Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.42.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro. Jamf Pro 10.42.1 fixes the following product issues: [PI110600] Updated a third-party library to resolve a known vulnerability (CVE-2022-42889). [PI110632] The device inventory record no longe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS and file share on same VM?

We are setting up new virtualized JAMF infrastructure this summer. Both JSS and file share are going to be Ubuntu VM's in the same hosting environment. Is there any reason we can't run JSS and Samba fileserver on the same VM? It would make administra...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Poll Everywhere policy not working

Hi everyone, I want to install the application Poll Everywhere on all machines. I created a smart group that finds the machines that do not have Poll Everywhere installed. I created a Policy that any computer within that group will have Poll Everywhe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dazed and Confused

Hey Folks. I am a total newbie in Apple and JAMF. I just started working at my position a few days ago and never even heard of Casper Suite prior to that. I will be obviously educating my self on it, but in the mean time, perhaps someone can give me ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Wired Keyboard Discontinued

With the introduction of the new iMacs on Monday, Apple has removed all traces of its wired keyboard from the consumer and institutional/enterprise stores. Is there anyone else out there managing labs and clusters using bluetooth keyboards and mice a...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari Settings Profile

Hi, as per the images below I have locked a homepage to Safari and settings when new tabs and windows are opened. I would like to enforce the first setting "Safari Opens with:" but am Unable to find the preference in com.apple.safari.plist to set?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Script Parameter Value Limits

I have a script that necessitated more parameter values than the 8 slots available so I split the script into 4 separate ones in one policy. What I noticed is that the values in parameters 10 & 11 in each script were ignored or blanked out. Has anyon...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting Help: Compressing Home folder for archival

Hi All,Been poking around a bit but haven't found a ton of info on this. Basically, our current process when a user departs is to archive their entire home folder on a server for a period of time. It's an old SMB server so the performance when copyin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Developer Beta 10.13

Anyone else having issues with the beta? I cannot get it to show up in the App Store after installing the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility. 10.12.6 shows up and I am able to install, but after that, nothing. Kinda weird. Re-created this on several dev...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing Updates for MS Office Pro Plus

Hello. I am trying to create an updated package for MS Office 2016 Pro Plus. The installer that I have is about 6 months old. It works fine.. when I install it on a machine, our users are able to sign in with their network account and everything work...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups

I am trying to create smart groups that group together Macs by computer name or enrollment method. For example I would like the smart group to identify all Merry Oaks HS Macs. It should group together all Macs that have the naming convention for the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Central for OSX with Domain Overide

Hi All, I'm a Windows user primarily, and we've recently purchase Jamf Cloud for building our macOS estate. So not overly familiar with how configurations work with Mac's. Need some help with getting a Configuration PLIST installed prior to installin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors