Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Apple SUS and Full Installer

Maybe I am mis-remembering, but I don't remember the full macOS installer being part of the Software Update Service. But, I just turned on the SUS in Server.app 5.5 for the first time in years (to test something else) and I just noticed the High Sier...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point share

I've attempted to create a distribution share on our Jamf pro server. It is a mac mini running 10.2.1 and 10.13.3. I followed the steps in this KB article: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/325/setting-up-a-file-share-distribution-point. When...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto-Dmg .PKG Files

Hey, Trying to do a "base image" of 10.13 using the new AutoDMG. Everything installs correctly (the laptops all had High Sierra already) but the .PKG files I drag into AutoDMG before building the image do not seem to install along with the OS when I ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Devices losing contact with MDM

Hello, We have around 4100 Mobile devices in our district, most of them Ipad Air 1s running IOS 10.3 or 11.2+. I have had a number of them completely lose contact with the MDM for an extended period of time even if students have been using them(wifi ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow Non Admin Users to Add Printers At Home

Hey! I work in a school district where we have given teachers MacBooks. We have restricted the teachers from adding printers because we would really like to cut down on the insane amount of printing that they were doing. Before we had done this, a lo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for last logout?

We require users to logout after they are done with their work for the day. However, as everyone knows, Mac users do not always logout. Is there an extension attribute that can be used to collect info for "no logout in X number of days" Thanks! Corbi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to Rename Computer Before Installing Application

I'm creating an installer to install the KACE agent on a Mac. I've gotten the installer to work correctly, but the issue is that I want to prompt the technician to rename the computer before it installs the KACE agent. Here's what I've got: !/bin/bas...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

automatically uninstalling apps from groups of iPads

I just recently got Jamf off the ground here with our iPads (a bit over 200 of them) and have been making adjustments as we figure out what apps we need in the various labs. As a result, I find I have groups of iPads with apps that are not wanted in ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra 10.13.3 and Delete AD users home folders

We having been using a script deployed in JAMF to delete home folders upon log out. Our users are Active Directory users, many users one machine. It has been working great. Here is the script. !/bin/bash USER=$(stat -f '%Su' /dev/console)dscl . -read...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy that does not turn off

Hello, I had created a policy that runs a script to enable Apple Store updates on all Mac workstations with Trigger at the Login once a day in offline mode, and now I don't want it to apply anymore and I disabled it because I created another rule tha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Image

Hello everyone, My occupation has recently invested into using JamF shortly after High Sierra was released. Before High Sierra, I use to create customized O/S images using disk utility which does not work anymore with the latest operating system. Our...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help w/ Backup Process for APFS

Hey all. Trying to begin working on a new backup script for the machines we manage. I (of course) am having trouble with adapting current processes to the new APFS system and am reaching out here to see if anyone has had luck? I'd like the script to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internal Network, Guest Network, and Apple

I have my JAMF server on my Internal (private) network. The firewall has been setup to use DEP with Apple and everything works like a champ. What I want to do is... put potential clients on my Guest (public) network and have the same functionality I ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 11 and home screen layout

Is anyone else having this problem? I set up my iPads with a home screen layout, and all members of a group get the same layout. In the past (iOS 9 and 10), when I would add new iPads to that group, the layout would get pushed first, and as apps inst...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf equivalent for Windows

I heard this community was amazing so I thought I would try my luck. We currently have 200 employees and most of them use Macs and we are going to be using JAMF for all of them. We have about 20 users that use Windows and Linux and I was wondering if...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos Authentication for SSO (Alternatives?)

I hate to ask what is probably a very novice question, but well... I'm a novice in this realm. I'm currently attempting to modernize our Mac environment (or at the very least solidify it). We're having an issue hitting a particular internal website t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.13.3 Suplemental Update failure loop

So about 25% of machines that are suffering from an error when applying the "macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 Supplemental Update" released today."macOS could not be installed on your computer""The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSinstall.mpkg appears t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.2.1 Maintenance Release

A maintenance release of Jamf Pro is now available. Certain scenarios with sites enabled impacted Jamf Pro performance when MDM requests were being sent. This maintenance release fixes that issue. Jamf works hard to ensure product quality and will co...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service (v.10.2.0) and Yosemite

We just updated to Version 10.2.0 and noticed something odd with a few of our users still rocking Yosemite. When they open up Self-Service, everything looks normal and they can run policies without an issue. When you close out though and attempt to r...  View more

b99b89b3f62c4000be56256a76d9cfeb
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Meetup

I'll try to make it everyone. I took the day off for my birthday so I'll be out with my wife however, if I have some time or we are in the area I'll drop by.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

NYC Metro Jamf User Group March 2018 Meeting

Join us to celebrate Pi day with Jamf and Apple at the 23rd NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 4:30 to 6:30 PM at the Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, New York, NY, 10014 Join us for a slice of discussion of...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Making Policies Available Offline

I am trying to make a policy available offline so users can update an application without being connected to the corporate network. I have the application cached and the policy set to ongoing with the make available offline option checked. When the m...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS vs Jamf Pro Server

Good morning. I hope you all are well. I am writing this morning to determine if it is necessary for me to create a JAMF Pro server, if I currently have a cloud-based JSS-instance. I am asking this question because this is the first time that I have ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors