Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Disk Enryption - Some Partitions Encrypted

Hi, Currently we are in a pilot phase of the Jamf & InTune intergration with Conditional Access.In InTune we have an compliance policy enabled that the disk has to be encrypted. Intune encrytion setting In some moments my own device is having the sta...  View more

714186f373304ad68780467a879564b5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra and 2017 MacBook Pro Time Issues

We just started deploying 10.13 (by force, the new 2017 MacBooks won't go lower) and started having issues where the time and date settings are greyed out. The original admin account created can change these settings, but other migrated admin account...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling calendaragent via policy

Hello, I'm trying to disable the calendar agent via Jamf policy. The reason being is it's interfering with out albeit poorly written secure browser for state testing. This is the command that works when locally run: launchctl unload -w /System/Librar...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Font issues - Boxed Question Marks

Hi all, I've been trying to isolate an odd issue on various versions of Mac OS that's happening to several users in the workplace... including myself! Issue: While using our machines, the font will randomly change to a series of boxed question marks ...  View more

ccf353e92c1b4a9d83a025be5d3c35b4 fb02b5ee3c6a4c2981c1d6d0d98f4ac8
  • 18 replies
  • 4 kudos

Canceling Registration

I would love to make it today but this rain is making it no fun to get around LA. I will definitely love to be at the next one! -Bob  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Weird Policy issue

Hi JN, Trying here first before I open a support ticket. Basically, I am looking to find out if this is a known issue or undocumented feature. I have a policy in Self Service that installs a bunch of tools related to being a site Admin. It consists o...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Site by IP Address

What is the best way to set a computer's site based on its IP address? I am trying to make it so that I don't have to click each one to set the site on it .  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to enable SecureToken

Hi All, I'm running into an issue where for a subset of devices, I am unable to enable the SecureToken for a standard mobile user. I have a local admin account on these machines with a valid secure token. When attempting to grant a SecureToken from t...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intune - Mac management

We are just thinking about which way to go for mac management. We have JAMF and also Intune.We have a lot of EMS licenses for intune, so would be of course cheaper to use the licenses with intune we have. But the primary thing is of course if intune ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

AirDefense is old (Switch off WiFi when lan Connected_

Hi, We have what I believe is an old package called AirDefense pushed that automatically turns WiFi/Airport power on and off based on weather a hardware ethernet connection is present. It's been causing some issues though recently where if a user has...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud Update

We have about 175 Adobe Creative Cloud device based licenses deployed. When I try to update the applications the update fails. The updates will complete if an Adobe account is used. For a device based license why is an Adobe login required ? Most of ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD bind with custom policies

Hi all, We are running about 1000 Macs, which are all bound to our AD.On top of this we are running NoMAD on all these machines, which is working wonderful, and we have also disabled the login notification by deploying this to all computers (after th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Load Balancing Jamf Pro with nginx

Hi Has anyone already implemented a load balancer for Jamf Pro with nginx and is willing to share the configuration? Or which proxy do you use? Scenarion: 2 Tomcat server in cluster mode with Jamf Pro behind a load balancer which is terminating SSL.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password Requirements policy

hello. Does anybody know how to modify the password requirements to remove this requirement "Not have two consecutive, or three sequential characters". I checked all over JAMF and i looked at apple's pwpolicy and there is nothing that shows that requ...  View more

1d24adc9ba794f69b891077fd870627c
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users being forced to change AD Password

I am hoping someone might be able assist with a strange issue we are having with AD Bound computers (10.12.6) We are a University and have recently started our first semester and a small but significant number of students, both New and Returning are ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

More Script Parameters

Hi Nation, I had to deliver a script that required more than 8 custom parameters. The below is my somewhat tedious but functional solution to this dilemma. Essentially, I am putting more than one value into each of the Jamf Pro script parameters, and...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Apple TV 4 + Spotify = No audio

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue.Our Apple TV 4th Gen will not allow us to airplay sound from spotify. Screen sharing works with audio but we cannot just stream the Audio. This feature works fine on Apple TV 3rd Gen and at home with the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporary "almost admin"

We've been looking into a way to allow users to have temporary permissions to add home printers, connect to wifi, etc. and I came across this useful post here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/27206/allow-non-admin-users-to-add-printers-a...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCCM Plugin pulling from Jamf failing to send to SCCM

I've gone through the guides and troubleshooting information for setting up Jamf SCCM plug-in version 3.6 and all seems to be going well until it reaches the send to SCCM part. I can see it pull from jss. I can also verify that the data in the XML fi...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors