won't update on iPads

We have several iPads that will not do an update inventory. They don't respond. They have not updated for over a week. I have tried updating the IOS, They are stuck on iOS 11.2 - 11.26. But when you look at the device some of them that say 11.26 in t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display more than two MAC addresses as an Attribute

Hi All, Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this script.I am trying to get it to display more than the default two MAC addresses. !/bin/bash allNetworks=`networksetup listallhardwareports | awk 'BEGIN { RS=""; FS=""; } /Port: (Wi-Fi|Thunderbolt|Eth...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Disallow Camera Devices: True"?

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has run into the issue we've just started experiencing after upgrading JSS to 10.3.1. We have a configuration profile for handling screensavers and FileVault2 recovery keys. For some reason however this now also disabled c...  View more

432b48a2ebf84b02a5247d8b22ca6643
  • 47 replies
  • 5 kudos

iOS Safari Privacy & Security - fraudulent websites

Hi does anyone know a way to set the fraudulent website warning in iOS for Safari via JAMF?It is located here: Settings > SafariPrivacy & Security section. Ive set this for MacOS via a config profile custom setting but cant find anything for iOS. Any...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.4 Beta 2 is now available!

Hey Jamf Nation! Jamf Pro 10.4 Beta 2 is now available with updated release notes and available installers. Jamf Cloud will be upgraded to beta 2 this afternoon. Thank you for your participation in this program!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Create Invitation

I'm getting the fun "unable to create invitation" message. I checked my permissions and they are all checked. I've never had an issue with this before. Originally this was happening with JSS 10.3.1 and Casper imaging 9.100. I upgraded the netboot to ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

OneDrive Enable Extension erro

This is the error I get: Running script OneDrive Finder Extension...Script exit code: 1Script result: match: Connection invalidError running script: return code was 1. This is my script: #!/bin/sh loggedInUser=`python -c 'from SystemConfiguration imp...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad pairing question

Hey all, We're getting ready to implement JAMF Pro later this month. (I've used AirWatch the past few years.) I've got a best practices question regarding enabling/disabling pairing in the DEP profile. Basic question is, do you allow it or no? Curren...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trend Micro Kernel extension issues

Hi, Just wondering if anyone is using Trend and having issues with navigating the kernel extension approval changes. I talked to Jamf support and as usual they have been more than great, their suggestion is to allow users to approve Kernel extensions...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

App availability in Self Service

We use JAMF to distribute VPP apps to our school*s ipads. We have a problem with how apps are made available through Self Service. We may have missunderstood how Self Service functions. Here is a hypothetical scenario. We have two schools with 120 ip...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proxy Issue

Hi All, I am seeing an issue on a couple of Macs running 10.13.3 whereby the system proxy stops working so If I open Safari and try and browse a site that traverses the proxy then it just sits and eventually timesout. Sites bypassing the proxy seem t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors