Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Skype Helper

Is anyone else having a problem where Skype (after being installed by Jamf) is giving a popup asking for admin rights to install Skype Helper? I was having this issue about a month ago (when the latest version was 8.12), I was able to get around it b...  View more

73bd8f78fb7542e7b14d217c8cfc02f6 bb837eb74e3f4e73b0c6f930ae908db9
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Viewing and removing hidden content

Some of our users are reporting that they no longer have space on their iPads. When I look at the apps inventory, this does not add up to the amount of total space available on their iPad. The only thing that I can think of is that the previous admin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airwtach certificat expirè iphone dep

bonjour, mon problème est le suivant:iphone sous programme DEP et géré via Airwatch.iphone sauvegarder via itunes. mais le certificat a expirè donc nouveau certificat mais plus de connexion avec Airwatch. je voudrais supprimer le profil dans gestionn...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone seen this error before??.. Borken Pipe?

>>2018-02-26 16:40:37,713 [ERROR] [Tomcat-98 ] [AJAXController ] - Processing AJAX responder: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: java.io.IOException: Broken pipeorg.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Best practices: Deploying CIS Remediation Scripts???

Fellas... Looking to the deploy the CIS remediation scripts created by Jamf Pro Services. I can get them to work when I run them manually / one-by-one, but never succeed when run via policy. Was wondering how others are doing it? https://github.com/j...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service branded icon not sticking

The branded Self Service icon is not "sticking" on a lot of our clients. The icon works when the program is open, but as soon its closed it reverts back to Jamf standard Self Service icon. Both in dock and under /Applications. Is this a common issue?...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hide option "Reset all settings"

Hello, I am trying to hide the "Reset all settings" option. Many clients have this problem with their students who know or are looking for ... Thank you in advance, Yan.  View more

a713ae9acf05402e9d5142e5ade8940b
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Education Labs

HI All,Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction……there is a little bit of a story to our imaging and we need to move towards a DEP automated deployment, so here is what I do now, and what I had hoped for, and what I have tried ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Updating Class Meeting Times using API

Hi,When PUTting classes with meeting times, there seems to be a problem recognising "Tuesdays" when it is the only day or the last day. e.g. the following: T Th 60 120 works, whereas the following: Th T 60 120 T 120 180 don't. The first will...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exit Code

Hi Everyone I found a "product issue". If I run a script with Jamf Pro 10 with an exit code 1 the policy will have a failed status. #!/bin/sh exit 1 I f I run the same script with the Files and Processes > Execute Command option it will not recognise...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS INSTALLER WON'T INSTALL

I keep getting this error:ERROR: PLEASE VERIFY SERVER, PORT, USERNAME SQL Server installed and running Created in Terminal Database below: CREATE DATABASE jamfsoftware;'> GRANT ALL ON jamfsoftware.* TO 'jamfsoftware'@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '> 'jamfs...  View more

b7223224a80548c2b1dbd71269e49a5b
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Identification Payload for Configuration Profiles

This question has been asked a few times in the years past but we've never had a solid answer. What does this do? I know what its supposed to do in theory but it never does it. I have the profile applied and according to the Apple Documents you can u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 7 kudos

Adobe Scratch Disk

Two iMacs in an art studio are displaying a message about the startup drive being almost full. Concurrently there is an error appearing about a full scratch disk. I cannot find the hidden files. The iMacs are running 10.12.6. The AD student accounts ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging with Composer

Hello Folks, I know there are a number of people who don't use Composer. I still do and for the most part, it has been a very reliable tool for me. Today, I attempted to package a newer version of a program we use here at the college. I haven't packa...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking or removing iPad Apps

We have students who are abusing social media apps during school hours. Is there a way to uninstall them from supervised iPads, and/or block them from being installed or running?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Connecting to Windows Servers

Hey All, I'm setting up my JAMF PRO server prior to jumpstart and I wanted to have the mac's bound to the network prior to jumpstart. I was able to bind the machine but it will not connect to any of the windows servers. Is there anything else I need ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dashboard not Resizing

Hello Everyone, After updating to "10.2.0-t1518103206" my dashboard does not resize to the size of the window. Defeats the purpose of having a 21:9 monitor really... Should have shared more with the screen shot but didn't want to expose some info. I ...  View more

c427434cee6d47c394cc110e409ea976
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SoftwareUpdate not pulling OS Installer

I'm looking to get a little more assertive in pushing OS updates, and was glad to see that the OS install could be scripted using "startosinstall". The problem I'm trying to figure out is why none of our clients are finding/downloading the "Install m...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point - set custom timeout

Hello, we have setup 2 DP in our JAMF. Both of these are pointing to the same file server. The only difference is that DP-1 is only configured using SMB and is set as Master DP.DP-2 is configured using HTTPS and a fallback if DP-1 is not available. B...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Rename Mac Script

I want to build a script that will find the local user excluding the local admin and use it to rename the Mac,Example:John Doe has a MacBook Air with a serial number C02FM2JEGTF1 The account name is his full name John Doe and his username is in our d...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable automatic login using profile config

HiI've been using smart groups and policies to disable system preferences like this before, but we would like to move towards using MDM configs for things like this going forward. I'd like to be able to disable automatic login for users without alter...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Bound managed Macs get profile in / (root)

I have a site that has their own Admin team. They are new to JAMF and I am training them up. They have about 175 managed Macs in their Site. Recently (they are not sure exactly when), an Active Directory user will log into one of the Macs. The profil...  View more

5da46d08416244d1834aab0e7ff6a973
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Institutional Recovery Key usage

Hey, guys! I am testing our company's FileVault 2 workflow and I haven't been able to use the Institutional Recovery Key, simulating the scenario in which we don't have access to the enabled user's password nor his/her personal recovery key. We have ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Pulse secure with config file

HI All, let me start off by saying I am a complete nube to the Jamf community. I am piloting with policies, configs and PKG deployments. I am now stuck at deploying our Pulse VPN config file using Jamf. I was able to successfully deploy and install t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors