Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Adobe Remote Update Manager HUD notification

Decided to share a setup I've created to easily keep our Adobe installs up to date (because packaging with Adobe CCP once a year is enough!).For our labs, we package our Adobe install with RUM enabled, which allows use the RemoteUpdateManager command...  View more

781dbadeff934e7eb1e2ad2b5309b65a 00f58ce4134a4e22a049b0a76ffb48c9
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos

Kernel Panicking - Netinstall

Hi I have a 10.13.3 .nbi file which I use the same file on various Mac mini's in different offices for reinstalling macOS however on one particular mac seems to cause the clients to kernel panic or come up with the prohibited symbol when loading to i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling FileVault on High Sierra

Hello, My team is currently contemplating upgrading our fleet to High Sierra. So far, we seem to be having the most problems with newly imaged machines. Once High Sierra is on the new machine, we are unable to properly encrypt it. We don't receive pr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block OS updates via Apple but allow through Jamf

Hello, I won't go into the backstory around my request, but essentially I need to accomplish the following. I'm wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation. Block all software updates through the software updates tab in the App store. Pr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and Mobile User and Administrator

We have been troubleshooting some High Sierra + FileVault workflow issues with Apple enterprise support, and one of the things they wanted us to change in our existing workflow was to make the mobile user the first user to log into the machine. Apple...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passing AD Credentials to Microsoft Outlook 2016

Hello,We have AD bound Macs and are using Office 365 (So the email address is first.last@university.edu and NOT UniversityID@universitu.edu) I've been trying to use : https://github.com/talkingmoose/Outlook-Exchange-Setup-5 by @talkingmoose But it do...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro Conduit 2.40 download link..

I'm having a heck of a time finding a download link for the latest Jamf Pro Conduit on this site! Can someone help a guy out? :) I can easily find the guide for it ([http://docs.jamf.com/jamf-pro-conduit/2.40.0/Overview.html](link URL)), but not find...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMTP Setup

Hello All, When setting up the SMTP server the test email says that it was sent successfully but it never comes through. The reason is bad header -01 because it contains no date the server quarantines the message. Is there a way to change that so tha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Setup

I just finished my jump start and we were unable to bind to AD. I'm getting the error message below and I'm not sure what I'm missing at this point. The error message below happens if I check "simple authentication type". Error: javax.naming.Authenti...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2018 Call for Presenter Proposals

Hello Jamf Nation! For the past eight years, you’ve come together to share insights, observations and advice with fellow IT administrators from around the world at our annual Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC). In case you missed it, we’ll be getting...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Outlook Calendar showing 1 hour off

We are seeing several users with calendar item being off by one hour. I'm assuming this is being affected by the daylight savings time coming up. Majority of the users are not seeing this issue. Anyone noticed this happening in their environment? We ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.2.2 Maintenance Release

A maintenance release of Jamf Pro is now available. This release fixes an issue that caused Self Service for macOS to occasionally crash after launching. There were also certain scenarios where third-party apps that do not conform to Apple’s standard...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 6 kudos

Smart group with computers on local network

I'm trying to determine if a Mac is On or Off the Corporate Network when scoping policies and a found @Rosko Joshua Roskos process on his git hub page https://github.com/jamfprofessionalservices/macNetworkLocation The Issue I have run into is the API...  View more

008f2c32ba894bdca218dfe367f1825f
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DNS Flush through JSS

Is their a way to do this via a bash script? Additionally, is it possible to bypass having to enter an administrative password on every users machine? Thank you!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP loginwindow splash

Are there any (zero touch) DEP splash buddy style tools that run at the login window and do not require user to login first to initiate ?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enroll Page not working in Load balanced Cluster

Hi Guys,I have built my self A Load balanced cluster of 2 machines with a 3rd on the side (Not being load balanced) acting as the master. all are running jamfpro 10.1 The Cluster Is load balanced behind a HA Proxy Server which is running SSL Terminat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying iPad Apps with iOS 11.2.6

Hi Everyone We are currently seeing issues deploying Apps via JAMF Pro to devices running iOS 11.2.6. I have tested this with a iPad running 11.2.5 and an iPad to running iOS 9.x without any problems. Has anyone seen this behaviour? Regards Jamie  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Computer Group, Adding To Site

I've set up Smart Computer Groups for each of my company's distribution centers with a simple criteria --- if Building is DC01 then add to the Smart Group named DC01. The Smart Group is then set to add each computer to a particular Site, also similar...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fastest way of imaging High Sierra?

Hello Mac Admins! I am looking for the fastest way to image 10.13. Currently I am using DeployStudio to image 10.12.6 and the company I work for is looking to upgrade to 10.13. My problem is that I am in charge of a LOT of computers and so the fastes...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Google Chrome Custom Search Engines

I need to add our domain with a https://%s.ourdomain.com to everyone's Chrome.app/saerch engines on their machines but I am getting nowhere. I have heard mention of a Managed Preferences file, but cannot locate it. I have no Default folder in the $PA...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors