Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Prestage enrollment of devices

Hey, We are about to introduce 100+ iPads into our company and would like to have the Pre-stage enrollment configured. I have created a pre-stage enrollment and set the scope to include the devices enrolled in DEP. I have created a configuration prof...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

dscl . -read /Groups/admin GroupMembership

Hello Does anyone know what information the JSS Inventory uses to show Admin accounts? The reason i ask is that i have an Extension Attribute set up to read /Groups/admin GroupMembership and i get a completely different result, see below?  View more

8a78fb8430f6420989b88de320033414 1d079da4605f4b8cbe83aab7ac902f72
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 + High Sierra + Off Domain

Hi All! I know there has been chats regarding this and I thought I would reach out to see if anyone can give insight based on our special issue. Issue:We have a set of enrolment policies which kick off everything from our gatekeeper permissions to so...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Install Help

I had used this before I got JAMF and now I can't seem to get it to install.I have tried a Dmg and a pkg without any luck.Any ideas? This is the post install script #!/bin/sh ## postinstall pathToScript=$0 pathToPackage=$1 targetLocation=$2 targetVol...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Composer 10 stuck

I launched Composer 10.2.1 for the first time this morning and built a package successfully. I quit the app and came back to it an hour later. Now when I launch it, there are no Composer windows but the menu bar does indicate that it is running. When...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Uninstall SEP, install SCEP

Hi all We are going to upgrade our users from from ElCapitan to High Sierra. As part of this we will need to uninstall SEP, and then install SCEP, preferably using a single policy/script. I am new to this so and advice/suggestions would be greatly ap...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Account Rename + Mobile Accounts

Back story: The information security team in my organization is currently working towards standardizing the naming scheme of some 4000+ Active Directory accounts. This means changing the login ID of those 4000+ accounts. The problem: Our Macs are bou...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forensic Software Recommendations

Just seeing if anyone might have some recommendations on forensic software?We have Macs and iPads, but my main focus is for the Macs. I'm a K-12 and with the current climate of school shootings, want something in my toolbag for my devices should some...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installing a Generic PCL printer via script

hey All, Our High Sierra updated lab computers will not print to our pharos instance in word and some PDF documents. Its due to a known issue with PostScript drivers. One of the solutions is to simply change to PCL drivers. However, Heres the script ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Check-in "NaN minutes ago"?

When I look at the status of my managed Macs for a specific software title in Patch Management, I see that each Mac shows as having checked in "NaN minutes ago". I saw this prior to Jamf Pro 10.2. Has anyone else seen this? If I click the link to the...  View more

ede6ed439205425484bf129a41b5da67
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

VPP: Recalculation Pending

I have been seeing some odd behavior recently when adding new applications to our VPP in JAMF Pro 10.0. Whenever I create new VPP Assignments, they always show up with an info Icon and the message Recalculation Pending. When I go ahead and scope the ...  View more

25fd67d25c8848c0aab920584aa6034a
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting

Im looking to create a script to add to a new policy. I would like the script to prompt the user to restart their machine after the policy runs. I would also like the user to be able to have the option to restart the machine now or later. in other wo...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-Stage Imaging showing computers as "Unmanaged"

Hi Guys, I have imaged my computer using Pre-Stage imaging, everything worked fine, but computer is showing up as “Unmanaged”. I have used Parent configuration with some packages, and I did not configure Management account because we are using manage...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Backup & Sync Issues?

Hey all,Anyone else seeing issues with google backup and sync causing high cpu usage or (bigger issue) losing files/deleting files either locally or on the cloud randomly? Gabe ShackneyPrinceton Public Schools  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP - Who manages the devices

Polling the collective group. For those who are using DEP to manage their devices (in this case, Macs) who is responsible for, or you do you have specific workflows for, assigning devices to your management server? Right now, because I'm the manager ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

APNS Apple ID

I have where I joined the company and am in charge of Jamf but I do not know the Apple ID that was used to create the APNS cert. No one seems to know what it is and I have 17 days to figure it out and renew it. Any thoughts on how to find this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype Helper

Is anyone else having a problem where Skype (after being installed by Jamf) is giving a popup asking for admin rights to install Skype Helper? I was having this issue about a month ago (when the latest version was 8.12), I was able to get around it b...  View more

73bd8f78fb7542e7b14d217c8cfc02f6 bb837eb74e3f4e73b0c6f930ae908db9
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Viewing and removing hidden content

Some of our users are reporting that they no longer have space on their iPads. When I look at the apps inventory, this does not add up to the amount of total space available on their iPad. The only thing that I can think of is that the previous admin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airwtach certificat expirè iphone dep

bonjour, mon problème est le suivant:iphone sous programme DEP et géré via Airwatch.iphone sauvegarder via itunes. mais le certificat a expirè donc nouveau certificat mais plus de connexion avec Airwatch. je voudrais supprimer le profil dans gestionn...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone seen this error before??.. Borken Pipe?

>>2018-02-26 16:40:37,713 [ERROR] [Tomcat-98 ] [AJAXController ] - Processing AJAX responder: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: java.io.IOException: Broken pipeorg.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Best practices: Deploying CIS Remediation Scripts???

Fellas... Looking to the deploy the CIS remediation scripts created by Jamf Pro Services. I can get them to work when I run them manually / one-by-one, but never succeed when run via policy. Was wondering how others are doing it? https://github.com/j...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors